The Greatest Sandwich Ever Made

Stoney

Any sandwich with bacon.

What I find amazing is there isn't hardly anywhere you can find a BLT. I can remember when those were served in almost every diner and sandwich shop.

My favorite sandwich was the Alvin Ord's Salvation. I haven't seen one of those since 2004 in Plano. Schlotzsky's comes close, but not the same.

Can't beat a hot muffalata sandwich ...

muffuletta.jpg?1464402560

I'm not a fan of olives unless they're ripe olives. The green one's are just too tart. Since you're talking Louisiana sandwiches the best I had there was at the Isle of Capri. They had a semi-spicy crawfish po' boy, and that sandwich was awesome. I don't know why they quit making them, because they would fill you up, and tasted like heaven.

I'm not a fan of olives unless they're ripe olives. The green one's are just too tart. Since you're talking Louisiana sandwiches the best I had there was at the Isle of Capri. They had a semi-spicy crawfish po' boy, and that sandwich was awesome. I don't know why they quit making them, because they would fill you up, and tasted like heaven.

The roasted hot muffalata olive mix is just about the best thing you can put on a sandwich in my opinion ... my favorite muffalaleta sandwich was in Shreveport at Dominics before they closed .... Jason's Deli makes a very good one too ... theirs is much better than McAllisters ...

A thick bbq pork sandwich is always good ....

sliced-porksandwich.jpg

What's up with Pork Sandwiches today. When I was a kid most joints only had brisket in Texas. I remember Nelly's Brown Pig over in Marshall, but we never ate there. I didn't even know what a pulled pork sandwich was until I moved to Alabama in 2008. They were no count to me. Give me a chopped beef or even a sloppy Joe over at bodacious than that. I remember when they sold sloppy Joe's for $1, and they were good eating. Basically it was the leftover brisket with some barbeque sauce mixed up.

What's up with Pork Sandwiches today. When I was a kid most joints only had brisket in Texas. I remember Nelly's Brown Pig over in Marshall, but we never ate there. I didn't even know what a pulled pork sandwich was until I moved to Alabama in 2008. They were no count to me. Give me a chopped beef or even a sloppy Joe over at bodacious than that. I remember when they sold sloppy Joe's for $1, and they were good eating. Basically it was the leftover brisket with some barbeque sauce mixed up.

I don't care for the pulled pork sandwiches soaked in bbq sauce either. The sliced pork, if cooked right is very tender .. add some sauce and it beats the heck out of most brisket. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for chopped beef or a sloppy Joe swimming in bbq sauce .... my Dad used to say they tasted like a "mad wasp nest" ...

I don't care for the pulled pork sandwiches soaked in bbq sauce either. The sliced pork, if cooked right is very tender .. add some sauce and it beats the heck out of most brisket. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for chopped beef or a sloppy Joe swimming in bbq sauce .... my Dad used to say they tasted like a "mad wasp nest" ...

I guess he didn't know the struggle when it was close to payday, and all you had was a few bucks to get something to eat. Maybe anything tastes great when you're hungry. I tried one of those pulled pork sandwiches, and I'd eat a Bodacious Sloppy Joe any day of the week over it. I don't care for those hamburger and Manwich Sloppy Joe's those are nasty.

😜Lol! I'm with you there, Kirt; however, a perfectly cooked chopped pork sandwich with a good, sweet, tangy HOT sauce poured onto it is out of this world delicious!😉

Lol! I'm with you there, Kirt; however, a perfectly cooked chopped pork sandwich with a good, sweet, tangy HOT sauce poured onto it is out of this world delicious!

Chopped or sliced pork is good ... don't care much for the stringy pulled pork ...

• 6 months later...

What I find amazing is there isn't hardly anywhere you can find a BLT. I can remember when those were served in almost every diner and sandwich shop.

My favorite sandwich was the Alvin Ord's Salvation. I haven't seen one of those since 2004 in Plano. Schlotzsky's comes close, but not the same.

Jims BBQ in Waskom has a very good BLT.

Growing up in the 50's down here, it was a big deal for Dad to take us all into Beaumont to eat at one of the Pig Stand's. As I remember, there were three of them. Have no idea if there were more in Texas, or just those 3 in Beaumonnt. Had a great pig sandwich. Best sandwich down here now, imo, is a chipped bar-b-q beef from JB's Bar-b-q in Orange. It's as rich as three foot up a bulls behind. And they have the best bar-b-q around.

• Like 1