1) Rockwall

2) Longview

3) N Mesquite

4) Horn

5) TJT

6) Mesquite

7) Heath

8) Lee

Just a quick question about these predictions... TJT is supposed to have a really good team and Tyler Lee would have been a good 5A squad next year despite a bad 2015 right? Just seems like they are underestimating the former 5A teams..

1) Rockwall

2) Longview

3) N Mesquite

4) Horn

5) TJT

6) Mesquite

7) Heath

8) Lee

I definitely don't see this happening. I think JT is better than NM, not sure about Rockwall though after winning two consecutive district titles(I think). They may have majority of their starters returning to make another run at it. However, I'm guessing if these are the final standings in that district, Horn would be in D2 with the Lobos right?

Just a quick question about these predictions... TJT is supposed to have a really good team and Tyler Lee would have been a good 5A squad next year despite a bad 2015 right? Just seems like they are underestimating the former 5A teams..

Lee was 6a last yr, and they lost alot of players, plus they got a new coach. Its probably going to be a rebuilding yr, but I think they got a pretty good coach, who should turn them around soon. As far as the former 5a schools (Heath, Longview, JT), I don't think they are underestimating Longview., but maybe JT. But who knows, the game is not won on paper, so we just have to wait and see.

I definitely don't see this happening. I think JT is better than NM, not sure about Rockwall though after winning two consecutive district titles(I think). They may have majority of their starters returning to make another run at it. However, I'm guessing if these are the final standings in that district, Horn would be in D2 with the Lobos right?

Yes, Horn is fifth in attendance. Heath, JT, Longview are smaller.

Correct. Rockwall and NM would go DI, while the Lobos and Horn go D2. Only thing that would push Horn to DI is if JT made the playoffs instead of Rockwall.

As far as these rankings, Rockwall is riding on momentum holding a 14-0 district record the past two years....but that was against the Garland schools. Not knocking Rockwall because I wouldn't be shocked at them making the playoffs, but this district is simply a different animal. Not to mention Rockwall has trips to Lobo and Rose (JT) this season. I don't think they're returning the majority of their starters but they do return some nice pieces though. They'll probably have the best LB in the district and on some nights, the best WR in the district.

NM is my pick to win district at the moment. They return 17 or so starters from a 10-3 team and did it in 6A. No way can you put JT over NM at the moment. Not to mention they get JT and Longview at home this season.

Correct. Rockwall and NM would go DI, while the Lobos and Horn go D2. Only thing that would push Horn to DI is if JT made the playoffs instead of Rockwall.

As far as these rankings, Rockwall is riding on momentum holding a 14-0 district record the past two years....but that was against the Garland schools. Not knocking Rockwall because I wouldn't be shocked at them making the playoffs, but this district is simply a different animal. Not to mention Rockwall has trips to Lobo and Rose (JT) this season. I don't think they're returning the majority of their starters but they do return some nice pieces though. They'll probably have the best LB in the district and on some nights, the best WR in the district.

NM is my pick to win district at the moment. They return 17 or so starters from a 10-3 team and did it in 6A. No way can you put JT over NM at the moment. Not to mention they get JT and Longview at home this season.

Gracias Golobos and Wolf. My mind hasn't been on enrollment numbers or football season after going up to 6A and with work and game of thrones being on the last few months, I didn't stand a chance lol. I usually buy DCTF and research this stuff to find it out, but haven't done it this season. Just not looking forward to this year. I thought with Bryson(sp) and the talent that JT had returning from last season, they would at least be better than NM. I guess not. If you have them winning district over your Bos, then they must be pretty good. I guess you have Rockwall out since you're so high on Horn's Qb?

great analysis

Was always a little skeptical of Rockwall til the past two years in the playoffs..they've proven their worth IMO (lost to Westfield by 5 in Rd 3 in 2014; lost to Lake Travis 45-24 in Rd 4 last yr)....district has been weak but Rodney Webb is a heck of a coach and they have seniors who have played 27 games now....heck Mesquite will probably finish 6th and they'd make the playoffs in a lot of districts

Was always a little skeptical of Rockwall til the past two years in the playoffs..they've proven their worth IMO (lost to Westfield by 5 in Rd 3 in 2014; lost to Lake Travis 45-24 in Rd 4 last yr)....district has been weak but Rodney Webb is a heck of a coach and they have seniors who have played 27 games now....heck Mesquite will probably finish 6th and they'd make the playoffs in a lot of districts

Great point. Folks forget about Webb but he placed the foundation for Mesquite Horn before going to Rockwall. Great coach.

I thought with Bryson(sp) and the talent that JT had returning from last season, they would at least be better than NM. I guess not. If you have them winning district over your Bos, then they must be pretty good. I guess you have Rockwall out since you're so high on Horn's Qb?

IMO..

1) North Mesquite

2) Longview

3) Mesquite Horn

4) John Tyler

5) Rockwall

6) Mesquite

7) Rockwall Heath

8) Tyler Lee

5 great teams in this district...1 will sit at home. And even Mesquite would be decent in most districts but those top 5 could simply be too much for them.

My buddy coaches at Rockwall. He is convinced they are the team to beat. The 2 brothers they have coming up are being recruited by every college in the Country (according to him). Im still taking Longview. His reply was that Webb outcoached King when they were at Horn, and if it was close he would outcoach him again. Lol

1) Rockwall

2) Longview

3) N Mesquite

4) Horn

5) TJT

6) Mesquite

7) Heath

8) Lee

dang, no respect for JT lol. It's ok they'll have to put some respect on our name once the season is over..

The standings will be more like this actually..

1. Longview

2. NM/JT

3.NM/JT

4.Horn

5.Rockwall

6.Mesquite

7.Heath

8.Lee

A team in 11-6A could finish 1st or 5th..its going to come down to injuries and who plays at home etc...home field advantage will be massive in this district

I can see some truth in what you say. Getting Rockwall, Mesquite, Heath, and Horn at home for JT is a big factor for JT. Like our chances either way.

A team in 11-6A could finish 1st or 5th..its going to come down to injuries and who plays at home etc...home field advantage will be massive in this district

Well let's see..

Based on homefield advantage, I'd rank em:

1) Longview's home opponents: Horn, Rockwall, JT and Mesquite

2) NM's home opponents: JT, Longview and Lee

3) JT's home opponents: Rockwall, Mesquite, Heath and Horn

4) Rockwall's home opponents: Heath, Horn and North Mesquite

5) Horn's home opponents: Mesquite, Lee, NM and Heath