FNF 11-6A Preseason Predictions..

WP4L

Several offenses could be hard to stop in this district.

Key is defense in this district, not offense.

This is exactly correct. Your defense is going to have to be able to hold up in this district. Longview will be the only team in this district that will be able to play a grind you down offense. Everyone else is going to be throwing it around and scoring lots of points. Great defensive line play is going to be crucial in this district. A key injury could knock you out of the playoffs altogether. Lose your QB and your going to be in trouble. I like Rockwall but I don't see them being the best team in the district. That 2014 team was special. 2015 started slow but finished strong. I just can't discount the fact that they played in the Garland district. North Mesquite may be the wild card. They return alot from a good team. They have 3 year starter at QB, the districts best running back and a receiver who would is in the top 3. The return more starters than any team in the district. Horn had to forefeit one game and lost two district games due to losing their qb to injury. We beat Highland Park with our QB and the NM game would have been a toss up. Be are best to equip to play Longview this year due to having two 290lb defensive tackles and a 230 lb middle linebacker. Longview will have the largest O-line in district by far. They simply will be able to march the ball down field and throw it enough to keep you from stacking the box. They always play stingy defense so I would say they are the favorites. JT will be able to score points with anyone but how well will the defense play. You can score 45 points in this district and still lose.

I expect to see alot of close games in this district. Hell a field goal kicker maybe the district MVP. I think it is going to boil down to key injuries. QB play is going to be huge in this district and it's gonna spell trouble if you lose yours. The tie breaking system is going to come into play in this district and I suspect the last two playoff spots are going to be determined until the last week. It's gonna be a fun district to follow.

Well let's see..

Based on homefield advantage, I'd rank em:

1) Longview's home opponents: Horn, Rockwall, JT and Mesquite

2) NM's home opponents: JT, Longview and Lee

3) JT's home opponents: Rockwall, Mesquite, Heath and Horn

4) Rockwall's home opponents: Heath, Horn and North Mesquite

5) Horn's home opponents: Mesquite, Lee, NM and Heath

Man the scheduling gods were not kind to Horn. I can't even call the NM game a home game.

Man the scheduling gods were not kind to Horn. I can't even call the NM game a home game.

Yeah I thought about that.

And what are the chances that Mesquite sneaks up and upsets NM and/or Horn?

The tie breaking system is going to come into play in this district and I suspect the last two playoff spots are going to be determined until the last week. It's gonna be a fun district to follow.

And North Mesquite @ Rockwall Week 11 will be interesting for sure.

This is exactly correct. Your defense is going to have to be able to hold up in this district. Longview will be the only team in this district that will be able to play a grind you down offense. Everyone else is going to be throwing it around and scoring lots of points. Great defensive line play is going to be crucial in this district. A key injury could knock you out of the playoffs altogether. Lose your QB and your going to be in trouble. I like Rockwall but I don't see them being the best team in the district. That 2014 team was special. 2015 started slow but finished strong. I just can't discount the fact that they played in the Garland district. North Mesquite may be the wild card. They return alot from a good team. They have 3 year starter at QB, the districts best running back and a receiver who would is in the top 3. The return more starters than any team in the district. Horn had to forefeit one game and lost two district games due to losing their qb to injury. We beat Highland Park with our QB and the NM game would have been a toss up. Be are best to equip to play Longview this year due to having two 290lb defensive tackles and a 230 lb middle linebacker. Longview will have the largest O-line in district by far. They simply will be able to march the ball down field and throw it enough to keep you from stacking the box. They always play stingy defense so I would say they are the favorites. JT will be able to score points with anyone but how well will the defense play. You can score 45 points in this district and still lose.

I expect to see alot of close games in this district. Hell a field goal kicker maybe the district MVP. I think it is going to boil down to key injuries. QB play is going to be huge in this district and it's gonna spell trouble if you lose yours. The tie breaking system is going to come into play in this district and I suspect the last two playoff spots are going to be determined until the last week. It's gonna be a fun district to follow.

First kff longview passing game isn't that good. Longview has alway beaten team with the run. When you get Longview behind the sticks. Stopping them becomes easier. If you have a good passing game and make Longview cover the long ball. That is where they are weak.

Secondly, JT doesn't need to have a great defense. They need them to get stops when needed. Sure would it be nice to have a shut down D? Yes. We know that hasnt been at JT for some time now. 2010 was the last team JT had that held teams to 17 points and under.

Thirdly, no one knows what anyone team is going to do in this district. For all we know, NM could have a meltdown and only win 3 games or heath or mesquite could make the playoffs and one or two of the top 5 teams in the could get knocked out. The point is everything we on here mean nothing.

North Mesquite was a ground and pound team last year behind a good OL, they just did it from the spread...will be interesting to see if they change it up a bit this year since most of their losses were up front.....I think they found an identity last year and would be best served sticking with that despite the youth up front

Yeah I thought about that.

And what are the chances that Mesquite sneaks up and upsets NM and/or Horn?

With city rivalries you just don't know. Mesquite has played us tough over the years and they have pulled out some upsets. It took a last second field goal to beat North in 2014. You can look at the JT vs Tyler Lee games to know kids on the underdog teams play at different level in those games. I would not rule out anything this year.

First kff longview passing game isn't that good. Longview has alway beaten team with the run. When you get Longview behind the sticks. Stopping them becomes easier. If you have a good passing game and make Longview cover the long ball. That is where they are weak.

Secondly, JT doesn't need to have a great defense. They need them to get stops when needed. Sure would it be nice to have a shut down D? Yes. We know that hasnt been at JT for some time now. 2010 was the last team JT had that held teams to 17 points and under.

Thirdly, no one knows what anyone team is going to do in this district. For all we know, NM could have a meltdown and only win 3 games or heath or mesquite could make the playoffs and one or two of the top 5 teams in the could get knocked out. The point is everything we on here mean nothing.

I know your a JT fan but it has clouded your judgement. Longview has one of the largest O-Lines in the state at any classification. They will be able to run the ball and control the clock PERIOD! I never said they have a outstanding passing game but they do have enough athletes to make you pay if you stack they box. They are not Trinity. Also I never said JT has to have a great defense. They do have to be credible and make big stops at clutch times. None of those top 5 teams are going to be held under 17pts. The point I was making is JT is going to be able to win every game in a shoot out like they have in years past. Of course no one knows how this district is going to shake out. That's what make district so interesting. Mesquite will have a 3 year starter at QB and a very good running back in Chance Fisher. 7on7 is not real football but it you really #### at it your gonna #### in tackle football. Lee really #### in 7on7. I know very little about Heath but 6a ball has not been kind to them over the years. I think most agree on the top 5, what order the finish in is the only question.

Cujo fans all bothered over preseason predictions is quite hysterical.

In all fairness, there's no better way to motivate a team than to tell them they won't do well.

I remember back in 2004-2007 or so when Dave Campbell always picked us 3rd in district and we were so eager to prove him wrong.

ummm...first week of September last year we damn sho didn't need a passing game...lol
  • Like 1

In all fairness, there's no better way to motivate a team than to tell them they won't do well.

I remember back in 2004-2007 or so when Dave Campbell always picked us 3rd in district and we were so eager to prove him wrong.

DC was also stupid as hell to pick Lee to win everything in 2005 just because they won state in 2004.

That's when I knew to never buy that magazine again.

First kff longview passing game isn't that good.

We didnt even need a passing attack to destroy your mighty Lions last season. Imagine what would've happened if we did have a great passing attack.

Besides that, What run first team do you know have a great passing attack?

Again, it won't be about offense in this district. Defense will be key.

Again, it won't be about offense in this district. Defense will be key.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

There are some great offenses in this district. But the teams that will stand out will be the ones that have a defense. Rockwall won't be able to outscore everyone like they were able to in that god awful Garland district. John Tyler won't be able to outscore everyone like they were able to in that poor 5A district last season (I don't care what people said about it, only one of those teams would've made the playoffs in 6A and even that is questionable).

There are some great offenses in this district. But the teams that will stand out will be the ones that have a defense. Rockwall won't be able to outscore everyone like they were able to in that god awful Garland district. John Tyler won't be able to outscore everyone like they were able to in that poor 5A district last season (I don't care what people said about it, only one of those teams would've made the playoffs in 6A and even that is questionable).

The district wasn't that bad as some of you say, at least not in 2014. It was definitely down last season. I do think the Pack would've made the playoffs the last two seasons in the Woodlands district though in 6A. I don't see us losing to OR and Kingwood in those two seasons

Jt could very well finish 5th in this district, but to be clear about something, JT hasn't just won shootouts in their district. Go look at the past district scores and you will see JT shut down district opponents pretty good over the past several yrs. I agree with the Lobo fans that JT defense needs to be alot better than it was last yr. Good news is that they have like 9 returning starters on def.