FNF 11-6A Preseason Predictions..

WP4L

• 4 weeks later...

My final rankings going into the season:

1) North Mesquite

Seems as though I'm the only one giving this team a shot at winning this district and I flat out don't know why. 10-3 a year ago with 13 full time starters returning and up to 18 who started or received alot of playing time last season. They also get Longview and JT at home....and might as well count any game against another MISD school (mainly Horn) as a home game as well.

2) Longview

John King is a district wizard. It's true...the guy has been HC at Longview since 2004 and has won district every single year since then, minus 2012 because of a injury riddled Longview team that still managed to go 3 rounds deep. But yeah...66-4 district record as HC is pure dominance. People are wondering why Longview is getting so much love with only 4 returning starters back and this is why. They're a proven program that brings it each and every year despite returning starters. Take 2010 for example. Moving back up with only 3 returning starters, Longview won district and cruised to the semis. Longview will be Longview.

3) Mesquite Horn

3-5 is the hardest to rank IMO. I mean 1-5 is hard but 3-5 is HARD. Horn certainly doesn't have any favors on their district schedule having to travel to Longview, JT, Rockwall and deal with crosstown rival NM. But I just cannot see Horn led by all everything QB Chris Robison missing the playoffs. Horn will arguably be the most battle tested team of anyone in the district too having to deal with Desoto (scrimmage), Skyline and CHill in predistrict. In fact, they get Skyline, CHILL and Longview in back to back to back weeks. Talk about being battle tested.

4) John Tyler

I wouldnt be surprised to see Rockwall here..but JT gets them at Rose. Also, the most dynamic QB-WR tandem in the district will reside on this squad that returns a bunch. Smith and Miller will get their yardage every single Friday night....you can bet that. In a district full of powerful offenses, I think JT will go as far as their defense takes them. Defense will be key in this district. They have players on that side of the ball but will it translate on the field? We'll see.

5) Rockwall

Having an undefeated district record the past two years and returning many, you'd think that Rockwall would easily be at least in everyone's top 4. Thing is, you have to put an asterisk beside that district record because of the weak district they were in. Still though, this team will have as good of a chance as any of the teams above them to make it into the post season. They have one of the best LB's in the state, a great RB and on some nights....will have the best WR in the district. Those home games against Horn and NM will be very important considering Rockwall has trips to Lobo and Rose (JT) waiting on them.

6) Mesquite

This team won't be bad. In fact, they'd make the playoffs in many on the districts across the state...due to the amount of 3 year players they return including QB Tennison. This district will just be too much though for these guys. One thing I will say as that the weirdest things happen whenever MISD schools play one another. Can Mesquite upset Horn or NM? Hmmm.

7) Rockwall-Heath

Heath definitely would be playoff team material had they stayed in 5A. But I think the move to 6A into arguably the toughest district in the state will be too much for them. Yes they return a bunch from 8-4 in 5A a year ago but 11-6A will be a different animal.

8) Tyler Lee

Poor Lee. There has just been no positive buzz about this program all offseason. They're cracking in a new HC, had a terrible showing during 7 on 7 season and just flat out didn't appear to make any buzz all spring. They do have some bright spots like safety Sanders, QB Amie and DL Campbell but those three will only be able to do so much. Will say that I'm one of the few that like their new unis though.

Gotta go with North Mesquite to win this very tough district! Rockwall, Mesquite, and Longview will battle it out for second place!

I'm guessing this meant to say Mesquite Horn..cause Mesquite nope.

• Like 1

The Rose City rivalry will be a hard fight.

As always I like that it's moved to the last game as in years past. It brews all season that way

As always I like that it's moved to the last game as in years past. It brews all season that way

Gotta go with North Mesquite to win this very tough district! Rockwall, Mesquite, and Longview will battle it out for second place!

well that settles it. Lobos will win district. Everytime I can remember panther picking against Lobos...they have prove him wrong

Especially if both teams are trying to make the playoffs

Mesquite has always baffled me. They have some of the best looking kids getting off of the bus, but have never seemed to be able to put it together since coach Halpin left.

You can take NM, Rockwall, Longview, JT and Horn and put them in any order this year.

Each one of them can upset the other on any given night.

I think NM has to be a favorite, with all of their returners, but they still have to go play that schedule, where they will have to earn it for sure.

The health factor will come into play in this district for sure. Its going to be a physical schedule every week, conditioning, off season weights, nutrition, hydration etc... will be a big factor. Most better have a good back up QB, and some O and D line depth, because it will be needed. We have all been a part of the injury bug in the past that wrecked our season. Hoping that all these kids make it thru their season, but this is football.

• 2 weeks later...

I will also post my weekly district rankings each week, they could possibly change each week based on team performance each week up until the last week of the preseason and then I will post my final district standings prediction before district.

So here are my pre district predictions..

1. Longview- obvious pick, longview will be Longview, I expect them to win this district but wierd things have happened.

2. John Tyler- some might say it's a homer pick but I'm betting my money on JT being in the top two, one of the best QB in the state, and one of the top WR's in the nation to add along with the big transfer RB that came in, along with the WR core that I believe will have a major breakout year, I believe this offense has the potential to be just as good as the 2012 JT offense and we all how good that offense was.. Defense brings back 8 starters I believe including UTSA commit J. Moseley they should fare pretty well, I expect them to do some damage every now and then.

3. Rockwall- I would've had them at number two but I gotta see how fare in a district that is actually competitive week in and week out, they bring back the second best WR in the district and I heard they have a really good linebacker, I believe they fine I just think they will have to adjust to a tougher district. I know they went far last year but this is a new year, different team.

4. North Mesquite- tough pick, you could flip them and horn, but I think the experience that's coming will ultimately propel them to the 4th and final spot, now imo and maybe some other people opinion I think this is the most overhyped team in the district, no disrespect but on paper the should win this district, but paper doesn't win games, and yea they had success last year but I think top 3 teams are more than capable of beating them.

5. Mesquite Horn- I know wolf is gonna hate for this one. Look I know Chris Robinson is great and all but to beat the top 4 teams your gonna need more than just a one man show to make the playoffs, I'm just mainly wondering if the health of Chris Robinson will be fine cause you saw what happen when he went down last season, not so good.. So if they have some other consistent pieces that can help if he goes down then I can move them to #4.

6. Rockwall Heath- Heath, meh they have some key pieces coming back from last years team that went to the playoffs but I think the top half of the district will be too much for them, and they weren't really all they hyped to be when we played so I don't know what really about them honestly..

7. Tyler Lee- will it be same ol story for Lee that its been for the past five five years? Or George will be able to turn Lee back too the old days? I don't think it will happen this year because the district is just too strong but we all the know the refs will cause a upset on one the teams in the district at rose stadium lol.

8. Mesquite- Um idk what to say about them other than they have a three year starter at QB and they never really fared well in districts when JT was with them, anyone care to elaborate?

I'm making a bold prediction and tall know I'm always dead on with my predictions but I'm predicting jt will got undefeated this season into the playoffs....you heard it first here from 3rd coast radio tune in Thursdays and Saturdays music , sports , and more download spreaker app really tho lol

I'm making a bold prediction and tall know I'm always dead on with my predictions but I'm predicting jt will got undefeated this season into the playoffs....you heard it first here from 3rd coast radio tune in Thursdays and Saturdays music , sports , and more download spreaker app really tho lol

No way in hell will this happen. JT will have to play steller defense for this to happen and I don't see them doing it from start to finish. I guess we will soon see.