⚾The Official Twins @ Rangers 4-Game Series (July 7-10) Thread⚾

Say what you want about pitching injuries. What worries me more is execution from the every day guys. Routine errors are inexcusable at the professional level. I'm not talking about a tough play not made, I'm talking routine easy plays. Shades of Toronto last year in Minnesota and Boston at times. First 3 innings tonight runners in scoring position 1 out or none and 0 runs. It wasn't bad luck, it was awful execution by professional hitters. Two hit batters in a row and Profar swings at the first pitch, double play. Chirinos strikes out with 2nd and 3rd 1 out. Fielder is not getting it done right now. He and Profar K with 2 on, no out. Against a scrub pitcher in Duffey. Not time to panic, they are a good team, but this is a game where you have to execute in situations or you lose and right now they aren't getting it done. Houston has just about cut that big lead in half. Time to get their head on straight, focus, intensity.

Chi Chi has set a new Rangers record for pitches without completing 5 innings. In 1988 Bobby Witt threw 122 pitches in 4 2/3 innings of work. Chi Chi upped the record to 124.

Not exactly the records ya want on your resume'

It's all about location. Missing your spot by a few inches is one of the big reasons baseball is such a game of minor details and what separates the few who make it from those who don't. As good as Hammels is, he was missing a little at times on all his pitches. Off speed pitches especially have to be located. That's what hurt Hammels tonight. Runs the pitch count up and over works the bullpen. A few other things Im wondering about. How much longer can Elvis stay at the bottom of the order? I feel like he and Odor together in the lineup is dangerous. How much longer on Profar at 1st? Cost the team outs and a run tonight, and would have been worse if not for an amazing play by Elvis.