WEEK 1: Marshall Mavericks (5A) Vs. Tyler Lee Red Raiders (6A)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Tyler Lee  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Hell we winning and our fans disappearing like roaches with the lights on...

that's because they get banned..... not because they are leaving...lmao.

There's a difference.

Tobin says hi.

Because they're a bunch of dumbas.....

Nevermind. Lol

Tell em how you really feel Wolf lol. We used to have a lot of fans on the Lp forum and 5A board too. I think it's me, PA, Book, and one more guy on the 6A board now and we only have a few that post on the Lufkin message board, nothing like it used to be. Things have obviously changed since the early and mid 2000s, but we've still been to the playoffs every year since the late 90s and are for the most part competitive in every game. It is what it is I guess, I can definitely understand the frustration with the program and everything else. I hate to see what we would look like, if we had similar success as Lee since they won that 04 title.

I didn't know he was banned lol. Free Tobin! Lol

Lmao only so many f bombs you can drop an bypass the filter before getting banned. I think his farewell message cussed at everyone from Longview fans, to coach King, to the mods and Smoak himself... And if I remember right, all o that was about a warning about bypassing the filter...

I think you could be right about Lee this year. They have talent deficiencies across the board! It's going to take George 2-3 years to turn Lee around.

yea their offense will only be able to keep them in games for so long.. Sanders alone can't help there defense and they will try to make Amie into the next hall but that's some big shoes to fill.. Amie will be good but I don't think it will be enough..

I think you could be right about Lee this year. They have talent deficiencies across the board! It's going to take George 2-3 years to turn Lee around.

Said the same thing about the last guy too.

Said the same thing about the last guy too.

Unfortunately in East Texas and especially in 6A, you can't win with just 1 great player. I have seen old 4A and down do it with 1 great player (playoffs or 5+ wins), but never really at the biggest classification against the talent we have seen in our East Texas districts.

• Like 1

Unfortunately in East Texas and especially in 6A, you can't win with just 1 great player. I have seen old 4A and down do it with 1 great player (playoffs or 5+ wins), but never really at the biggest classification against the talent we have seen in our East Texas districts.

Definitely not.

The closest thing to a one man team we've seen recently on top two levels in this state was with Lake Ridge last season with Duffey. Not that he was, they had a fantastic team.

But we saw what happened when he went down injured.

• Like 1

I was gonna say Dekaney..

BUT at least Williams had a good defense to compliment his skills.

Lake Ridge's defense was comparable to Pine Tree's.

I prolly won't ever see a team like LR again. Unexplainable...

Lr I compare to guyer heard was the team the def couldn't stop anything

What?

Guyer played great defense in 2013. 2012 Guyer was 'okay'. But even that defense wasn't comparable to the mess that was LR. LR gave up at least 40 to 4 different teams in the playoffs this past year, and 3 of those teams scored over 50!

Thanks for the great summary. Glad to see this old rivalry get going again. I know most of the old Lee posters have moved on after the last few years. There has not been much to get excited about for those of us who know the program well. Many are wondering what the future will be like for Lee and will this era be any different than the last? I will say this much. This offseason has been 500% + more difficult and intense than any the past decade or more. Coach George has put together one of the most talented high school staffs in the state. Following what they had done at Southlake, he got rid of the 7 on 7 coaches this year and let the kids coach themselves. Hard to do when you are learning a new offense, so I am not too worried about how they did in 7 on 7. All skilled players that were not in baseball were required to run track. Mandatory morning tutorials for any kid not getting it done in the classroom. It has been a complete program overhaul. Coach George will get it turned around, the question is how long will it take? I really don't know but it won't be for lack of preparation and commitment by the staff. Incoming 8th, 9th and 10th graders are really big and talented. Realistically, it probably will take a few years, but I am excited to see what effect the overhaul from top to bottom, will have.

On paper, Marshall probably has to be the favorite, but there is somewhat of an unknown with the new program at Lee. I am more interested in seeing what happens with the defense than the offense. We have had one of the worst defenses in the state the last few years, but this should be an area we see the most improvement with the new focus on intensity and toughness.

Thanks for the great summary. Glad to see this old rivalry get going again. I know most of the old Lee posters have moved on after the last few years. There has not been much to get excited about for those of us who know the program well. Many are wondering what the future will be like for Lee and will this era be any different than the last? I will say this much. This offseason has been 500% + more difficult and intense than any the past decade or more. Coach George has put together one of the most talented high school staffs in the state. Following what they had done at Southlake, he got rid of the 7 on 7 coaches this year and let the kids coach themselves. Hard to do when you are learning a new offense, so I am not too worried about how they did in 7 on 7. All skilled players that were not in baseball were required to run track. Mandatory morning tutorials for any kid not getting it done in the classroom. It has been a complete program overhaul. Coach George will get it turned around, the question is how long will it take? I really don't know but it won't be for lack of preparation and commitment by the staff. Incoming 8th, 9th and 10th graders are really big and talented. Realistically, it probably will take a few years, but I am excited to see what effect the overhaul from top to bottom, will have.

On paper, Marshall probably has to be the favorite, but there is somewhat of an unknown with the new program at Lee. I am more interested in seeing what happens with the defense than the offense. We have had one of the worst defenses in the state the last few years, but this should be an area we see the most improvement with the new focus on intensity and toughness.

How do you get rid of the 7 on 7 coaches when Bergfeld was the 7 on 7 coach. You know the president of the school board. He is the main reason Coach Clayton is in Tyler. Don't give me the ad made hire. He might have made it on paper but we all know Bergfeld is running the show. Lee should improve, maybe not wins this year but in the intensity, structure, and discipline. That will be the most improvement.

How do you get rid of the 7 on 7 coaches when Bergfeld was the 7 on 7 coach. You know the president of the school board. He is the main reason Coach Clayton is in Tyler. Don't give me the ad made hire. He might have made it on paper but we all know Bergfeld is running the show. Lee should improve, maybe not wins this year but in the intensity, structure, and discipline. That will be the most improvement.

I don't know- that's just what I heard and they were not coaching this summer.