WEEK 1: Marshall Mavericks (5A) Vs. Tyler Lee Red Raiders (6A)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Tyler Lee  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Carthage's is 50' X 58'

It was the largest in the state until last year I think.

I've been to Rose several times..... I saw Nac and Carthage play at Bulldog Stadium.... and it's unreal how massive that thing is. Nothing in East Texas even comes close to it.

BTW.......

The Freshman games will be played at Maverick Stadium as scheduled.

JV game was moved to Tyler Lee.

Maverick Stadium has had the power cut off for the scoreboard installation. Therefore no lights.....

Carthage's is 50' X 58'

It was the largest in the state until last year I think.

I've been to Rose several times..... I saw Nac and Carthage play at Bulldog Stadium.... and it's unreal how massive that thing is. Nothing in East Texas even comes close to it.

The one in cars if it's only a couple of feet larger than the one in Tyler and I think it's about three or four feet that's about it

It sure as heck didn't work for over an hour when we were there last season against JT.

It sure as heck didn't work for over an hour when we were there last season against JT.

So it had some technical difficulties for about an hour. It did work once everything was squared away right. Like I said don't tell lies.

The one in cars if it's only a couple of feet larger than the one in Tyler and I think it's about three or four feet that's about it

I never said the one in Tyler was bad. I just said the one in Carthage is bigger. It has a better picture on it IMHO.

I dunno why you Tyler folks are getting bent out of shape about it.

Carthage had the pleasure of saying they had the biggest board in Texas HS football....... even if it was for just a year. Tyler can't say that.

That's not me being a jerk about it....it's just a mathematical fact.

I never said the one in Tyler was bad. I just said the one in Carthage is bigger. It has a better picture on it IMHO.

I dunno why you Tyler folks are getting bent out of shape about it.

Carthage had the pleasure of saying they had the biggest board in Texas HS football....... even if it was for just a year. Tyler can't say that.

That's not me being a jerk about it....it's just a mathematical fact.

Tyler said it 3 years before Carthage got there's.

That bootleg thing didn't work when we played JT there last year.

You'd know that if you actually attended games...

I was there and it worked just fine. It might have had some technical difficulties but it worked.

I was there and it worked just fine luggage boy.

No it didn't.

The bootleg thing was jacked for like a hour and a half....then when the screen finally came on, stuff was still f'd up. Had some type of computer screen on there with someone manually keeping score.

I was there. No one is lying.

I remember a lot of buzz in 2009 when TISD approved it. But I don't recall it being the biggest in Texas at any time.

I enjoy the screen in Tyler. Been there several times since it was installed. But the one in Carthage is clearly the gold standard..... because no one else in the region can say they had the biggest one in the state.

In fact....I googled it... and found these were the largest in texas

2015: New Caney

2014: Carthage

2013: Carthage

2012 Carthage

2011: Weslaco

2010: ?

2009: ?

2008: Duncanville

Rose stadium was the first of it's kind for high school football in Texas. Everyone who had a video board before the Rose looked like Waco, Corsicana, Whitehouse, and etc. At the time it was built it was the largest video board. That's why they are getting bigger and bigger because everyone wants to out do each other. I'm sure when Katy and McKinney builds there new stadiums they both will be larger than New Caney.

Rose stadium was the first of it's kind for high school football in Texas. Everyone who had a video board before the Rose looked like Waco, Corsicana, Whitehouse, and etc. At the time it was built it was the largest video board. That's why they are getting bigger and bigger because everyone wants to out do each other. I'm sure when Katy and McKinney builds there new stadiums they both will be larger than New Caney.

I always remember there being VERY nice turf at Rose.

I think it was that game between JT and Lee in the rain that led them to install the turf.