WEEK 1: Marshall Mavericks (5A) Vs. Tyler Lee Red Raiders (6A)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Tyler Lee  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

2500 students...Lee should be the lead dog in ET

My thoughts exactly. Lee has never really established anything since Coach Owens left. There has been a 10 year lull in the program.

Coach George is working with the middle schools kids....., there was recently a kids camp at Lee for kids.. That says it all.

He is working on the bottom up. He is changing their everything.... from the off season conditioning, weight training, closing all practices to parents.... and all others to get the kids full attention to what their doing.

I know there are alot of doubters out there, and very well should be.. because I have been one of them, even though I went to Lee and Played at Lee, Its been hard to hold on to something.

But I get a real good feeling of confidence in who the man is and what he is doing, as well as the coaches he has brought in.

Their the real deal. Now it will take time to build these kids into a unit, not a one man wonder team like we have had in years past.

Lee has to find some O and D line kids ....., thats their missing link. If they dont exist, then they have to depend on the weight room and each other to get there.

This is kind of like the rebuilding of the Longhorns.. Dont give up on Charlie Strong just yet, hes getting them there, slower than alumni want, but it just takes kids to do it. Lee will be in the mix again sooner than later.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a rough scrimmage Vs Carthage.

Haven't heard anything about Lee.

Sounds like we need to keep it on the ground until our QB gets his legs under him.

Defense will be key for us to win.

Three INTs in such a short amount of plays is disturbing.

That's why I think we get a big dose of Haller and Company Friday.

But the Oline struggling surprised me. Work to be done.

Lmao only so many f bombs you can drop an bypass the filter before getting banned. I think his farewell message cussed at everyone from Longview fans, to coach King, to the mods and Smoak himself... And if I remember right, all o that was about a warning about bypassing the filter...

meh, maybe he jus don't like filters... Hahahaaha

2500 students...Lee should be the lead dog in ET

Yeah but only around 6-700 represent the majority of the football program. Longview also has around the same pool size as Lee. JT has a much smaller pool to pull from than Marshall.

How does JT have a smaller pool to draw from than Marshall?

JT has 1,000 more students than MHS. Can't tell me all those are females.

JT don't have 1000 more students than Marshall. 800 at the most. What was Marshall student count for this realignment? I know JT turned in 2270.

JT don't have 1000 more students than Marshall. 800 at the most. What was Marshall student count for this realignment? I know JT turned in 2270.

I know JT has more kids enrolled than Marshall, but, are you seriously wanting to deny the evident MAJORITY of both football programs are the evident MAJORITY of all the other football programs across this state alone?

Manvel & Arlington Lamar fit that mold too..but I'll be honest I'm not finding a lot more that do. Mavchamp, am interested in who else you've found that does.

And let's be honest, Permian hasn't been a big threat to anyone outside west Texas in quite a while. Hasn't gone past the 3rd round in over a decade.

JT has had numbers issues for the past decade, for a lot of reasons. They are always against the 8 ball with team numbers according to their classification.. But they have enough of the right kids to play with anyone.

They will have to play a lot of kids both ways to put the best 11 on the field, which is what a lot of teams tend to do now, but its tough in 6A late in the season.

I have followed this program for 40 years and can say they get more out of their situation that anyone in the State.

That's what makes them so good year in and out, is they are a bunch that will fight you until the end.

Tons of respect for their coaches and their kids. They deserve everything they get.

Is that you're way of saying hispanic students don't play football?

Converse Judson says hello.

Odessa Permian says hello.

The list could go on and on......

Keep the list going and when you come up with 51% of the 2000 plus high schools just in Texas alone as having MAJORITY Hispanic teams, I will retract my stance and declare Hispanics as the MAJORITY representative of HS Football in Texas.

JT has had numbers issues for the past decade, for a lot of reasons. They are always against the 8 ball with team numbers according to their classification.. But they have enough of the right kids to play with anyone.

They will have to play a lot of kids both ways to put the best 11 on the field, which is what a lot of teams tend to do now, but its tough in 6A late in the season.

I have followed this program for 40 years and can say they get more out of their situation that anyone in the State.

That's what makes them so good year in and out, is they are a bunch that will fight you until the end.

Tons of respect for their coaches and their kids. They deserve everything they get.

Very true statement! You are right on all accounts sir!

Manvel & Arlington Lamar fit that mold too..but I'll be honest I'm not finding a lot more that do. Mavchamp, am interested in who else you've found that does.

And let's be honest, Permian hasn't been a big threat to anyone outside west Texas in quite a while. Hasn't gone past the 3rd round in over a decade.

Manvel?

Back to the game, i dont think it will be a blowout either way. In my opinion the key to the game is how well Lee can slow down Marshall's running game. If they can get a couple of stops early and put up some points to make the Mavs have to play from behind they have a good chance to come away with a win. If Marshall can pound away with Cam and crew i think the Mav defense can come up with enough stops to pull it out.

Yeah but only around 6-700 represent the majority of the football program. Longview also has around the same pool size as Lee. JT has a much smaller pool to pull from than Marshall.

But JT has the best athletes...