LoboFan07

Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blowout

I'm thin as you know but he is a new kinda thin. I just can't get that outta my head. Saw him in the mall and I was just blown away. He might be good but I just wait and see

He definitely is crazy thin but meh. Quick on his feet and tall as heck. I've liked what I've seen so far, especially from the leadership stand point.

I'm excited to see what they put together, but like I've already said..I have no real expectations going into this season. Should be a pretty fun year.

• Like 1

He definitely is crazy thin but meh. Quick on his feet and tall as heck. I've liked what I've seen so far, especially from the leadership stand point.

I'm excited to see what they put together, but like I've already said..I have no real expectations going into this season. Should be a pretty fun year.

I'm just tryi g to reserving judgment until after LP game against a decent secondary. PT ain't gonna tell us squat!

Guest Delete1

Yep, several good schools with more kids and talent to choose from than us, but I'm not going to complain about it. It's nothing new for us. I would say at least Katy and Lake Travis more than likely will be D1, but then again you have Cedar Hill, JT, Desoto, Westfield, George Ranch, Longview, Klein Collins and a few other good schools going D2 that will be in our way fighting for a title too.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/07/20/local-fans-will-pleased-dctfs-state-title-predictions

6A D2R2 has a interesting region title game prediction.

If Westfield goes D1, I think anything can happen. I know we're bring back a lot of kids on both sides and it's a new year, but the Pack will have to prove it to me. I think Lv will be there, if they don't have to play Westfield and possibly Klein Collins. We would have to beat JT, Horn or Longview in the first round though. It also depends on if that game is at Abe. I hope the prediction comes true..

I don't think Lufkin gets there personally, but mostly just because it's become a Lufkin has to prove they can fight off their playoff demons before I'm even willing to think they can get that far anymore.

They've lost to too many teams that they shouldn't of for me to think otherwise. But it'd be an awesome game if that was in the Quarterfinals again (especially if we won and got the chance to take on Cedar Hill).

Long season ahead with a lot of great teams out there. I'm excited, especially with how open our region seems to be. I haven't even looked at how likely it is for Westfield and company to go Division I yet.

Crazy how every outlet out there has us going to the semis.

I personally gave us regionals and only one outlet agreed with that (FNF). The rest pretty much have us going to the semis. I did say that semis is reachable though.

Either way, just enjoying the season. Would be fun to make a playoff run though.

Let's make it happen Lobos! 31-21 The good guys. The Lobos will dominate in the trenches and win with a strong running game led by Webster & Polk.

Kendravian White and Polk. Webster will be killing it in the secondary like last season.
  • Like 1

I don't think Lufkin gets there personally, but mostly just because it's become a Lufkin has to prove they can fight off their playoff demons before I'm even willing to think they can get that far anymore.

They've lost to too many teams that they shouldn't of for me to think otherwise. But it'd be an awesome game if that was in the Quarterfinals again (especially if we won and got the chance to take on Cedar Hill).

Long season ahead with a lot of great teams out there. I'm excited, especially with how open our region seems to be. I haven't even looked at how likely it is for Westfield and company to go Division I yet.

Lufkin should get the top D2 seed in that district. Least they'll have Abe.

Wiley up to 6'4 181ish now.

I saw him take some good licks this past season and honestly he'll probably take some licks this year. But he's tough.

Wiley has so many good traits. He'll be a great game manager.

• Like 2