LoboFan07

Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blowout

Wulfie I know you know your stuff but if that kid is 181 I will change my screen name to Caitlyn Jenner! Unless he done went through 10 tubs of whey protein in one week I don't see him close to that weight.

I must say I'm thoroughly disappointed in the direction that Longview/Lufkin threads go now.

Back in my day, there was AGGRESSION, there was TRASH TALK, and there was HATE. Everyone would list all the atrocities they faced at the hands of the other team's fans, we'd always be reminded that sprinklers were turned on LP fans and that some crazy racist Longview fan punched a baby. Now, everyone is friendly, grabbing drinks and dinner before the game, sandbagging how poor our teams are....

Haha, I kid. I hope it's a great game- might travel up from College Station for this one.

Back in your day JF, they didn't have a lady by the screen name of lobo84 on the forums. She changed the game with all those dinner dates, meetings at stadiums, threats lol and love connections. Just think about it. Mav probably used to hate Longview, now he goes to the lobo games, he pulls for them and wears green. A maverick wearing GREEN. That's historic. I didn't used to like Lv either, now I pull for them when we're not playing them. All I know, I was invited to go to jucys one day and after I had a burger there, I haven't been right since. Don't know if it's voodoo or something else, but 007 has changed. When is the last time I've said something bad about the Lobo unis? Or called y'all mutts? Don't even get me started on that other Panther. I don't even see him on the boards anymore. Smh. I honestly think she could've solved that east vs west coast beef. Just saying..

• Like 1

Lufkin is a bit depleted on the defensive side, going to be playing some younger, less experienced and smaller kids on the defensive line than they have in the recent past. I think Longview exploits this with the power running game and the Panthers offense just won't be able to score enough points in limited possessions to pull this one out.

Back in your day JF, they didn't have a lady by the screen name of lobo84 on the forums. She changed the game with all those dinner dates, meetings at stadiums, threats lol and love connections. Just think about it. Mav probably used to hate Longview, now he goes to the lobo games, he pulls for them and wears green. A maverick wearing GREEN. That's historic. I didn't used to like Lv either, now I pull for them when we're not playing them. All I know, I was invited to go to jucys one day and after I had a burger there, I haven't been right since. Don't know if it's voodoo or something else, but 007 has changed. When is the last time I've said something bad about the Lobo unis? Or called y'all mutts? Don't even get me started on that other Panther. I don't even see him on the boards anymore. Smh. I honestly think she could've solved that east vs west coast beef. Just saying..

Nah, Mav has always liked Longview and followed us through the playoffs. He's been to more playoff games than I have over the last 10 or so years, probably.

Juicy's is pretty darn good.

Next time you're in Longview, I recommend Dudley's Cajun. So good.

Now, everyone is friendly, grabbing drinks and dinner before the game, sandbagging how poor our teams are....

When you face each other nearly 15 times in a 10 year stretch, what else left is there to say? lol

I do think 84 has changed the culture around here with Lufkin/Longview, but it's not like the dislike for Lufkin has fallen off. You can see that just by going to a Lufkin/Longview 7 on 7 game with her lol.

Mav was going to Lobo games in the early 2000s cheering for us and that was well before he met 84. I definitely don't cheer for y'all when we're not facing you, but I do usually think about what you're going to end up posting so I just cheer for the funniest reactions to it at this point lol.

Lufkin has fallen off the map a little and isn't the thorn in our side as they use to be (which caused us all to go nuts over here).

Lufkin has fallen off the map a little and isn't the thorn in our side as they use to be (which caused us all to go nuts over here).

I think this is the biggest reason for the change on the forums. We aren't having as much success anymore and we have less members. It's hard to talk smack to your rival on the message boards, when they have won like 6 of the last 7 against you and are having a lot more success in the playoffs. Some of those games weren't even close. In the early and mid 2000s, I didn't have as much respect for the Lobos as I do now. So, maybe that change for some others too. I don't know, I just know the hate isn't as strong as it used to be for some on the forums. PA was even pulling for y'all against LR on the forums. Lol. I do know the rivalry is still there though, we all saw that in that 2014 playoff thread and of course I see it in the stands and on the field when we play. That hate is still there and it's never going away. It's just not as bad on the forums, unless we get the old days back and start winning again. If that ever happens, Y'all will hate me like BNB and those arrogant Lake Travis fans, because I hardly shut up now. Lord only knows what I'm going to be like if we win 12+games again. It's been a while for me. Smhh

Nah, Mav has always liked Longview and followed us through the playoffs. He's been to more playoff games than I have over the last 10 or so years, probably.

Juicy's is pretty darn good.

Next time you're in Longview, I recommend Dudley's Cajun. So good.

I was kidding about Mav and 84 lol. I didn't know that about him though. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try it, if we go to lobo next season or sadly this season.

The more I think about this game, the more I think we should win with who we have returning and of course it being at Abe. The d-line against that huge lobo offensive line is what I'm worried about though. I have a little more faith in this defensive coordinator to at least make it difficult on the Lobos. We'll see, but as of right now(which can definitely change in August), I'm expecting a close Pack victory.

I voted lufkin in a close one, but the more I think about it the more I want Longview to win. They are already seeking revenge from last year, would hate to have them fresh off a loss on top of that.

how are we seeking revenge for a 25-1 record against a team?

how are we seeking revenge for a 25-1 record against a team?

u mean 13-1? i didnt say they are seeking revenge for the last 15 years. I said FOR LAST YEAR. Meaning they wont be coming in over confident as usual. Longview cant start a season losing 2 straight to both rivals. So I hope they beat LP.

Been going to Lobo games since the 80s and 90s with my dad.

If we had an open date and Longview was at home....was there.

If Longview and Marshall played the same playoff venue.... Or even close to each other.....was there.

If we weren't in the playoffs.....was there.

Same with Lufkin. Saw them at SFA vs lake highlands. Saw them down at Sam Houston state once against God knows who. Saw them at Texas stadium. Was in the monsoon at Rose Stadium vs ET. Seen them a couple of times in Tyler Vs Longview: Including 2015 and in the early 2000s. Of course that epic SFA game.

Saw Nac play Texas high in the playoffs at the Rose. Texas High Vs Highland Park in Shreveport (lmao).

Seen Henderson at Hanby......Kilgore Multiple times. Kilgore and Henderson play for a state title. EF.

Triple headers at Tx stadium with no east Texas teams at all.

Gladewater and Gilmer (Wowzers). Can't even keep up wit it all.

I just love this game. And I Dont mind seeing oir rivals do well as long as it's not Vs us. Well..... Except one team.

Wish I could make this game.

But im planning on watching us whip Ty Lee. IJS.

u mean 13-1? i didnt say they are seeking revenge for the last 15 years. I said FOR LAST YEAR. Meaning they wont be coming in over confident as usual. Longview cant start a season losing 2 straight to both rivals. So I hope they beat LP.

over confident as usual...

You mean like waiting until the 3rd or 4th game of the year to break out new equipment? Or Lobos resurrecting and honoring our 1937 team? Or better yet sending some yahoo to Marshall to buy 600 tickets...lol. That "over confidence" flowing like a river lol

I was kidding about Mav and 84 lol. I didn't know that about him though. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try it, if we go to lobo next season or sadly this season.

For us who have been around for a while, MavChamp is the forefather of the East Texas Message board sites. Before there was Smoaky.com, there was ETSupersite ran by MavChamp. Im not sure when Mav created the site, but I think it was in the late 90s. Mav is the man, and he has always been fair to all of the former East Texas 5a schools so it doesn't shock me that he goes to Lobo games.