Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blowout

Guest Delete1

I think they were 7-3 last season(I know we lost to Lv, JT and I think Lv again), but we had several juniors and sophomores on varsity. 4-10 I think

Ah yeah, hard to be super excited knowing all that info. But hey who knows, maybe they surprise people and start winning. That will get people in the stands. I think the move up to 6A is just tough. I know if Aledo moved to 6A I would not feel good about our chances. So many good teams up there!

Ah yeah, hard to be super excited knowing all that info. But hey who knows, maybe they surprise people and start winning. That will get people in the stands. I think the move up to 6A is just tough. I know if Aledo moved to 6A I would not feel good about our chances. So many good teams up there!

Yep, several good schools with more kids and talent to choose from than us, but I'm not going to complain about it. It's nothing new for us. I would say at least Katy and Lake Travis more than likely will be D1, but then again you have Cedar Hill, JT, Desoto, Westfield, George Ranch, Longview, Klein Collins and a few other good schools going D2 that will be in our way fighting for a title too.

Guest Delete1

Yep, several good schools with more kids and talent to choose from than us, but I'm not going to complain about it. It's nothing new for us. I would say at least Katy and Lake Travis more than likely will be D1, but then again you have Cedar Hill, JT, Desoto, Westfield, George Ranch, Longview, Klein Collins and a few other good schools going D2 that will be in our way fighting for a title too.

If yall would have stayed in 5A how do you think yall would have done?

If yall would have stayed in 5A how do you think yall would have done?

With Lv, GR and JT gone? not sure. It obviously depends on who we would've played in the playoffs. I think Manvel is R3, so probably would've lost to them or possibly Temple.

With Lv, GR and JT gone? not sure. It obviously depends on who we would've played in the playoffs. I think Manvel is R3, so probably would've lost to them or possibly Temple.

Ryan should win state in 5A this year.

13 starters back from 13-2 a year ago in 6A? Yeah...they gonna be tough. They would've been good in 6A this year.

Guest Delete1

Ryan should win state in 5A this year.

13 starters back from 13-2 a year ago in 6A? Yeah...they gonna be tough. They would've been good in 6A this year.

I agree. Denton Ryan is going to wreck shop. Good thing they are a D1 lock and Aledo is a D2 lock!!

I was looking back at the thread from last year, fun times lol. I'm sure 84 wanted to kill all of us after that one.

Just look back to 2014 if you want to see some real fun lol.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be our friendliest game thread ever tbh. At least until game week.

• Like 1

it's still mind-boggling how Longview hasn't managed one...not 3 or 4 but one championship title since 2000. If you look at the teams we've beaten non district and playoffs...I just don't know

• Like 1

it's still mind-boggling how Longview hasn't managed one...not 3 or 4 but one championship title since 2000. If you look at the teams we've beaten non district and playoffs...I just don't know

Requires some luck too to win a Title, and we've rarely had it (minus maybe 08 vs Midway or 09 vs Newman Smith).

We'll get one eventually, just a matter of time.

TIME MANAGEMENT CLASSES PLEASE!

I have to see the Qb play before I can say anything bout how this year will go.

That's why I haven't said much in this thread. I want to see us in the scrimmage first. I've learned my lesson. It may have taken about 10 years lol, but I've learned. With the guys we have returning on offense though, I want to see the Pack dominate Huntsville on that side. The special teams should be solid too with Savon returning punts and kickoffs, and Molina returning as our kicker. I'm expecting the defense (mostly the d-line) to struggle early without Boom in there, especially against a huge lobo o-line. Y'all may be the same without Kybrin(sp) and a few others though. I guess we'll see in August.

I think he'll be pretty good. First game though is always going to come with some mistakes.

I'm thin as you know but he is a new kinda thin. I just can't get that outta my head. Saw him in the mall and I was just blown away. He might be good but I just wait and see