Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blowout

Personally have LP by 7 at the moment.

Could change though, plan on seeing a few 2 a day practices + the PT scrimmage, although that scrimmage probably won't tell us a thing.

Game could go either way honestly.

I can't believe the Lobos are scrimmaging PT.

I don't see it benefitting either team TBH.

Who is Longview rolling out at RB this year ? Surely they don't have a Miller or Hasty or they other decade list of decorated backs as usual

It seems they reload every year at Rb, just like us at reciever. I'm sure they'll bring back someone just as good. Plus they'll be running behind a huge o-line. I don't think that position will be a problem for them

Personally have LP by 7 at the moment.

Could change though, plan on seeing a few 2 a day practices + the PT scrimmage, although that scrimmage probably won't tell us a thing.

Game could go either way honestly.

Wow, you're predicting us to win??!!

A little shocked only about 25% picked LP. Especially with it being at Abe. I figured it would be closer to 50/50.

Has the Abe lost its Mystique?

Was always my least favorite place to go back in the day. Total house of horrors..... on the field AND in the stands.

Abe scares me little now a days. I think it helps Lp, just like any home field (and that 14 point ref swing is definitely still in play), but it's more cause Lufkin isn't what they were a decade ago.

I much rather play at Abe than at Mesquite Memorial given the chance (or Ford Stadium or Midlothian).

• Like 1

Lord knows I'd like to see a repeat of 2012 but that'd be asking for much. Have to give the edge to LP.

I still think about 2012 often. No idea how we just went into Abe with a sophomore QB and totally dominate. Everything just went right for us that night.

Abe scares me little now a days. I think it helps Lp, just like any home field (and that 14 point ref swing is definitely still in play), but it's more cause Lufkin isn't what they were a decade ago.

I much rather play at Abe than at Mesquite Memorial given the chance (or Ford Stadium or Midlothian).

Those refs did absolutely nothing for us in 2012 lol. So, it's not still in play. Now at Lobo......

Lord knows I'd like to see a repeat of 2012 but that'd be asking for much. Have to give the edge to LP.

I still think about 2012 often. No idea how we just went into Abe with a sophomore QB and totally dominate. Everything just went right for us that night.

Just as everything right for them down there in 2014 (plus our plain just giving up in the 2nd half didn't help one bit).

I will never expect another 2012 game to happen (though I'm sure it will for both sides in the future).

The difference in recent games has been our ability to knock em out when it's a close game. We haven't had a close game at Abe since that 2010 game, which I still feel like we should've won.

One thing I know for sure on August 26th, it is going to be HOT. Early football season in East Texas is an uncomfortable time. Band boosters selling lots of cold drinks and snow cones. The outcome of the game between Lufkin and Longview does not usually mean as much early as they do later, as Lufkin has found out. This year will be a testing ground for both teams to see what they have going forward and what they will need to work on down the road. The Lobos always seem to figure it out by playoff time and Lufkin can't get over the 1st round hump anymore. Almost polar opposites now days. Great rivalry still, but on somewhat different paths now. New proving ground to start the year. All the insults and dislikes of the past, alumni referees, spriklers turned on or Lufkin's hometown refs. Got one better, getting buzzed in the stands by a drone with flashing lights in Lindale was pretty tight. Got close enough I could have hit it with my water bottle. Just 24 days to go.

• Like 1