Mount Pleasant vs North Forney

budmanmpfan

Alright football season is almost back. This year the Tigers begin theor season by traveling to Forney to face the North Forney Falcons. Hopefully the Tigers will start the season off on a high note and get the w. The Falcons are still a fairly new school. Both teams had the same record last year at 2-8. Mp still has Holloman and that big O-line. Will the Tigers get the first victory of their 2016 campaign or does it go to the Falcons of North Forney?

I'm hearing some good things about the possibility of the passing game this year, that being said the big oline and running game will be the strength of this team IMO. The threat of a pass should be a big help though as it should open up some big lanes for Holloman and company. The QB position will lack experience but seems to have a good up side for the future! Defense must improve if they want to play past week 10! That said I'm leaning towards an MP win to start the season. GO TIGERS!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say MP takes this one as much as we need them to lose. I don't think North Forney will be able to stop the run. I thought MP would be about the same as they were last season, but from what I have read about the PG scrimmage, the tigers may be pretty competitive. The run game is solid behind the big o-line and they added a shifty QB. It could be a big year for MP, but of course those of us in Hopkins county are hoping that it isn't. All things considered, I'll take MP in a blowout.

• Like 1

MP passing game has not come together as of yet. The sophomore QB has wheels though and seems to use them well. Still a little work to do on the running game but I think it will gel nicely. Defense seems to give up the long pass play a little to much but that to should improve. I hope we start off with a win but have a hard time seeing a blowout as of yet! Glad to see our loving brothers from Hopkins CO pulling for us lol.

I think the tigers dominate North Forney. The tigers start their third year under Homer with a season opening win. The NF defense won't be able to track down the QB or the RB and when they finally do, it will be too late. I think the defense of the tigers is solid upfront and NF will struggle to move the ball on the ground. Expecting big things.

Got some confirmation today that the Tigers are gonna start this one off right with a big win. Hearing this week that the NF defense is slow and could not slow down Garland in their scrimmage. A soft defense combined with an offense without any "highlight reel" athletes means a big win for Mt. Pleasant. Feeling good about my wildcats too after a decent performance against LE. Hoping for a big year and a win to open their season.

It's official- Wilcat First Down!