Mavchamp

It seems someone is deleting my post, but I will keep trying.

2nd Stringer, I agree with most of what you said, especially about the HC and OC. Nobody has to watch film on Hallsville except to get the numbers at positions.

I watched several practices and the scrimmage and was hoping they might try something a little different?!?!

This could be a long season.

to be fair, most coaches aren't opening up their playbook for a scrimmage. They are just evaluating players and seeing some of what they can do. Most are just running their base offense. Same with defense.

It seems someone is deleting my post, but I will keep trying.

2nd Stringer, I agree with most of what you said, especially about the HC and OC. Nobody has to watch film on Hallsville except to get the numbers at positions.

I watched several practices and the scrimmage and was hoping they might try something a little different?!?!

Just watched some film, looked a lot better than I saw from the stands.

We do not EVER delete posts. LET ME REPEAT. WE DO NOT EVER DELETE POSTS ON SDC FORUMS. Your posts MAY be hidden, but that would be bc of some obscene comment(s). We keep them all so we have proof of idiotic behavior so when you mail David he can rip you a new one and ban your IP for lying!

However, you have none hidden... You most likely had some sort of network lag when you hit "Post." I have also seen a lot lately that I have to hit Post twice sometimes for it to go through.

Is it possible Hallsville drops to 4 and is beat by the Greenville, Mount Pleasant, Pine Tree and Sulphur Springs conglomerate?

There is no doubt to me that SS and MP will beat Hallsville this season. I think SS will be a solid team this year and will present some problems for a team like Hallsville. MP played Hallsville very well last season and with a few different offensive play calls has a chance win in the 4th at Hallsville. From what I read about the Bobcats they will not be able to hold off the Tigers this year. MP has too much speed in the backfield at QB and RB. I think the tigers defensive lineman suffocate the Hallsville offense in this one. Scrimmages this week will reveal more for this district.

• Like 1

Where are the wildcat fans? I feel like this is going to be a great season for my cats. Last season had to be one of the worst ever, but Coach Owens will have the team on point when district rolls around. I see a Greenville team with another coaching change and a struggling offensive attack. Pine Tree looks to be in turmoil with coaching changes there. The program was certainly on the rise, but the changes will have to set the Pirates back. I feel like the Cats bounce back strong and take fourth in the district. I am not expecting state semis, but I think we will be ready. When we play someone of equal ability, our coaches usually pick up the win with x's and o's. "It's Official!" SS Wildcats just sneak into the post season. Wins against MP, Greenville, Pine Tree.

last time Sulphur Springs had a losing, non-playoff season (2-8 in 2006), they came back the next year and went 9-2. I doubt SS will win 9 games this year, but I don't think it will be terrible.

last time Sulphur Springs had a losing, non-playoff season (2-8 in 2006), they came back the next year and went 9-2. I doubt SS will win 9 games this year, but I don't think it will be terrible.

They're alive!!!!!!

DMN has PT at #4.

I would have TOTALLY believed the Pirates were a playoff contender had Collins stuck around.

But this was a fragile program.... and he up and left. IN JUNE no less. Now I'm hearing they are struggling to pull sub-varsity teams together due to low participation.

No bueno. Their biggest question this season was SUPPOSE to be who would be the QB..... now..... they got more question marks than a Hillary Clinton congressional hearing.

Hard to think they are going to rise above the others with yet another offseason of turmoil. And yet another new coach.

---------

I have a hard time wading through Greenville, SS, and MP. All three were just so non-competitive last year Vs. Longview, Texas High, and Marshall..... we never saw them play well except against one another.

BUT.....

SS has history and pedigree (coaching) to make you think they could turn around quickly.

MP has experience coming back. They have numbers. They lack recent history of success.... and their staff is still new.

Greenville has neither. But for some reason I just want to see them do well.

IMHO..... Bobcat fans are stealing a call from the Lobo Playbook this summer..... "we ain't got nothing". Sandbagging-101. Yet annually they compete well.... even against the top of the district. I'm not buying it.

1. Texas High- They get my pick until we actually beat them again.

2. Marshall- Gotta beat TxH to move up. MUST take care against our "new rival" Hallsville

3. Hallsville- If 1 or 2 sleep on them.... they could move up.

ANYONE'S GUESS HERE ON OUT. Truly have no idea. Do you take PT because they have been headed in the right direction for so long and this summer was just a bump in the road? Do you take the pedigree of SS? But they were realllly bad in 2015. DO you take MP's numbers? But they were reallllly bad. Greenville... they've struggled for sooooo long.

5. SS- Reminiscent of wildcat teams of old....... offense will look more NASCAR-ish. Defense will betray them.....often.

6. MP- Their inability to stop the SS passing game will be what keeps them out of the playoffs.

7. Pine Tree- I still want to put them in the #4 slot. Just can't. New QB. New coach. Offense will struggle IMHO.

8. Greenville- I soooo want to see the Lions do well.... but.... they gotta show something in district.

So which 6a/5a teams make the top 7 of the etsn list? Gotta think Longview, JT and Lufkin for sure in 6a. Marshall and Texas High from 16-5a. Does Tyler Lee make it? How about Nacogdoches? My guess #7 Lee, #6 Nac, #5 Texas High, #4 Marshall, #3 Lufkin, #2 JT, #1 Longview.

After reading their previews for top 25 games in the pines, I think they will have us and JT ahead of Longview. I definitely don't agree with us being ranked higher than them. I know preseason rankings don't matter, but we still need to prove it next Friday and then in the playoffs, if we play again.

After reading their previews for top 25 games in the pines, I think they will have us and JT ahead of Longview. I definitely don't agree with us being ranked higher than them. I know preseason rankings don't matter, but we still need to prove it next Friday and then in the playoffs, if we play again.

Yep. ETSN is really down on us, but then again, they were last year too. JT will be #1 I'm betting, with Lufkin #2.

• Like 1

I would have to go with Mavchamps most recent predictions at this point. I had MP going in the #4 slot over SS, but without Holloman, it will be tough. Hoping someone call fill his shoes, but they are big shoes to fill. Someone asked on another thread what happened to him and I will simply say it is not necessary to go into details at this time, but it does not look good for him at this time.

So which 6a/5a teams make the top 7 of the etsn list? Gotta think Longview, JT and Lufkin for sure in 6a. Marshall and Texas High from 16-5a. Does Tyler Lee make it? How about Nacogdoches? My guess #7 Lee, #6 Nac, #5 Texas High, #4 Marshall, #3 Lufkin, #2 JT, #1 Longview.

Nac was ranked 7th, so looks like Lee will be in the top 6.