Mavchamp

Weigh in on these games from Week 1-District-16-5A. Who wins and what does it mean for the 2016 season?

Sulphur Springs vs Sherman

Mt. Pleasant vs North Forney
Texas High vs Bishop Lynch
Hallsville vs Whitehouse
Marshall vs Tyler Lee
Greenville vs North Garland
Pine Tree vs Jacksonville
​It's Official! Wildcat first down!!!
Willis

This is gonna be a great week to watch. Here are my predictions and my humble opinion on what this week means for everyone.

I will take Sherman over Sulphur. This is a big game for both teams. The Wilcats are trying to rebound after a horrible season last year. I think it will be a great game but Sherman will have more size and depth. If the Wildcats do pull this one out, watch for them to strongly content for the 4th playoff spot in this district.

MP over North Forney

This is a must win for the Tigers and if they get one away from home early on it will really boost their confidence. North Forney will not be a push over as many think and If MP can get the win watch for them to string a series of wins together in the next few weeks.

Texas High over Bishop

Texas High is young on defense but it won't matter as they swarm most offenses they face and suffocate the run. They will be better than average as usual. Not sure the win means much to them.

White House over Hallsville

Hallsville is always tough, but Whitehouse really brings the hat on defense. I think Hallsville is wise is choosing tough opponents to prep for district play. I think Hallsville loses but the loss benefits the Bobcats down the road.

Tyler Lee over Marshall

Does it really matter? Marshall graduated a lot of kids, but they will be tough to handle for sure. As long as they don't get any key players injured, they will dominate in district play.

Jacksonville over PT

PT will struggle with a new system and new coaches. Jacksonville has a great run game and will be too much for the Pirate Defense.

Grennville over North Garland

The lions need to win this one and they will. A new coach will bring life to a struggling program. If they can pull this one off, they may surprise several teams in the district as they gain confidence.

What do you say?

I can honestly say Hallsville is going to have a long season if they can't get the defense going, Kilgore ran all over us tonight.

I think we may have lots of trouble with Whitehouse. Our passing game is much better than our running game and better than last year, but we are going to have to out score folks.

I can honestly say Hallsville is going to have a long season if they can't get the defense going, Kilgore ran all over us tonight.

I think we may have lots of trouble with Whitehouse. Our passing game is much better than our running game and better than last year, but we are going to have to out score folks.

Whitehouse has been pretty bad the last 2 years and from what I've heard it's not looking any better this year. All that to say, if Hallsville struggles with them it could be a long season. But I don't see that happening this week.

1. Sulphur Springs - not sure how much else it will mean for the rest of the season, but Sherman was pretty bad last year. SS beat them then and I think it will happen again.

2. MP - from what I've heard North Forney is pretty bad. A win is a win though.

3. Texas High - just because I'll be an East Texas homer on this one.

4. Hallsville - Whitehouse has been pretty bad the last 2 years and I don't think that changes this year.

5. Marshall - Lee has a new coach and new offense. I don't think they'll be clicking yet.

6. Greenville

7. Jacksonville - if Collins was still there I might give it to PT or call it a toss up. But I think Coleman is doing a good job at Jacksonville and they'll get this win.

Just saw that Carthage stopped Marshall tonight in scrimmage 3-0. seems Marshall has a lot to work on, and Carthage has a passing game.

Might have to go with Tyler Lee

was 2-0 first teamers, but no live quarters due to weather. As long as we fix our bad snaps we will be ok. Haller only had one carry too, so im going to take it for what it is(scrimmage) until I see how we do in a real game. Even tho it was 2-0, neither team looked much dif than the other honestly. We drove the field a few times and struggled a few times as did they. Only dif was our qb tried to press into coverage and carthage qb didnt force any throws. OC told the qb to use this scrimmage to figure out what throws he can make and what he cant. So I dont think we see all these ints in a real game. Hopefully

There is so much to consider. People need to look at the big picture when they are considering a coaching change. How does the change impact the players? Is there a time when character and integrity are more important than wins and losses? I would say yes, but the time is usually short.

Wilcat

It's official. Sulphur makes the playoffs in 2016.

Just a caveat his first 4 season he was the DC.

Yes. But his win count only counts when he was a head coach. The others go to Adams.

And I'm not saying you're right or you're wrong. I just thought it was interesting when I read that.

Just curious, what changes has the school board made? I have a friend whose son is in the high school, but doesn't play football. So hadn't heard about much.

Sulphur Springs 31 vs Sherman 35 = Sherman

Mt. Pleasant 28 vs North Forney 26 = M.P.

Texas High 35 vs Bishop Lynch 15 = Texas High

Hallsville 37 vs Whitehouse 35= Hallsville

Marshall 38 vs Tyler Lee 28 = Marshall

Greenville 40 vs North Garland 20 = Greenville

Pine Tree 17 vs Jacksonville 30 = Jacksonville