Mavchamp

Weigh in on these games from Week 1-District-16-5A. Who wins and what does it mean for the 2016 season?

Sulphur Springs vs Sherman

Mt. Pleasant vs North Forney
Texas High vs Bishop Lynch
Hallsville vs Whitehouse
Marshall vs Tyler Lee
Greenville vs North Garland
Pine Tree vs Jacksonville
​It's Official! Wildcat first down!!!
Willis

SS over Sherman- Wilcats get the W to open the season. Crazy to see both these teams down

N Forney over MP- Without Holloman....... not sure what this team becomes. Did they lose another player too?

Texas High over Boshop- I don't even think this game will be close. Could be wrong

Whitehouse over Hallsville- Sounds like Bobcat D is down.... WH always has offense.

Marshall over Lee- total homer pick and I own it. But Lee has a new coach, new system. Should be Mav advantage.

Greenville over N Garland- Lions get another season opening win

Jacksonville over PT- Indians seem headed in the right direction. PT is being PT with offseason turnover. Again.

New toy at Maverick Stadium is almost complete!

Will be ready for next week's home opener Vs. Longview! Can't wait to see it in action!

2 mounted cams and one mobile crowd cam will be used.

This was made possible through the gift of a man that loves his community. Thank you sir!

14102284_1135954113109500_53560578524343

GVL vs NG is in a lightning delay; the stadium has been evacuated until further notice.

Edit: kickoff will happen at 7:45pm barring any more lightning.

Edit #2: Well, we almost got 90 seconds of football before lightning delay #2 happened. Back to the cars. Again.

Hallsville had 8 or 9 first time starters/players on offense tonight. The passing game looked decent. The RB ran hard but just did not have much room to go. Maybe the bigger back will be available next week.

Defensively they just need to wrap up. They gave up too many yards after contact.

There were a lot of newbies out there playing tonight so hopefully the first varsity game jitters will be gone for next week.

Will probably be 1-3 headed into the district games but will contend for a playoff spot.

Go Bobcats.

Looks like Texas High, Sulphur Springs, Pine Tree, and Marshall could be the teams to beat to make the playoffs. I think Hallsville wouldn't make the playoffs in 4-A at this point

Idk MP is going to be fine. After the first 4 minutes of the game. They were pretty decent football team. Take away the penalties and they score a few more times and possibly come back and win.

I agree that there are some schools that this is not an issue, and Carthage I feel is one of the few, not sure about Gilmer, and I feel Longview may be pretty fair. I know some of the schools have a good guys that do things fair, but it is the exception and not the rule. I did edit my previous post a little.

We had plenty of chances to win our game. Our new defense played like grown men last night. Too many offensive mistakes (multiple red zone trips with no points) and turnovers (muffed punt and interception, both in the fourth quarter, both giving them the ball around our 10 yard line) did us in. NG only had one first down on their own the entire second half. If we clean up our mistakes and get our new offense on the same page, we have potential to be a halfway decent team. But yeah, this one hurts.

Couple of stats, from Dallas Morning News:

Total yards: Greenville 260, North Garland 111

Passing: Greenville 13-25 for 74 yards, NG 3-8 for 6 yards

Rushing: Greenville 186 yards, NG 105 yards

First Downs: Greenville 18, North Garland 3