Prince Fielder Career Over

Lobo97

I knew there were stories early on that this could be career ending but you still hold out a little hope. He's guaranteed $24m until 2020 per Ken Rosenthal. The neck ended his 2014 early. He flashed the ability in 2015 .305 23 hr 98 rbi.You could tell he was struggling in 2016. If he has stayed healthy this could have been looked at as another good JD move. I hate seeing guys go out injured instead of on their terms. Good luck Prince.

Odor > Kinsler, so I hope this does not empower Team Fire JD...

At the time and today the trade was the right move. Kinsler didn't wanna switch positions. Profar was ready to come up. Hamilton had signed with LA. Rangers needed a left handed power bat. His three years in Texas proved that when healthy he could contribute to this team. He wasn't a 50 homer guy. He didn't put up 150 ribbies. This team didn't ask him to. The neck injury made it hard to hit and generate power. The man played half the year with a career ending neck injury. You can say he hurt more than helped. You can also say the man showed up and tried when others would have quit. I don't blame JD. I don't blame Prince. It's a shame that this is the way it has to end. This team is close. It wouldn't surprise me to see them rally around Prince and win one for him.