Mr. P

Silver spoon....? Our kids are just like y'alls. Most come up from off the bottom and I honestly know you know for yourself what's that's like. We are proud and continue to be. Our kids have never been handed anything, and most of them never will. To live and grow up and make it out of towns like Tenaha and SA when you start with nothing....but hey we have a silver spoon.....can we sell it for groceries? Tenaha got 4 300 pounders I'm sure they eating coach Horn out of house and home.

No the difference between SA and Tenaha is that SA earns and fights for the right to get into the playoffs. Tenaha doesnt....they dont get a tough team until 3 rounds into the playoffs.

Watched Groveton and Timpson scrimmage last night. Timpson has some athletes, but they have a long way to go. Groveton, looked as good as always on offense but looked better on defense. But hard to tell against Timpson offense because you can tell Timpson has only had a couple of weeks in Coach T's new system. Timpson is a team I definitely would want to play early in the year because I think they have the athletes to run that offense, it's just going to take a little time. Like I said it's hard to tell about Groveton but we should have a better idea after week 2 and 3. Facing that HIGH POWERED offense in Grapeland and the Wolves of SA, should reflect if their defense has made strides from last year.

Hey Grezzy, I'm back on-line coming to you from the shadow of Mt Rainier in Washington state. You home or out of town?

I am home. Which is now Joaquin again.....

I wrecked on Mt rainier last july. I think you should hop on I5 and head down to Mt shasta/Shasta Lake next. Try not to ride your breaks too hard!

I love that area up there around Mt Rainier. I lived outside of Tacoma for almost two years.

So who is everyone scrimmaging this week?

Grapeland has Trinity in Crockett Friday. Very good test for us. Trinity, and kountze very big athletic, and fast. The next two weeks will be good. In my opinion Grapeland has the toughest non district schedule.

Overton travels to Beckville.

After what I hear was a solid toe-to-toe performance against Alto, the Mustangs meet the 3A Bearcats. Should be another good preseason test for this young squad.

Also, Beckville and Overton have agreed to participating in "Our Day to Shine" for the scrimmage Thursday the 18th starting at 5:30 PM. There will be charge a $3 admission and accept any donations for the benevolence find for Texas High School coaches, coaches families, and athletes.

http://thsca.pointstreaksites.com/files/uploaded_documents/386/ODTS_Info_Sheet_7.pdf

No the difference between SA and Tenaha is that SA earns and fights for the right to get into the playoffs. Tenaha doesnt....they dont get a tough team until 3 rounds into the playoffs.

Dear ma'am or sir,

Do we get to pick out district or playoff opponents? Did we choose to allow 4 teams in the playoffs?

You know what, Nevermind. It's not worth it.

It don't even get sore anymore. Man you been riding Tenaha's jock for so long. It don't even get sore no more man.

Overton travels to Beckville.

After what I hear was a solid toe-to-toe performance against Alto, the Mustangs meet the 3A Bearcats. Should be another good preseason test for this young squad.

Tell me all about it.

I love that area up there around Mt Rainier. I lived outside of Tacoma for almost two years.

So who is everyone scrimmaging this week?

Grapeland has Trinity in Crockett Friday. Very good test for us. Trinity, and kountze very big athletic, and fast. The next two weeks will be good. In my opinion Grapeland has the toughest non district schedule.

Yeah. West side Ranier good, East side not as much. I don't care for Yakima. Avoid Yakima.

Yeah. West side Ranier good, East side not as much. I don't care for Yakima. Avoid Yakima.

What's wrong with Yakima? I thought it was the Palm Springs of Washington state?

Tell me all about it.

I wasn't there, but I heard it wasn't good. Still got a lot of work to do, or so I'm told.

Grapeland 4 Trinity 5

Trinity handle the Lovelady lions from what I was told by Trinity people.

Trinity will be better then any one we face in our next 10 games.

I'll allow you to update this after that Saturday trip down to Tenaha.

I seen Tenaha 4 times last year. Was shocked when Kerens handle them in a scrimmage. Watched them the first 3Qt vs Normangee it was a boring game and to cold for me so I left. Lots of turnovers by both teams. Watched the Muenster, and Alto game.

The way Grapeland played at the end of the year and finally found a QB the 2nd half of the Alto game, and from there on found there team chemistry. They should be pick to win district.

I seen Tenaha 4 times last year. Was shocked when Kerens handle them in a scrimmage. Watched them the first 3Qt vs Normangee it was a boring game and to cold for me so I left. Lots of turnovers by both teams. Watched the Muenster, and Alto game.

The way Grapeland played at the end of the year and finally found a QB the 2nd half of the Alto game, and from there on found there team chemistry. They should be pick to win district.

Your boys will not be prepared to handle The Pit on a Saturday homecoming game when the entire County shows up to watch your boys get clapped.

Dear ma'am or sir,

Do we get to pick out district or playoff opponents? Did we choose to allow 4 teams in the playoffs?

You know what, Nevermind. It's not worth it.

It don't even get sore anymore. Man you been riding Tenaha's jock for so long. It don't even get sore no more man.

Tell me all about it.

Yes mam....bow down to Tenaha

Who's playing who Week 1?

Tenaha at a very wet Joaquin. Hats off to the staff at Joaquin. They have truly tried to have the field ready. Mother nature will not let up.