Mr. P

Yes they WOULD, if $$ allowed. That means it will be several years before it WILL happen.

Well, if it ever went to a vote, it would NOT happen. It seems like the people that rally against these types of things also get elected in our neck of the woods.

Who's playing who Week 1?

I'm sorry that this post got buried, here ya go:

Grapeland at Kountze
Carlisle at Mt. Enterprise
Union Grove at Overton
Tenaha at Joaquin
Timpson at West Sabine
Wortham at Itasca

U should come to a few games this year. Tenaha vs Grapeland is on a Saturday in late October. Bring your little minions with you and I'll feed yall before the game.

U should come to a few games this year. Tenaha vs Grapeland is on a Saturday in late October. Bring your little minions with you and I'll feed yall before the game.

Careful with them invites, my little hellions can put away some groceries now. ;)

Careful with them invites, my little hellions can put away some groceries now. ;)

Osso buco? In red wine not white.? And a TON of roasted veg.

I wouldn't mind seeing Grapeland, and Tenaha both undefeated and playing for the district championship.

But Grapeland could easily lose there first three games. Kountze has athletes across the board. But they are undisciplined. They have the numbers on us, and more athletes because they are a way bigger school... So it will be a tough test.

Groveton scrimmaged before us the other night, and there offense looked really good, and there QB sometimes just runs around until he finds someone open. There offense can put up big numbers on any of the top 2a teams. But there defense is a different story.

Buffalo will have two Running backs coming back and they will have numbers on us again. They had no problem scoring points last year. There defense struggled though. It will be a very tough test.

Grapeland 4 Trinity 5

Trinity handle the Lovelady lions from what I was told by Trinity people.

Trinity will be better then any one we face in our next 10 games.

If Trinity fans think they "handled" the Lions, wow are they in for a long season. We didn't exactly light it up on offense, that's for sure. Still trying to figure out the new personnel on that side of the ball. But if a 1-1 tie against a school half your size is acceptable to their fans, glad I'm no longer a part of that group. Trinity is not that strong this year. That's why only finishing 1 drive with a TD is cause for concern for this Lions fan. Hate to break it to you bigj, but you will see several teams stronger than them this year.

If Trinity fans think they "handled" the Lions, wow are they in for a long season. We didn't exactly light it up on offense, that's for sure. Still trying to figure out the new personnel on that side of the ball. But if a 1-1 tie against a school half your size is acceptable to their fans, glad I'm no longer a part of that group. Trinity is not that strong this year. That's why only finishing 1 drive with a TD is cause for concern for this Lions fan. Hate to break it to you bigj, but you will see several teams stronger than them this year.

Shew from in here, bigj don't need your logic or concerns. Grapeland got this.

Shew from in here, bigj don't need your logic or concerns. Grapeland got this.

I know that's right GreezyChef. bigj doesn't listen to me anyway.😁 Shoot, no way a Sandiette is gonna believe a Lion. Just wish they would have scheduled us. It would have been a heck of a Houston Co. showdown this year.

I know that's right GreezyChef. bigj doesn't listen to me anyway.😁 Shoot, no way a Sandiette is gonna believe a Lion. Just wish they would have scheduled us. It would have been a heck of a Houston Co. showdown this year.

Well standard practice as per last few years. I'll be coming around the Lovelady threads to troll yall as much as possible at about week 8 or so.

I wouldn't mind seeing Grapeland, and Tenaha both undefeated and playing for the district championship.

But Grapeland could easily lose there first three games. Kountze has athletes across the board. But they are undisciplined. They have the numbers on us, and more athletes because they are a way bigger school... So it will be a tough test.

Groveton scrimmaged before us the other night, and there offense looked really good, and there QB sometimes just runs around until he finds someone open. There offense can put up big numbers on any of the top 2a teams. But there defense is a different story.

Buffalo will have two Running backs coming back and they will have numbers on us again. They had no problem scoring points last year. There defense struggled though. It will be a very tough test.

Buffalo ain't any good and Kountze is a thump-thump school. Bring pressure on Groveton and that offense shuts down they have zip for run game.

Don't know why Grapeland wouldn't play us, only 25 mins away. Yall just like Cayuga, Shead and Kennedy graduated and didn't want to play us unless UIL places in same district.

Grapeland always talks big before the season starts then when when they get thumped accusations of watering the field down and such comes out.

Red90, you're right about talk coming out of Grapeland every year before the season gets started. I think that's due to many things, and most of them are positives. People are aware that we normally have plenty of good athletes year in and year out, so they generally expect that it may make an impact on the football team's success. But this isn't always the case as we all know.

There are some good reasons why the Sandies didn't schedule "ALTO" this year, as well as many other teams that are traditionally on Grapeland's schedule. You're right, Grapeland has been thumped more than a few times in the last two and a half decades by Alto on the football field, but the Sandies have returned the favor more than a few times on the court versus some "basketball teams" from Alto.

Washington76,

I ask this with no agenda or disrespect, but why did Grapeland not schedule Lovelady this year? I thought it would have been a great opportunity for the Sandiettes. We lost a lot from last year and Grapeland brought a lot back. It would have been a way more competitive game than last year. Like I said, this is no dig at Grapeland, I just can't understand them missing this opportunity to compete with a cross county rival.

Red90, you're right about talk coming out of Grapeland every year before the season gets started. I think that's due to many things, and most of them are positives. People are aware that we normally have plenty of goo athletes year in and year out, so they generally expect that it may make an impact on the football team's success. But this isn't always the case as we all know.

There are some good reasons why the Sandies didn't schedule "ALTO" this year, as well as many other teams that are traditionally on Grapeland's schedule. You're right, Grapeland has been thumped more than a few times in the last two and a half decades by Alto on the football field, but the Sandies have returned the favor more than a few times on the court versus some "basketball teams" from Alto.

The basketball teams in quotes was hilarious. Man stop it, I just got orange crush everywhere.

Red90, you're right about talk coming out of Grapeland every year before the season gets started. I think that's due to many things, and most of them are positives. People are aware that we normally have plenty of goo athletes year in and year out, so they generally expect that it may make an impact on the football team's success. But this isn't always the case as we all know.

I shouldn't but I will.

Big Sandy says HI. 😳

Washington76,

I ask this with no agenda or disrespect, but why did Grapeland not schedule Lovelady this year? I thought it would have been a great opportunity for the Sandiettes. We lost a lot from last year and Grapeland brought a lot back. It would have been a way more competitive game than last year. Like I said, this is no dig at Grapeland, I just can't understand them missing this opportunity to compete with a cross county rival.

When you are trying to change things, sometimes it's good to change the schedule too. If you'll notice Elkhart, Lovelady, Alto, and a few others aren't on there. One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite historical figures is descriptive of this as well:

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." -Napoleon Bonaparte

We could of hung 70 on Kountze last night. But hey its Kountze they aren't any good. Our offense in terrible field conditions was able to pass, and run with ease. They do have a enrollment twice our size, and bring back most of there team from last year. They are a bad 3a team. But they did put up points on some good 3a teams last year, and did compete with a few of them also.

Hey don't forget Grapeland played the top 5 2A D1 teams in region 3 last year, and was freshman, and sophomore heavy. So I think we got a Lil experience from last year.

But hey Tenaha got this! They beat Joaquin 14-0. A team that really wasn't any good last year.

We could of hung 70 on Kountze last night. But hey its Kountze they aren't any good. Our offense in terrible field conditions was able to pass, and run with ease. They do have a enrollment twice our size, and bring back most of there team from last year. They are a bad 3a team. But they did put up points on some good 3a teams last year, and did compete with a few of them also.

Hey don't forget Grapeland played the top 5 2A D1 teams last year, and was freshman, and sophomore heavy. So I think we got a Lil experience from last year.

But hey Tenaha got this! They beat Joaquin 14-0. A team that really wasn't any good last year.

Keep on running that head. Tick........Tock