Kilgore @ Gilmer scrimmage 08/12

WhoamI97539

Yeah heard Kilgore needs a little more conditioning heard they were tired when live qtr came around. But overall I think it was a pretty good scrimmage for both teams. But if Gilmer was missing that many starters they will be just fine then. And if Kilgore's Offense looked that good in the first scrimmage then they will be just fine also. Both teams will do nothing but get better every single wk. Good luck Gilmer on your season.

Yeah heard Kilgore needs a little more conditioning heard they were tired when live qtr came around. But overall I think it was a pretty good scrimmage for both teams. But if Gilmer was missing that many starters they will be just fine then. And if Kilgore's Offense looked that good in the first scrimmage then they will be just fine also. Both teams will do nothing but get better every single wk. Good luck Gilmer on your season.

yea that what i said, a bunch of the gilmer kids wer out cause of dehydrated, Kilgo qb good, and gilmer gb good

yea that what i said, a bunch of the gilmer kids wer out cause of dehydrated, Kilgo qb good, and gilmer gb good

for one of you gilmer folks who was the number 33 kid from last year wo run all ova LE , some body say his name is ward, i don think i saw him ever carry the b all?

Yes ward did play he was the kid that they thought was down but wasn't and took off for like 20 yards then on the goaline he ran a kid over I know the kid was seeing stars this kid runs so hard I think all of Gilmer backs go over 200lbs

Okay, it's a scrimmage, so take what you want from it. But a few quick observations...

1. Kilgore quarterback is going to give d linemen nightmares this year. Incredibly quick, speed to burn, pretty good passer. They ran a lot of triple option out of a spread formation, putting the slot receiver in motion and bringing him into the backfield. That and zone read gave the Gilmer defense fits.

2. Gilmer's defense is small up front. Aggressive as always, but I would be concerned that a big offensive line might push them around.

3. Several key Gilmer players out, so it's hard to know what they would look like. Especially in the secondary.

4. In the live quarter, Gilmer looked ok. Receivers made some sick catches. QB will need to learn how to see the whole field. He is accurate, but focuses on his primary receiver. Couple of bad snaps, but that will get resolved.

5. Both teams looked dangerous on offense. Both teams need to make improvements on defense. I'm sure both coaching staffs will have a lot to look at and will have plenty to work on with their kids.

Okay, it's a scrimmage, so take what you want from it. But a few quick observations...

1. Kilgore quarterback is going to give d linemen nightmares this year. Incredibly quick, speed to burn, pretty good passer. They ran a lot of triple option out of a spread formation, putting the slot receiver in motion and bringing him into the backfield. That and zone read gave the Gilmer defense fits.

2. Gilmer's defense is small up front. Aggressive as always, but I would be concerned that a big offensive line might push them around.

3. Several key Gilmer players out, so it's hard to know what they would look like. Especially in the secondary.

4. In the live quarter, Gilmer looked ok. Receivers made some sick catches. QB will need to learn how to see the whole field. He is accurate, but focuses on his primary receiver. Couple of bad snaps, but that will get resolved.

5. Both teams looked dangerous on offense. Both teams need to make improvements on defense. I'm sure both coaching staffs will have a lot to look at and will have plenty to work on with their kids.

Still a little confused about the earlier Kilgore posters. The live quarter, which is the closest to real football, Gilmer 1st team won 26-14 without their 2 All State players on the field. Is this correct?

The only posts in this thread about Kilgore dominating/embarassing Gilmer came from daBears...... who is from Gladewater.

• Like 1

LIVE QUARTER FINAL SCORE

GILMER 26

KILGORE 14

GILMER

27 PLAYS FOR 289 YDS, 4 TD'S

9 RUSHES FOR 28 YDS, 1 TD

13 OF 18 PASSING FOR 261 YDS, 3 TD'S

9 FIRST DOWNS

PENALTIES: 2 FOR 10 YDS

KILGORE

12 PLAYS FOR 175 YDS, 2 TD'S

9 RUSHES FOR 105 YDS, 1 TD

1 OF 3 PASSING FOR 70 YDS, 1 TD

4 FIRST DOWNS

PENALTIES: 2 FOR 12 YDS

CONTROLLED SCRIMMAGE

GILMER

40 PLAYS FOR 339 YDS, 3 TD'S

13 RUSHES FOR 154 YDS, 3 TD'S, 1 FUMBLE LOST

9 OF 17 PASSING FOR 185 YDS, 1 INTERCEPTION

7 FIRST DOWNS

PENALTIES: 4 FOR 30 YDS

KILGORE

40 PLAYS FOR 456 YDS, 6 TD'S

29 RUSHES FOR 302 YDS, 4 TD'S, 2 LOST FUMBLES

5 OF 11 PASSING FOR 154 YDS, 2 TD'S

7 FIRST DOWNS

PENALTIES: 2 FOR 20 YDS

Some other bright spots for Kilgore that I haven't seen mentioned yet....

- The #2 QB (Copeland) looked really good. Very good passer, he can run a little too. Always nice to have quality depth there.

- The soph WR (Wheat) is going to be a big time playmaker

- Our #1 RB (Hamilton) only had 1 or 2 carries in this scrimmage. His backups looked good.

- We have one heckuva Kicker/Punter this year. I think he's a soph.

The punter/kicker is a sophomore.

Some other bright spots for Kilgore that I haven't seen mentioned yet....

- The #2 QB (Copeland) looked really good. Very good passer, he can run a little too. Always nice to have quality depth there.

- The soph WR (Wheat) is going to be a big time playmaker

- Our #1 RB (Hamilton) only had 1 or 2 carries in this scrimmage. His backups looked good.

- We have one heckuva Kicker/Punter this year. I think he's a soph.

It was 6tds to 1 td at one point. I think Kilgore a lot better team. Gilmers offense started playing a lot better at the end

yea, cause Kilgo coache wuld stop gilmer momentum, evry play they went an huddled their defense, an gave dem a break, when tha live quarter started, they couldnt do that, an Gilmer scored at will

This was before the live part which means nothing. Now when the live part started things started getting quiet from the Kilgore posters.

The live part is all that matters in a glorified practice.

It was a summary statement. Kilgore had the ball for 15 snaps and scored 3 times. Things got quiet from this Kilgore poster because I left the scrimmage just before they practiced special teams snaps which was then followed by the live scrimmage. Not sure how that qualifies as adding to any fire.