crockett vs elkhart scrimmage

maxjean

had to have been one the most uneven scrimmages i have ever seen not knocking elkhart they had a few good looking kids game was called for lightining it never got to the live quarter thank goodness,woodville should be tougher next week.large crowd for a scrimmage btw was shocked at the turnout.

lol..what you talkin bout willis....

A very talented player has moved into your school district late this summer due to a parent's job change. I don't know all specifics, but I can tell you he started at LB as a Soph at 4A D1 until an injury sidelined him last year. He is on the recruiting radar and I expect he will be widely known by year end. Rare combination of size, speed, strength, and football IQ at the high school level. I saw that Crockett is returning 10 of 11 starters this year on defense. I'd offer that with the addition of this young man you are returning 11.

Last year Crockett was very prolific on offense but gave up a lot of points

I see they have 10 back on defense that could be good or bad? If they have this kid from Carthage that's being talked about sounds like he will be a big help to the defense

They were also one student away from possibly have changing the whole landscape had they come back up to D1

Landscape as in in districts and how they were aligned

Teague, Malakoff, West & Groesbeck are all ranked in the top 20 in a lot of the polls. The only district that is as tough as that one is the one with Franklin, Cameron, Jarrell , Rockdale, & Troy. So yes I to believe Crockett would have trouble making the playoffs in either of these districts.

Crockett has always had the athletes and has a rich history of good teams. The addition of Groesbeck and west to that district makes it pretty tough. Combine that with most polls having malakoff in top 3. But competing for a playoff spot which I think Crockett is capable of isn't enough when you see the 3rd and 4th place teams will likely match up with 2 other top 5 teams in cameron and Franklin who scored 76 on Crockett last year, heck slated right now the 2nd place team is looking at a very athletic and fast Rockdale team which will be a tough out in the playoffs. Now we understand games aren't played on paper and is decided on the field and anything can happen. But being at the top of the cutoff helps with depth when consider the top of the cutoff Mark usually have twice the student pool than the bottom