PG @ MOUNT PLEASANT SCRIMMAGE

dhoop02

Saw some good things this last scrim and some areas for improvement. We still have plenty of time to iron out the kinks.

Your right plenty time get it all right before we play Paris I heard offense was on fire last scrimmage so that's good thing with us starting in new offense for them come out that good

I'm haven't kept up with PG the past couple years....what kind of offense and defense do they run? Are they returning many from last year? Who are the players to watch? Seems they were option/run last time I saw them.

I'm haven't kept up with PG the past couple years....what kind of offense and defense do they run? Are they returning many from last year? Who are the players to watch? Seems they were option/run last time I saw them.

This is the 3rd year under Coach Gibson. Running new offense and defense. They played 11 sophomores last year and all are returning plus the juniors, started 10 or so Seniors. QB is returning sophomore who took over the job in last years opening game after our starter got injured. Players to watch...read this.

http://power959.com/pleasant-grove-looks-to-soar-as-football-season-begins/?trackback=tsmclip

PG scored 3 touchdowns to Mount Pleasant's none in the controlled portion of the scrimmage. I upset an LE fan by saying how I had the breakdown last week, so this week I will be more clear. With MP's 1's on the field PG won 1-0, with MP's 2's on the field PG won 1-0 and with a combination of MP's 2-3's PG won 1-0. Who PG had on the field, I have no idea, I do know they had a different QB in each of the three series.

In the live two quarters MP won 17-14. Turnovers hurt PG and set up MP in great field position on 2 of the 3 scoring drives. Thought all and all it was a pretty good scrimmage for both teams. MP looked much better in the live two quarters than they have looked so far. The Sophomore QB made several plays with his feet and the little running back ran hard. Still have serious concerns over the lack of any type of passing game. That hurt us last year and I have not seen anything that shows we can keep defenses honest by completing a few passes. Defense looked better this week. With the exception of a few long pass plays they were much improved.

Scrimmages are what they are, scrimmages. Ready for the season to begin. Good luck to both squads moving forward.

• Like 1

PG scored 3 touchdowns to Mount Pleasant's none in the controlled portion of the scrimmage. I upset an LE fan by saying how I had the breakdown last week, so this week I will be more clear. With MP's 1's on the field PG won 1-0, with MP's 2's on the field PG won 1-0 and with a combination of MP's 2-3's PG won 1-0. Who PG had on the field, I have no idea, I do know they had a different QB in each of the three series.

In the live two quarters MP won 17-14. Turnovers hurt PG and set up MP in great field position on 2 of the 3 scoring drives. Thought all and all it was a pretty good scrimmage for both teams. MP looked much better in the live two quarters than they have looked so far. The Sophomore QB made several plays with his feet and the little running back ran hard. Still have serious concerns over the lack of any type of passing game. That hurt us last year and I have not seen anything that shows we can keep defenses honest by completing a few passes. Defense looked better this week. With the exception of a few long pass plays they were much improved.

Scrimmages are what they are, scrimmages. Ready for the season to begin. Good luck to both squads moving forward.

Well he doesn't count for all of us lol

Yeah, they looked good. I'm hoping the rain was a factor with some of our receivers but they looked fast and awareness was high. Saw some new faces on offense and some Paris coaches in the stands:) O-line looks almost as scary as our D-line. I'd like to see some harder hits and that fumble recovery counted for six...like it should have.

PG should be fun to watch this season. Lots of good looking young men. Probably be called a homer, but on the fumble I felt like the whistle blew before the fumble, but that is just my opinion. You guys also lost a turnover when we were inside the 1 and fumbled and PG recovered but were called for offsides. From where I was sitting, I couldn't tell, but it must have been blatant because they do not call much in scrimmages. Hope yall have a great season!

Thanks for the update from MP. Sounds like they may have put together something today against a quality Pleasant Grove team. It seems like the Hawks dominated the controlled scrimmage. Was it just turnovers that cost them during the live portion? Anyone know if North Forney has any weapons? Tigers are at Forney next Friday for the season opener.

MP had one good scoring drive and that was about it as far as sustained drives. Moved the ball fairly well on a couple of other possessions, but penalties or fumbles hurt those drives. Rained pretty good during a portion of scrimmage and neither team handled that very well.

Word I have gotten on N Forney is that are not very good. We will see!