Week 1: LE vs Gilmer

WiseGuy

Which side yall sitting on?

Probably be on Gilmer's side beings they're home. Gilmer fans aren't usually as bad in person as on this forum haha!

Really hard to pull for either team in this game haha. L-E are our sworn rivals and Gilmer is getting right up there with them since we've been denied 2 semi-finals in a row by them LOL. Just wanting to see a good football game, and to see what 2 of our opponents look like.

Game Day!!!! I can't wait to get there and cheer on the Leopards!

I've already started feigning sickness. A few moans and a few trips to the bathroom and I'm sure my boss lady will start asking if I am alright. I figure about lunchtime, I'll tell her I'm going home sick. 3 day weekend here I come!!!!

Go LE!!!!!

Haha excellent. I actually manage a store that my father owns, and I told him yesterday "You don't know it yet, but I'm leaving early tomorrow, so don't be surprised if you can't find me." 4:30 rolls around and we're hitting the road. Great way to start off the football season!

• Like 1

Certainly a veteran move, But your not supposed to telegraph it! Hope your boss is not a closet high school football fan reading these posts!

I know, everybody can not be on Smoaky posting and get any work done.

Haha excellent. I actually manage a store that my father owns, and I told him yesterday "You don't know it yet, but I'm leaving early tomorrow, so don't be surprised if you can't find me." 4:30 rolls around and we're hitting the road. Great way to start off the football season!

If you get fired, Wal-Mart is hiring

Gilmer will be gilmer but if LE defence steps up it could be a long night for the bucks

LE Defense always steps up...issue may be...can they stay "stepped up" & play 4 quarters...or will they have their hands on their hips later in the game?

Probably be on Gilmer's side beings they're home. Gilmer fans aren't usually as bad in person as on this forum haha!

Really hard to pull for either team in this game haha. L-E are our sworn rivals and Gilmer is getting right up there with them since we've been denied 2 semi-finals in a row by them LOL. Just wanting to see a good football game, and to see what 2 of our opponents look like.

Remember who was rooting for you against Gilmer last year in the playoffs lol

Remember who was rooting for you against Gilmer last year in the playoffs lol

Touche. I'm just sitting on Gilmer's side for the seating :P. Guess when you have a rivalry like ours we will pull for each other any other time haha. I pull for L-K and QC now, and they're our long time old school rivals, we just don't get to play them anymore...

Has Gilmer ever started 0-1 lol. Maybe pre traylor

Gilmer hasn't lost an opening game in 15 years (15-0). It's never ok to lose, expectations are always high, and losing is never an option. However, I've always said district is where you never want to lose, pre district games are for getting better and bragging rights. LE is a 3 pt favorite tonight, which I can agree with. This game will not make or break anyone's season. Two really solid, athletic teams going at it! I think this game will come down to turnovers, and 4th quarter conditioning. Praying for safe travels for all, and no injuries to either team. Good luck!

Gilmer hasn't lost an opening game in 15 years (15-0). It's never ok to lose, expectations are always high, and losing is never an option. However, I've always said district is where you never want to lose, pre district games are for getting better and bragging rights. LE is a 3 pt favorite tonight, which I can agree with. This game will not make or break anyone's season. Two really solid, athletic teams going at it! I think this game will come down to turnovers, and 4th quarter conditioning. Praying for safe travels for all, and no injuries to either team. Good luck!

+1 - Gotta love those bragging rights though. These games show you what it takes to play with the best teams, therefore you will gain the most experience generally in pre-district. Play for a spot in the playoffs, then hopefully it's off to the races. In our districts case, we generally have to beat each other out to make it to the big one. That's the only thing I don't like about the playoff system. Wish there was a way to put 1 or 2 of each of our teams in a different region's playoff. We'd still probably end up beating each other out.

• Like 1

Game Day!!!! I can't wait to get there and cheer on the Leopards!

I've already started feigning sickness. A few moans and a few trips to the bathroom and I'm sure my boss lady will start asking if I am alright. I figure about lunchtime, I'll tell her I'm going home sick. 3 day weekend here I come!!!!

Go LE!!!!!

Then you'll end up on the Red Zone and your boss lady will see it....lol

LE Defense always steps up...issue may be...can they stay "stepped up" & play 4 quarters...or will they have their hands on their hips later in the game?

You are right. Gilmer always looking like they have been playing for three weeks and it is just week one.

very surprised that we're a 3 point favorite in this one lol.

I'm not. You guys return several starters from a solid team that went on a good playoff run in Div 1. Last years game was close, so I'll be surprised if either team won by more than 10. Earlier I said I believe this game will come down to turnovers and 4th quarter conditioning. I'm adding the kicking game into the mix as well. In a game like this, every point, or missed point is important. I think Gilmer's kicker graduated, so not sure who they have now. In one of the scrimmages, it looked like someone missed a few extra points?

I'm not. You guys return several starters from a solid team that went on a good playoff run in Div 1. Last years game was close, so I'll be surprised if either team won by more than 10. Earlier I said I believe this game will come down to turnovers and 4th quarter conditioning. I'm adding the kicking game into the mix as well. In a game like this, every point, or missed point is important. I think Gilmer's kicker graduated, so not sure who they have now. In one of the scrimmages, it looked like someone missed a few extra points?

Our kicking game is never our strong point, we missed multiple PATs against Gilmer last year.

Our kicker improved a lot by the end of the year but he graduated so I'm not sure what it is going

to look like this season.

A new holder. The kicker is fine. The holder needed more practice for sure. I think he's good from 35 yards in for sure, maybe a few extra.

Yes, this game is a tough call. It could go either way, and I think it will come down to turnovers, defense, special teams, and conditioning. I know that's cliche', but "tru storie".

Our kicking game is never our strong point, we missed multiple PATs against Gilmer last year.

Our kicker improved a lot by the end of the year but he graduated so I'm not sure what it is going

to look like this season.

Your right, he got a lot of practice last year, because we averaged 40 points a game.

One thing about Gilmer is they draw a crowd not including their own fans. Other fans come to root for them to get beat or watch them with envy. They are like the good looking dude that gets all the girls. You can't stand his succcss but deep down inside you want to be like him. Lol. Funny seeing fans from Atlanta, Tatum, GW, etc rail on them on this forum but then take off work early to drive several miles to watch their games. Heck, Tatum fans even go to the Gilmer scrimmages. Lol

One thing about Gilmer is they draw a crowd not including their own fans. Other fans come to root for them to get beat or watch them with envy. They are like the good looking dude that gets all the girls. You can't stand his succcss but deep down inside you want to be like him. Lol. Funny seeing fans from Atlanta, Tatum, GW, etc rail on them on this forum but then take off work early to drive several miles to watch their games. Heck, Tatum fans even go to the Gilmer scrimmages. Lol

How about some humble pie? We went to watch Henderson. We play them next week. And of course there will be fans from multiple schools attending a game when their team isn't playing. It's called being a football fan. But we've come to expect that kind of arrogance from a few of yall.

• Like 1

How about some humble pie? We went to watch Henderson. We play them next week. And of course there will be fans from multiple schools attending a game when their team isn't playing. It's called being a football fan. But we've come to expect that kind of arrogance from a few of yall.

Lmao. I am not from Gilmer. Just call it like I see it.