Hardknocks Aledo

TheTrueKing

That's the best 5+ minutes I've seen in a while. Great video. Great team. They put the T in Tradition.

And a film crew on the plane for that transfer from California, that's unique coverage. But wow what a Big kid (man, it's hard to call someone 6'7" and 340# (I think). A kid) .

Coached that James kid in Junior High...he was a man among children....It just makes my head "twitch".....when I see Aledo and their "NON" recruiting....James had been going to school in Everman since KINDERGARTEN......but we played them his 7th grade year and he KILLED THEM...next thing we know...he says he was moving to Aledo.....yes I kow they have a great school, and great athletic program....BUT would like to see the kids that that had been in Aledo since kindergarten...vs the kids that "move" to Aledo.....guess our recruiting budget isn't as big as Aledo's....PLUS they have 3 of our coaches that had been at Everman for a LONG TIME.....glad we are in a different region won't see them until semi-finals now......they are good....10 years ago Aledo was a "farming community"...median income about $35,000......NOW that won't make a dent in a down payment on a house in Aledo!!!!

Winter....not mad...not jealous.....just know that if the "tongan" family REALLY wanted to get NEAR their "family"...should have moved to Euless.....have been in this business a lot longer than most of you here have been alive....have seen it first hand....success breed success....I know....BUT even in the video "mutt" makes the statement that he wanted to "UP" his game.....sounds like moving for athletic purpose to me??....case in point....MANY moons ago there was an athlete that attended Palestine High School...played baseball...was REAL good on a BAD team...."moved" to Elkhart to play baseball...was a BIG flack over his eligibility....BUT finally was ruled eligible.....realignment came up Elkhart's # was 185.5.....PEIMS lady wanting that "extra" $$ rounded up....YEP cut off was 185....and Elkhart was 186...and the ONLY transfer student they accepted was the Palestine kid....moved them UP from 2A to 3A...and they suffered in 3A for a LONG TIME....I know what goes around comes around....and I just let the natural flow go.......somewhere down the line....SOMEBODY will pay the price for this....since the UIL started "monitoring" Permian.......ZILCH........just saying.....all is well

Dude get over it if he moved in 8th grade or a freshman (James Kid) to stay out of trouble then oh well. Its one thing to move to a school your junior or senior year for sports but when a kid moves over there in junior high get real bud seriously you don't know how they are going to grow and become I have known many of kids that were complete beast in junior high to become a non starter in high school. An heck if it was me to live in everman or aledo Id choose aledo any day of the week.

Coached that James kid in Junior High...he was a man among children....It just makes my head "twitch".....when I see Aledo and their "NON" recruiting....James had been going to school in Everman since KINDERGARTEN......but we played them his 7th grade year and he KILLED THEM...next thing we know...he says he was moving to Aledo.....yes I kow they have a great school, and great athletic program....BUT would like to see the kids that that had been in Aledo since kindergarten...vs the kids that "move" to Aledo.....guess our recruiting budget isn't as big as Aledo's....PLUS they have 3 of our coaches that had been at Everman for a LONG TIME.....glad we are in a different region won't see them until semi-finals now......they are good....10 years ago Aledo was a "farming community"...median income about $35,000......NOW that won't make a dent in a down payment on a house in Aledo!!!!

Aledo is as blue blood as anyone when it comes to breeding football players. They teach real competition starting at 3 yrs old out here.. its a bit ridiculous. You also have to remember that Aledo ISD is not just Aledo, TX. Most of the low income folks come from Hudson Oaks and closer to Ft Worth.

Guys....NOT jealous.......not in the least.......just that i am old school.....You go to school wherever you go to school...and you DON'T move to "up your game"....you play where you live and make the team better where you are. and yes here in Everman we are a "unique" school....what we do here academically is NOT suppose to happen in schools like us...we even do what we do with LESS $$ from the state.....we are considered a Title One school because our median income is LESS than $35,000...heck I would say LESS than $25,000....96% of our kids are on free and reduced lunches....AND where I work we take "second chance kids" that have dropped out or are on the verge of not graduating because of discipline problems OR because of family problems....WE graduate them WITH A DIPLOMA...not a "participation certificate"....we have a 88% rate of college participants...WE have a 92% rate of ALL our kids graduating PASSING ALL EOC tests..not that watered down #### that the state says we can do now with passing 3 of the 5 and you can do a "project" to "pass" the other two.....sorry for the rant.....It just seems to me that it's called LOYALTY......but in today's society seems we are following the almighty ME ME ME......not the TEAM TEAM TEAM concept.....are we teaching our kids to run away from a problem??...why not STAY and be part of the solution...when I was in school..back in the DARK AGES...I played at a VERY SMALL school in the Texas Panhandle.....I was asked by other LARGER schools to come play for them because they said I would get "better looks" by larger colleges and universities.....well boys I stayed where I had been my whole life and STILL signed with the University of Arkansas and Frank Broyles.....IF you are good THEY will find you.........

Sir you may old school but even old school knows people move for various different reason. You pointed out the James kid moved in 8th grade ok? how is that being loyal or not I'm sure his mom wanted him out of Everman so he had a better chance to succeed and like he said stay out of trouble! Now the California kid is a question mark because there are better programs in Caly like De La Salle then Aledo so maybe just maybe he did move for the reason given. I don't know why someone would move from Caly with schools who could use a guy like that in Caly like a De La Salle or Cal poly. The problem is people like you who assume the worse when 99% of the time people move for reason beyond sports. It is just like saying all cops are bad cops bc of the 1%. Not all kids who move to various school are the 1% for sports. Loyal or not if Aledo is a better atmosphere than Everman for a kid like James then by all means you throw loyalty out the window and make sure you don't become a statistic!

Guys....NOT jealous.......not in the least.......just that i am old school.....You go to school wherever you go to school...and you DON'T move to "up your game"....you play where you live and make the team better where you are. and yes here in Everman we are a "unique" school....what we do here academically is NOT suppose to happen in schools like us...we even do what we do with LESS $$ from the state.....we are considered a Title One school because our median income is LESS than $35,000...heck I would say LESS than $25,000....96% of our kids are on free and reduced lunches....AND where I work we take "second chance kids" that have dropped out or are on the verge of not graduating because of discipline problems OR because of family problems....WE graduate them WITH A DIPLOMA...not a "participation certificate"....we have a 88% rate of college participants...WE have a 92% rate of ALL our kids graduating PASSING ALL EOC tests..not that watered down #### that the state says we can do now with passing 3 of the 5 and you can do a "project" to "pass" the other two.....sorry for the rant.....It just seems to me that it's called LOYALTY......but in today's society seems we are following the almighty ME ME ME......not the TEAM TEAM TEAM concept.....are we teaching our kids to run away from a problem??...why not STAY and be part of the solution...when I was in school..back in the DARK AGES...I played at a VERY SMALL school in the Texas Panhandle.....I was asked by other LARGER schools to come play for them because they said I would get "better looks" by larger colleges and universities.....well boys I stayed where I had been my whole life and STILL signed with the University of Arkansas and Frank Broyles.....IF you are good THEY will find you.........

Here is what I don't get... You take a shot at Aledo then this reply blames the kid and parents basically. Aledo ISD has to accept transfers if they move into the district. It's up to the UIL to determine if it's legit. It's not like the HC flew to California to offer the 6'7 lineman a scholarship to a free school :D. He also doesn't make enough to buy that kid and his family a $200,000+ minimum home to live out here (yes, housing prices are ridiculous in this isd )

Mav...NO shot at Aledo.....Coach Buchannan and alot of the coaching staff over there are personal friends.....I know that Aledo has a rich tradition of success.....more so since Coach B got there.....it just looks like on the video...the ONLY REASON kids are going to Aledo is for the "sports recognition"....If we could get that kind of parent support and school support for everything that we do....who knows it might turn around here....I'm just saying...no argument....but it seems that year end and out since the "tradition started" people gravitate to "success"....and they will do it for the personal recognition......I am ALL for success...I have been apart of MANY winning traditions....East Texas, and here in the Metroplex.....and in NO WAY am I trying to BASH.....just an observation of the video....yes it shows and reveals that Aledo is successful.....Good for them/you/ whomever.....

I'm an Everman grad and I understand people move if they have the means etc....Aledo is a nice place with nice homes etc......but Everman's also a great place with great people who have had success in a lot of sports...and what goes on academically at Everman doesn't happen at a lot of places with similar demographics...the folks there should be commended..

As for James Williams and why he left...I hear all the rumors and I personally am skeptical of his move and many other football players who have moved into Aledo starting with Jonathan Gray... but all it is heresay.....I have my opinions but w/o proof my opinion is worth zilch....so it is what it is

I do know the Everman coaches knew he was leaving when he was in 8th grade...the quote "We have an 8th grade stud but he won't be here in HS, he'll be in Aledo" knowing Keeling and how he operates if a kid doesn't want to be there he honestly doesn't want them either.....he won't check the box on a PAPF he just lets it go.....its the old "if you don't want to be here TYA" lol

Mav...NO shot at Aledo.....Coach Buchannan and alot of the coaching staff over there are personal friends.....I know that Aledo has a rich tradition of success.....more so since Coach B got there.....it just looks like on the video...the ONLY REASON kids are going to Aledo is for the "sports recognition"....If we could get that kind of parent support and school support for everything that we do....who knows it might turn around here....I'm just saying...no argument....but it seems that year end and out since the "tradition started" people gravitate to "success"....and they will do it for the personal recognition......I am ALL for success...I have been apart of MANY winning traditions....East Texas, and here in the Metroplex.....and in NO WAY am I trying to BASH.....just an observation of the video....yes it shows and reveals that Aledo is successful.....Good for them/you/ whomever.....

You brought the james kid up an the only reason he moved was to stay out of trouble quit crawfishing.

I'm an Everman grad and I understand people move if they have the means etc....Aledo is a nice place with nice homes etc......but Everman's also a great place with great people who have had success in a lot of sports...and what goes on academically at Everman doesn't happen at a lot of places with similar demographics...the folks there should be commended..

As for James Williams and why he left...I hear all the rumors and I personally am skeptical of his move and many other football players who have moved into Aledo starting with Jonathan Gray... but all it is heresay.....I have my opinions but w/o proof my opinion is worth zilch....so it is what it is

I do know the Everman coaches knew he was leaving when he was in 8th grade...the quote "We have an 8th grade stud but he won't be here in HS, he'll be in Aledo" knowing Keeling and how he operates if a kid doesn't want to be there he honestly doesn't want them either.....he won't check the box on a PAPF he just lets it go.....its the old "if you don't want to be here TYA" lol

Here is what gets me... We have a lot of people who like to talk about Gilmer, Aledo, SLC, etc etc etc recruiting. None of them have ever been proven to recruit outside of the laws of the UIL. Too many people want to blame the coaches and schools for having success. So much success that people WANT to move there and WANT to play for that school.

Aledo is unique. People WANT to move there for their academic AND athletic success. I have NO IDEA if my kids will be athletic. However, I take comfort knowing that my kids will most likely grow up in a safe community where they can take pride in their school's athletic and academic excellence. Whether doing it from the band, or the fields, I expect that they will fully enjoy the athletic department offered at AISD.

Now listen, Aledo, the city itself has an extremely crime rate and as of right now only has 1 or 2 officers on duty each day/night at a time. Crime is so low here that if you get pulled over for a speeding ticket in our 35MPH zone near Sonic, everyone knows about it. So there is way more than sports as a reason to move to Aledo right now. I grew up in Marshall, lived in Ft Worth, lived in Atlanta, GA, and Atlanta, TX... I know without a doubt that I am living in one of the safest areas in this state for my 5 children and I take no shame saying that I moved here for the sports AND academics... Hell, almost everyone that lives here has kids... for a reason.