Mr. P

Union Grove at Overton  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Game was called due to weather affecting the lights. Union Grove was up 7-0, with 1:55 in 1st quarter, but the game was far from decided.

I think I was wrong about Overton, they got some boys with spirit (and cojones). If injuries don't become a problem, they could make some noise in district.

Game ended up being cancelled with less than two minutes left in 1st quarter...power failure and half the lights would not stay on...Overton said they would resume play today, but UG stated they were hosting a cross country meet Saturday...a mutual agreement could not be reached, so game cancelled, does not go down as an official game.

Game was called due to weather affecting the lights. Union Grove was up 7-0, with 1:55 in 1st quarter, but the game was far from decided.

I think I was wrong about Overton, they got some boys with spirit (and cojones). If injuries don't become a problem, they could make some noise in district.

I tried to tell you.

it was 8-0...minor detail

Game ended up being cancelled with less than two minutes left in 1st quarter...power failure and half the lights would not stay on...Overton said they would resume play today, but UG stated they were hosting a cross country meet Saturday...a mutual agreement could not be reached, so game cancelled, does not go down as an official game.

It should also be noted that UG wanted to travel to West Rusk, Troup, Arp, pretty much anywhere else that night to finish. Overton declined.

It should also be noted that UG wanted to travel to West Rusk, Troup, Arp, pretty much anywhere else that night to finish. Overton declined.

I can understand why they would decline, not sure those were viable options at 9:30 at night...West Rusk was playing at home, definitely not an option and they had a delay also, so even if teams went there after the end of their game it would be so late!!...I cannot imagine what would have to be done at other schools...those school officials contacted (I'm sure they were at their teams games out of town (Troup @ Spring Hill and Arp @ Tatum) and try to arrange their people to open up stadiums probably past 10:30...cannot see that as easy as playing Saturday after cross country meet, unless a lot of football players ran cross country...nonetheless it is done.

I can understand why they would decline, not sure those were viable options at 9:30 at night...West Rusk was playing at home, definitely not an option and they had a delay also, so even if teams went there after the end of their game it would be so late!!...I cannot imagine what would have to be done at other schools...those school officials contacted (I'm sure they were at their teams games out of town (Troup @ Spring Hill and Arp @ Tatum) and try to arrange their people to open up stadiums probably past 10:30...cannot see that as easy as playing Saturday after cross country meet, unless a lot of football players ran cross country...nonetheless it is done.

Agreed, just worth pointing out. I think both teams will do well in district. Best of luck.