Van vs. mineola

TexasForever28

@ Texasforever28....What is Moffats playoff record in Van? I will help you. I believe it is 2-5. Maybe you shouldn't comment on other peoples IQ. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but a 2-5 playoff record does NOT make you one of the best coaches in East Texas.

Most coaches don't make the playoffs year in and year out. I do agree that Van should be winning in the first round but meeting gilmer and LE in the first round is a pretty tough deal. He gets more out of Van then he should. The talent here is not suburb. It's average. An elite player from time to time but nothing like other east Texas schools. He is a GREAT coach. He has a state ring from Denton Ryan. He has a great overall record in Van. He is one of the BEST in east texas

• Like 1

Keep telling yourself that 28, maybe it will come true. I can think of two of those 5 playoff losses where Van should have won and still lost. GREAT coaches win playoff games even when they are at a disadvantage in talent. Sometimes its X's and O's, not Jimmys and Joes. Oh, and defense wins championships.

Most coaches don't make the playoffs year in and year out. I do agree that Van should be winning in the first round but meeting gilmer and LE in the first round is a pretty tough deal. He gets more out of Van then he should. The talent here is not suburb. It's average. An elite player from time to time but nothing like other east Texas schools. He is a GREAT coach. He has a state ring from Denton Ryan. He has a great overall record in Van. He is one of the BEST in east texas

supurb not suburb

Just curious how the Mineola QB acted when they got down. Watched him at a track meet and he dropped a race so he wouldn't lose.

I'm not sure why your curious about it. I'm not really sure why I'm responding. Last year Mineola played against a team that had a player have a melt down right before halftime, threw his helmet and started fighting with his own players. I've never seen anything like that from a player at Mineola. The Jackets played hard all night against Van....every damn one of them.

I'm not sure why your curious about it. I'm not really sure why I'm responding. Last year Mineola played against a team that had a player have a melt down right before halftime, threw his helmet and started fighting with his own players. I've never seen anything like that from a player at Mineola. The Jackets played hard all night against Van....every damn one of them.

Not a very good attitude when things aren't going good. Front runner

Not a very good attitude when things aren't going good. Front runner

Your clueless. I've seen him will the teams to wins, and have seen him make comebacks that just fall short. Ask the Winnsboro fans about 2 years ago. It's people like you that come on here and like to tear into a HS player like they are a pro. Maybe you just need to worry about your own team.

Your clueless. I've seen him will the teams to wins, and have seen him make comebacks that just fall short. Ask the Winnsboro fans about 2 years ago. It's people like you that come on here and like to tear into a HS player like they are a pro. Maybe you just need to worry about your own team.

He can take over a game, I seen it first hand. Saw him this spring playing baseball and thought that he had matured a lot. He was a good teammate and showed good sportsmanship.

Ok whatever you say. Keep telling yourself that

Van needs new blood. Time to clean house. Maybe even time to drop football altogether and focus more on the girl's sports.

Do you even know how to spell football?? I've been on Smoaky a long time and that's probably the stupidest post I've ever seen!! Maybe you should look up VAN FOOTBALL history partner .. Now that's V. A. N just in case your as bad at spelling as you are with football knowledge...

• Like 1

@ Texasforever28....What is Moffats playoff record in Van? I will help you. I believe it is 2-5. Maybe you shouldn't comment on other peoples IQ. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but a 2-5 playoff record does NOT make you one of the best coaches in East Texas.

5 L's---- Gilmer, LE, Henderson,Paris, Kilgore. They should have beat Paris no doubt about it, but 6 turnovers make it hard to win. It's not like they are losing to terrible teams

• Like 1

5 L's---- Gilmer, LE, Henderson,Paris, Kilgore. They should have beat Paris no doubt about it, but 6 turnovers make it hard to win. It's not like they are losing to terrible teams

Those are 5 tough first round opponents. I don't think you can fault Moffatt. He's working with the talent he's given. Not many teams have the speed to compete with any of those. If you line Van and any of those other teams up side by side there would be no comparison of who looks the part. Van has done a heck of a job to be in some of those games as close as they were.

I do not think there is another coach they could bring in that would get any better results than Moffat has had.

• Like 1

Van's past 5 years playoff results:

2015 - lost 48-41 to LE (LE lost in the QUARTER FINALS to Argyle)

2014 - lost to Paris 30-23 (Paris lost in 3rd round to LE)

2013 -lost to Kilgore 49-7 (Kilgore went on to lose to Carthage in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME )

2012 - lost to Henderson 48-21 (Henderson went on to lose IN THE SEMIS to Gilmer)

2011 - lost to Gilmer 57-40 (Gilmer went on 2 more rounds before losing to Arglye)

Seriously people. Look at who they lost to and how far those teams went on. They aren't losing to scrub teams who are losing in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

Those are 5 tough first round opponents. I don't think you can fault Moffatt. He's working with the talent he's given. Not many teams have the speed to compete with any of those. If you line Van and any of those other teams up side by side there would be no comparison of who looks the part. Van has done a heck of a job to be in some of those games as close as they were.

I do not think there is another coach they could bring in that would get any better results than Moffat has had.

Couldn't have said it better. I agree 100%

I agree well said, I personally feel he has done an ok job. I must also say that if my memory is correct the 2014 and 2011 teams had high state ranks with the 2011 team possibly being one of the more talented teams to come through Van. With that being said, you can't help to think that one playoff win between those two teams is an indicator of future post season success

I agree well said, I personally feel he has done an ok job. I must also say that if my memory is correct the 2014 and 2011 teams had high state ranks with the 2011 team possibly being one of the more talented teams to come through Van. With that being said, you can't help to think that one playoff win between those two teams is an indicator of future post season success

I believe you are correct. A few of those teams were ranked pretty high. And I agree, if they had of one one of those it could have changed a lot. But again, I don't feel that the talent level in Van is high enough to consistently contend with Gilmer, LE, Paris, etc. Lucky for Van though, they are always in a district with the far west teams, so they get a break playing Athens, Kaufman, Canton, etc. If they were in a district with Pittsburg, Henderson, Gilmer, Chapel Hill, etc they would be fighting for a playoff spot every year. Not contending for a district championship.