Week Two: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview @ Marshall  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it.....

So basically Marshall has no chance. Longview coming off a Rivalry loss (never a good thing) upset by Marshall last year (horrible thing), and it's at Lobo and add the fact Marshall was beat by a average at best Tyler Lee. Anything less than 5 touchdowns spread would be a disappointment.

Upsets happen especially in rivalry games I sincerely hope for a better showing. 56- 17 type game is probably happening.

stop while you're ahead Sir...

So basically Marshall has no chance. Longview coming off a Rivalry loss (never a good thing) upset by Marshall last year (horrible thing), and it's at Lobo and add the fact Marshall was beat by a average at best Tyler Lee. Anything less than 5 touchdowns spread would be a disappointment.

Upsets happen especially in rivalry games I sincerely hope for a better showing. 56- 17 type game is probably happening.

I seriously wanna know why you think they will score 17 points on Lv. If it hadn't been for a long kick return that got them down to about the 5 yard line, they would have NEVER scored!!!

I'm thinking it will be like 38-7 or 41-7. Something like that in favor of the lobos. Then again, Marshall may come out p!ssed too playing better. Who knows. Lv doesn't have a good passing attack. If the defense can tackle better than we did and offense can somehow move the ball, maybe they can keep it close. I doubt it, but you never know. Marshall does have a good coaching staff and some talented players. Something is also telling me that they won't just lay down and take a beating like in past seasons at home, maybe it's something that I ate last night at ihop and I'm wrong. Don't know, logic says...blowout and 38-7 or 41-7 type of game, but I guess we'll see next week...

Lv doesn't have a good passing attack.

There's no doubt that our passing attack was not good last night, but I have a feeling Wiley will settle in later in the season and it will be productive.

We had a lot of guys open that he just simply overshot last night.

Polk was pretty ineffective last night so that's why White got most of the carries. I expect Longview to look a lot better going into Maverick next Friday.

I seriously wanna know why you think they will score 17 points on Lv. If it hadn't been for a long kick return that got them down to about the 5 yard line, they would have NEVER scored!!!

We will undoubtedly give up an over the top home run play, since that has become a theme the past couple of seasons.

Will Marshall be uploading games again this season? Very interested to see what they look like. I didn't realize they gave up over 400 yards rushing last night. Wow.

Kings goal must not be to win first games... The passing attack which is 90% deep passes is not good for young qbs trying to get confidence early.... Frustrating.... Lufkin was getting crushed by the running game .... No roll out passes.... Just very bizarre play calling.....no jet sweeps.... No qb draws...... Just run or throw deep...... Looks like every year we are going to break in a senior qb with no experience.... Not going to work well at 6 a level...... This was an identical game to Marshall last year..... Run at will but passing just to pass especially early pretty much keeps team from winning! ..... Oline looked great even with out one of its best players which is due back.. Young defense played ok overall other than some broken plays..... But geez.... The refs were obviously helping lufkin out... It's a shame to be honest..... They either propelled lufkin on a drive or tried to keep Longview from scoring..... The interference call was awfull..... Not one all game til then.... This is why lufkin can't win in playoffs....no ref help ! No holding calls on lufkin?

No interference calls? No personal foul calls??? Haaaaa ...... If I was predicting which team will get better and which is pretty much who they are..... Longview will definatley be the team thT gets better..... Lufkin looks like it's either a broken play for a big play or nothing..... Lufkins D was getting steamrolled ..... So we will see in 9 weeks!!!!

I'll agree that Lufkin absolutely lived off broken plays. If Rogers gets hurt, they're in big trouble. He was the difference maker, obviously, last night. Looked like Duffey part 3 for the Lobos tbh. Had him dead to rights numerous times, but he made it happen four times.

But it wasn't like the Marshall 2015 game at all. This is the time to work on the passing game, though I agree that just sending a deep bomb play out there isn't the way to go either. On the big holding call late in the 3rd quarter, we set up the pick perfectly. But outside of that, it was very disappointing.

Our clock management continues to be an issue, wasting two timeouts on the same drive because they can't get the play in. Two timeouts that would've been huge later in the 4th quarter.

I wouldn't say the refs were helping the Pack out though, they let the kids play outside of that horrendous pass interference call that the guy 35 yards away made (despite the other ref standing right there watching it happen no throwing his flag). Only reason they called it is because the Lp player threw his hands up after the ball hit the ground. Horrible call, and it definitely gave Lufkin second life to finish the game off.

Onto Marshall though. Lobos have a lot to work on. As I said, I expect Wiley and company to look a lot better this week.

Also.... The point about Marshall game was that we could run at will but the passing constantly cost the Lobos momentum... Usually due to passing deep when no need..... You can't have the inept passing every year early in 6a.... There will be no pine trees to work on out passing game.....just looks totally a mess....a running Qb woukd fit this offense much much better!

Isn't that helping them out??? Ha......tell me this.... How many penalties did lufkin have in key moments?

It was 5 to 5 overall.

Most of Lufkin's were offside calls (which there should've been more of).

2 of Longview's 5 I would disagree with (other one was the holding call on that late 3rd Q drive).

I find it hard to believe Lufkin didn't hold a couple of those times when Rogers was scrambling like crazy, but meh. Isn't why we lost the game at all.