Gladewater @ Kilgore

Gwbears24

Gladewater @ Kilgore   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have winning this game

We hold a grudge against many & pity those who can't hang...I am still grudging against Kilgore of 2008 & 2013, Navasota 2012, Argyle several times, Atlanta several times...I am old & I can come up with plenty of others...we are on our 103 yr of football...a lot has happened...we are in the payback mode...why don't we have y'all on our schedule?

I guess so yall dont have to hold another grudge..😉

Yes, the Bears didn't throw but once Friday night (penalty on play so didn't count), but they only had 3 series with the ball. First series was only 2 plays (runs of 7 & 66 yards) and scored. 2nd series was a 6 play drive that ended with a fumble. On that drive the Bears avg 3.8 yards a carry. On last series Bears had a 15 play drive that ended in a 27 yard FG. In that drive they had 5 first downs and 2 fumbles they recovered. Only play that they didn't pick up first down was on a 3rd & 9 at Carthage's 14 yrd line. Maybe could have thrown then but also maybe coaches wanted to try FG. There might have been other times in the game other teams might have thrown the ball but with our RBs we don't always have to.

• Like 1

Kilgore scored 35 on Gladewater last year and have 8 returning on offense. ;) ..its very possible they score 42 ..well, granted we don't turn the ball over or kill drives with penalties...but, I don't care what they score as long as its more than Gladewater

Kilgore scored 35 on Gladewater last year and have 8 returning on offense. ;) ..its very possible they score 42 ..well, granted we don't turn the ball over or kill drives with penalties...but, I don't care what they score as long as its more than Gladewater

GW defense seems to be lots better this year . Basically returning the whole team . Not saying it won't happen, but last year was probably a easier road to 40 .

GW defense seems to be lots better this year . Basically returning the whole team . Not saying it won't happen, but last year was probably a easier road to 40 .

I'm going with this yr especially now that Kilgore has more GM's under their belt with the new Offense and they r running it great now.

EAST TEXAS PLEASE LISTEN: GLADEWATER DOES NOT THROW THE BALL VERY OFTEN! IF THEY THROW IT MORE THAN 5 TIMES A GAME SOMETHING CRAZY IS HAPPENING! AGAIN I REPEAT GLADEWATER DOES NOT THROW THE BALL VERY OFTEN!!! THEY DONT BECAUSE FOR THE MOST PART THEY DONT HAVE TO.... OH IN CASE YALL DIDNT HEAR, GLADEWATER DOES NOT THROW THE BALL VERY OFTEN!

• Like 1

GWBears24, yes, Nacs defense I believe was just that good...I mean Kilgore made a ton of mistakes and never really put themselves in good field position either to get into any kind of rhythm.... .but, overall Nac was just really good...real good Dline!!!!...and I truly believe Gladewater is not going to be on the same level as Nac was..unless, y'all have some Daylon Macks nobody knows about ;)...also, Kilgore struggled against Nac last year too and didn't against Gladewater...so, again..not saying its guaranteed we run up and down the field on Gladewater, but I like our chances better this week then last...should be an exciting game though!!