Gladewater @ Kilgore

Gwbears24

Gladewater @ Kilgore   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have winning this game

EAST TEXAS PLEASE LISTEN: GLADEWATER DOES NOT THROW THE BALL VERY OFTEN! IF THEY THROW IT MORE THAN 5 TIMES A GAME SOMETHING CRAZY IS HAPPENING! AGAIN I REPEAT GLADEWATER DOES NOT THROW THE BALL VERY OFTEN!!! THEY DONT BECAUSE FOR THE MOST PART THEY DONT HAVE TO.... OH IN CASE YALL DIDNT HEAR, GLADEWATER DOES NOT THROW THE BALL VERY OFTEN!

Haha anyone that doesn't know this just hasn't seen Gladewater football. Last year when we where up 21-0, it completely threw us off when Gladewater threw like 4 times in a row. So surprised, it subsequently diminished our lead and made it a tight ball game till the end.

GWBears24, yes, Nacs defense I believe was just that good...I mean Kilgore made a ton of mistakes and never really put themselves in good field position either to get into any kind of rhythm.... .but, overall Nac was just really good...real good Dline!!!!...and I truly believe Gladewater is not going to be on the same level as Nac was..unless, y'all have some Daylon Macks nobody knows about ;)...also, Kilgore struggled against Nac last year too and didn't against Gladewater...so, again..not saying its guaranteed we run up and down the field on Gladewater, but I like our chances better this week then last...should be an exciting game though!!

I think this is going to be an exciting game as well .. I HOPE we do not allow 42 points cause that is defiantly not into our favor. I will say I'm ready to see a complete game out of the Bears and just hope it's a competitive and injury free game .

I really don't think Kilgore will score 42 either, but I do think we win this one :)...no doubt Gladewater will be a good hard nosed team and Kilgore better be ready to play!!!!...I just want to see us compete and perform at a high level like I believe this team should.... also, that both teams stay injury free

i believe gladewater will win IF they control the football by not turning it over.... we had at least 3 fumbles last week and lost one of them.... i want gladewater to continue running the ball but i wish they would do it out of shotgun with the speedy Callaway playing QB the FB dive/qb keep just has to happen so quick that i believe inexperienced qb's get flustered and pull when they should give and vice versa..... i want a shotgun formation with mcknight on one side of callaway and davis on the other, with hawley running wr sweeps basically i want a spread running team instead of our downhill running technique but hey it usually works so i am not going to sit here and complain about it

i believe gladewater will win IF they control the football by not turning it over.... we had at least 3 fumbles last week and lost one of them.... i want gladewater to continue running the ball but i wish they would do it out of shotgun with the speedy Callaway playing QB the FB dive/qb keep just has to happen so quick that i believe inexperienced qb's get flustered and pull when they should give and vice versa..... i want a shotgun formation with mcknight on one side of callaway and davis on the other, with hawley running wr sweeps basically i want a spread running team instead of our downhill running technique but hey it usually works so i am not going to sit here and complain about it

Well I'm guessing that's why your not the Offensive Co. for GW maybe the coach calling the formations and plays has tried it and it doesn't bode well for the personnel on the field. There are different reasons to why coaches don't use certain players and formations and plays. Trust me it's not to make u mad why your sitting in the stands. JMO!!!!

Now onto the gm GW u ready to meet #3 he is going to be their worst nightmare.

Well I'm guessing that's why your not the Offensive Co. for GW maybe the coach calling the formations and plays has tried it and it doesn't bode well for the personnel on the field. There are different reasons to why coaches don't use certain players and formations and plays. Trust me it's not to make u mad why your sitting in the stands. JMO!!!!

#3 is going to be tough to contain and if allowed he will get out on you in a hurry !! One good thing about it , is our defense goes against a very fast and athletic QB every day so hopefully that'll help come game time . As for running out of shotgun , I think it's coming but is just being worked in slowly .

I have Gladewater picked to win this one. I just think Gladewater's run game and clock chewing is just too much. You have a very short amount of time to stop them from getting back to the line of scrimmage with the formations they run, so if you don't win on the line every time, they will just beat you down.

FROM THE LONGVIEW NEWS JOURNAL: Twitter-sized preview: Former district foes Kilgore and Gladewater know each other well. Both prefer to play smashmouth ball. The big guys up front settle this one.

I agree and I'm going with the big guys from Kilgore to settle it with a victory.

FROM THE LONGVIEW NEWS JOURNAL: Twitter-sized preview: Former district foes Kilgore and Gladewater know each other well. Both prefer to play smashmouth ball. The big guys up front settle this one.

I agree and I'm going with the big guys from Kilgore to settle it with a victory.

I didn't ask to be the o coordinator i just stated what I would like to see..... i know the coaches know more than I do, I'm not naive..... but thanks for your assessment of my comment

#3 is going to be tough to contain and if allowed he will get out on you in a hurry !! One good thing about it , is our defense goes against a very fast and athletic QB every day so hopefully that'll help come game time . As for running out of shotgun , I think it's coming but is just being worked in slowly .

Well said...

Gladewater gets stopped on their first two possessions.

Kilgore scores on their first two possessions. 1st score was a Buddy Jackson run on their first offensive snap.

Gladewater puts together a scoring drive.

Kilgore throws pick Bears return to the two where the O punches it in in two plays.

Kilgore scores again on a nice drive.

Gladewater punts to Kilgore.

Bulldogs are driving for another TD when a huge Bear hit pops the ball out that Gladewater recovers.

Gladewater gets to about the Kilgore 45 before punting.

Kilgore takes a knee to end the half.

Did I miss anything?