Gladewater @ Kilgore

Gwbears24

Gladewater @ Kilgore   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have winning this game

Gladewater gets stopped on their first two possessions.

Kilgore scores on their first two possessions. 1st score was a Buddy Jackson run on their first offensive snap.

Gladewater puts together a scoring drive.

Kilgore throws pick Bears return to the two where the O punches it in in two plays.

Kilgore scores again on a nice drive.

Gladewater punts to Kilgore.

Bulldogs are driving for another TD when a huge Bear hit pops the ball out that Gladewater recovers.

Gladewater gets to about the Kilgore 45 before punting.

Kilgore takes a knee to end the half.

Did I miss anything?

Nope u nailed it. Now if Kilgore can clean up those turnovers in the second half its going to be a long night for GW hopefully...

Watching this game I felt like Kilgore was 2-3 TD's better than Gladewater... but we just never were able to separate from them. They hung around and lulled us to sleep with that offense and then TKO'd us in the final minutes. Disappointing.

I thought GW was pretty good, not great. Calloway fooled me several times when he pulled it... he's a bit of a magician. Your tailback looked a lot bigger than I remember him.... maybe a little too big.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Watching this game I felt like Kilgore was 2-3 TD's better than Gladewater... but we just never were able to separate from them. They hung around and lulled us to sleep with that offense and then TKO'd us in the final minutes. Disappointing.

I thought GW was pretty good, not great. Calloway fooled me several times when he pulled it... he's a bit of a magician. Your tailback looked a lot bigger than I remember him.... maybe a little too big.

Good luck the rest of the way.

That's exactly what Gladewater does. Like I said, if you don't win on the line of scrimmage 2-3 times per set of downs, you won't stop them. They'll put together a 8 minute drive with ease if you let them. And they run with big guys, guys that teams like Kilgore would only start as a defensive end or something of that sort.

You do know Kilgore used to play the same style smash mouth run it down your throat offense...so last night was nothing new to us...just too many mistakes..turnovers and missed tackles was the difference..nothing against Gladewater..they were very scrappy..but, if Kilgore dont make the mistakes they did..that game is probably not even close..but,Gladewater deserved to win..they never gave up and took advantage of our mistakes...Best of luck to them the rest of the way!!

You do know Kilgore used to play the same style smash mouth run it down your throat offense...so last night was nothing new to us...just too many mistakes..turnovers and missed tackles was the difference..nothing against Gladewater..they were very scrappy..but, if Kilgore dont make the mistakes they did..that game is probably not even close..but,Gladewater deserved to win..they never gave up and took advantage of our mistakes...Goodluck the rest of the way!!

If they didn't make the mistakes though, I wouldn't think it was Kilgore playing.

You do know Kilgore used to play the same style smash mouth run it down your throat offense...so last night was nothing new to us...just too many mistakes..turnovers and missed tackles was the difference..nothing against Gladewater..they were very scrappy..but, if Kilgore dont make the mistakes they did..that game is probably not even close..but,Gladewater deserved to win..they never gave up and took advantage of our mistakes...Best of luck to them the rest of the way!!

If you are talking about Kilgore mistakes as fumbles & interceptions then those were in the first half. After Kilgore opened the 2nd half with a 64 yard TD run, the Bears defense shut down the Bulldog offense the rest of game only allowing 22 total yards. Except for a 5 yard penalty during that time Kilgore didn't make any mistakes unless they were ones that only the coaches would know such as missed blocks, wrong routes, break down in plays. In the first half yes the Bulldogs got hurt on the interception and the fumble stopped a 2 play drive that was in Bear territory. Penalties only hurt y'all on the kickoff return to start the series that ended in the Bear interception return. If not for that penalty maybe the interception would have happened in Bear territory instead of Bulldog. The other couple of penalties didn't hurt y'all. I think y'all had a couple of overthrown passes although if I'm not mistaken on one of those drives y'all scored anyway despite the overthrow. The missed tackles are bad but they happened on both sides. Your QB & RB are slippery and make defenses miss as do our backs.

All that being said Kilgore has a much better team than their record shows. They have plenty of speed and lots of talent. Their defensive line definitely kept our RB's in check most of night. We average 6.4 a run but had three 30+ runs that helped that avg. Tale those away and we avg 3.4 yards a carry. Y'all took away our kickoff returns by keeping the ball away from our speed. I thought overall the Bulldogs are a really good team.

Someone mentioned one of our backs weighing too much. Lol, actually it's the white uniforms. They look slimmer in black.

Good luck to the Bulldogs!