Oklahoma at Houston  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

OU must pressure and contain Greg Ward with their front four. They can't waste linebackers because the DBs need all the help they can get. On offense, the Sooners have to establish the running game. Samaje Perine needs to be the bell cow. Run the ball. Up the middle. Control the clock. Run the ball. Kill the body, the head will die. Run the ball.

I think Houston matches them score for score early on, but Oklahoma takes over down the stretch.

Sooners win 45-38.

45-20, OU.

Not too worried about Houston. Ward is great, RB is decent. Ed Oliver is a stud and will have some "wow" moments, but is still a true freshman.

They won't have their best WR. OL is almost completely new. Secondary was trash last year and likely isn't any better.

Idk, I'm not going to put too much stock in the FSU bowl win. Great win, no doubt, but let's not act like a bowl game has ever been a remotely good indicator of things to come for any team (FSU wouldn't be ranked #4 if they were).

Houston will come out fired up. I think Mayfield will have his guys ready too. I know the team isn't overlooking UH. They know they need to take care of business. I think having Kyler Murray run scout for Greg Ward will have benefited the OU DL too.

I think its probably 7-3 either way after the first. Maybe 17-14 at halftime and then its just a route from there for OU. Unless Mayfield gets knocked out of the game, and even then if we just run the ball, I don't see how OU loses this game.

• Like 1