The Smoakhouse Forums

Oklahoma at Houston  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

1446859_630x354.jpg

Who wins, and why? What's your score prediction?

OU must pressure and contain Greg Ward with their front four. They can't waste linebackers because the DBs need all the help they can get. On offense, the Sooners have to establish the running game. Samaje Perine needs to be the bell cow. Run the ball. Up the middle. Control the clock. Run the ball. Kill the body, the head will die. Run the ball.

I think Houston matches them score for score early on, but Oklahoma takes over down the stretch.

Sooners win 45-38.

I think Houston will score points on Oklahoma, but I don't think they will be able to stop Oklahoma's offense at all.

OU 40-35

I really don't expect this to be close kinda surprised it's a early game.

UH 36

OU 34

**HOMER PICK**

I'm hoping the Cougs take it, but I think OU is going to be too much for them. OU 31 UofH 24

**HOMER PICK**

I don't live anywhere NEAR Houston.......:p

I don't live anywhere NEAR Houston....... :P

It's Texas you're a next door neighbor. If you lived up North or in East Texas I wouldn't say that. Ol' Possum was from Saratoga.

It's Texas you're a next door neighbor. If you lived up North or in East Texas I wouldn't say that. Ol' Possum was from Saratoga.

And lived in Colmesneil for several years.........:)

Houston 38

OU 31

I don't have any good reason why just that I think Houston will see this as an audition for the big 12 and pull out all the stops.

I'm hoping the Cougs take it, but I think OU is going to be too much for them. OU 31 UofH 24

Yep. I'm hoping the Coogs pull it out but the depth factor leans toward OU.

I'm with Matthias. I think Houston hangs with OU during the first half and then OU opens up a lead in the 2nd half. OU 48 Hou 35

I kinda rooting for Houston but expect Ou to win.

45-20, OU.

Not too worried about Houston. Ward is great, RB is decent. Ed Oliver is a stud and will have some "wow" moments, but is still a true freshman.

They won't have their best WR. OL is almost completely new. Secondary was trash last year and likely isn't any better.

Idk, I'm not going to put too much stock in the FSU bowl win. Great win, no doubt, but let's not act like a bowl game has ever been a remotely good indicator of things to come for any team (FSU wouldn't be ranked #4 if they were).

Houston will come out fired up. I think Mayfield will have his guys ready too. I know the team isn't overlooking UH. They know they need to take care of business. I think having Kyler Murray run scout for Greg Ward will have benefited the OU DL too.

I think its probably 7-3 either way after the first. Maybe 17-14 at halftime and then its just a route from there for OU. Unless Mayfield gets knocked out of the game, and even then if we just run the ball, I don't see how OU loses this game.

• Like 1

Houston couldn't even stop busted plays by OU on the first drive... Houston better hope this isnt a sign of things to come...

Houston's KR is killing their field position...

Horrible play calling by Applewhite in the red zone.