Oklahoma at Houston  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Now I see why the resident sooner's want to leave the conference if UH is invited

C'mon man... yeah, UH won this game fair and square, but let's not pretend like this is some sorta Ali/Frazier matchup that OU has been ducking or something.

Houston looks good this year, congrats. You soundly beat an OU team that (obviously) has a lot of holes to fill. Again, kudos.

But a single game's outcome is not the only factor at play here.

I've said since last year that I'm not as impressed with Mayfield as most others seem to be. I got reamed for it when I said he wasn't worthy of being Heisman, lol

Baker Mayfield 24-for-33 323yds 2tds 0int

Baker wasn't the problem.

Baker Mayfield 24-for-33 323yds 2tds 0int

Baker wasn't the problem.

The only problem OU had this game was the meltdown on turnovers... Nothing Bob Stoops could do the prevent all of those fumbles. Even the one Mayfield had, he tucked it with 2 hands, and the defender just got enough of it to get it out. Houston made the most of those turnovers and should be able to easily crash the dance with their conference...

C'mon man... yeah, UH won this game fair and square, but let's not pretend like this is some sorta Ali/Frazier matchup that OU has been ducking or something.

Houston looks good this year, congrats. You soundly beat an OU team that (obviously) has a lot of holes to fill. Again, kudos.

But a single game's outcome is not the only factor at play here.

sarcasm

On offense, the Sooners have to establish the running game. Samaje Perine needs to be the bell cow. Run the ball. Up the middle. Control the clock. Run the ball. Kill the body, the head will die. Run the ball.

Perine only 6 carries + Mixon only 6 carries = OU loss.

This cockamamie delay running it out of the shotgun is bullcrap. OU made no effort to establish the run, they were going for homeruns on 1st and 2nd down, then trying bubble screens on 3rd down. That #### wouldn't even work on Madden.

• Like 1

Perine only 6 carries + Mixon only 6 carries = OU loss.

This cockamamie delay running it out of the shotgun is bullcrap. OU made no effort to establish the run, they were going for homeruns on 1st and 2nd down, then trying bubble screens on 3rd down. That #### wouldn't even work on Madden.

It drives me crazy that we won't run the ball.

We should run the ball 40 times a game. I don't care if we run the "air raid" or not.

• Like 1

I'm not reading through the thread but am I crazy by saying Herman is a top 5 coach?

I'd say he is after today's victory. He's worked wonders down here with a lot of local talent. The Cougs looked a little rough starting out, but they pulled through in the third quarter. I would go on a limb, and say OU tries to nix Houston's invite to the Big XII after that loss. Houston was ranked too low by the AP. I think they're a top 10 team, and could make a run at the playoff. The only play 3 more solid teams with Cincinnati, Navy, and Louisville. I hope they run the table.

• Like 1

I'd say he is after today's victory. He's worked wonders down here with a lot of local talent. The Cougs looked a little rough starting out, but they pulled through in the third quarter. I would go on a limb, and say OU tries to nix Houston's invite to the Big XII after that loss. Houston was ranked too low by the AP. I think they're a top 10 team, and could make a run at the playoff. The only play 3 more solid teams with Cincinnati, Navy, and Louisville. I hope they run the table.

They are a playoff lock after that win. OU is not a school that would block them out of vengeance... it will be for the same reasons we have beat into the ground so hard that its now protruding out of China....

• Like 1

They are a playoff lock after that win. OU is not a school that would block them out of vengeance... it will be for the same reasons we have beat into the ground so hard that its now protruding out of China....

I don't know about that. They're in a lousy conference, and it would take a miracle for them to make it to the playoff even if they run the table. I think even a 1 loss power 5 team would jump them, but it better not be OU if they end up with only 1 loss.

It drives me crazy that we won't run the ball.

We should run the ball 40 times a game. I don't care if we run the "air raid" or not.

Wasn't that the complaint by OU fans after last year's loss to UT? Is it Riley's tendencies to throw even when the running game is working?

• Like 1

They better not thump their chests too much about this win. If Stoops doesn't get some radically improved preparation/adjustments out of his staff, a ten-point loss in Houston will be the least of our losses.

They still have to play Louisville in November.