Oklahoma at Houston  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Wasn't that the complaint by OU fans after last year's loss to UT? Is it Riley's tendencies to throw even when the running game is working?

YES!!!

I mean, I hate to sound ungrateful, the kid's a baby genius and all, but GOOD LORD!!! We've got thunder and lightning RBs, WHY DON'T WE USE THEM!!!

Mixon's a fine receiver, and perfect for change of pace plays, but COME ON, why aren't we making teams stop the run FIRST? Then air it out? I mean, geeez. My junior high coach knows that much.

I don't know about that. They're in a lousy conference, and it would take a miracle for them to make it to the playoff even if they run the table. I think even a 1 loss power 5 team would jump them, but it better not be OU if they end up with only 1 loss.

Houston is in if they run the table IMO. The playoff was designed for this scenario of an undefeated mid major with a quality win to get their chance.

YES!!!

I mean, I hate to sound ungrateful, the kid's a baby genius and all, but GOOD LORD!!! We've got thunder and lightning RBs, WHY DON'T WE USE THEM!!!

Mixon's a fine receiver, and perfect for change of pace plays, but COME ON, why aren't we making teams stop the run FIRST? Then air it out? I mean, geeez. My junior high coach knows that much.

UH did stop the run. But only for a couple series and OU really never came back to it.

They still have to play Louisville in November.

The lock part was meant if they win out. They will still face some solid teams in conference that will help secure the spot if they win out... If they win out, I don't see any way that the committee thinks they aren't one of the 4 best teams in the nation.

It's way too early to talking about playoffs and titles. Just a couple of years ago the Coogs were 1 game away from a BCS berth and got beat. Yes different teams but waaaaayyyyyy too early to think we know what is down the road. Great job Coogs

The lock part was meant if they win out. They will still face some solid teams in conference that will help secure the spot if they win out... If they win out, I don't see any way that the committee thinks they aren't one of the 4 best teams in the nation.

Even if they run the table, I think 5 one loss P5 conference champions would be considered first. Unless one is OU.

Boy was I wrong. Very impressed with Houston's line play for the most part. As usual with Stoops, puzzling sometimes to see how completely unprepared we are to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses and mask our own. Defense was a bit more undisciplined than you'd expect in an opener. You can make those mistakes and penalties against a scrub, but Houston made us pay.

I saw a lot of good things. Mayfield is still Mayfield. Mixon and Mark Andrews are going to be a big presence this season. Perine is Perine. Offensive and defensive line will come together. Secondary will grow up. After seeing TCU's defensive struggles, I am less worried about that game. If OU is 3-2 after the Texas game with losses to two top 10 teams, it isn't the end of the world. If we are somehow 4-1, this loss will already be a distant memory.

Props to Houston though. They came ready to play.

The Texas lost last year lit a fire under this team. If that has the same effect this year starting in week 2, we will be okay.

Boy was I wrong. Very impressed with Houston's line play for the most part. As usual with Stoops, puzzling sometimes to see how completely unprepared we are to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses and mask our own. Defense was a bit more undisciplined than you'd expect in an opener. You can make those mistakes and penalties against a scrub, but Houston made us pay.

I saw a lot of good things. Mayfield is still Mayfield. Mixon and Mark Andrews are going to be a big presence this season. Perine is Perine. Offensive and defensive line will come together. Secondary will grow up. After seeing TCU's defensive struggles, I am less worried about that game. If OU is 3-2 after the Texas game with losses to two top 10 teams, it isn't the end of the world. If we are somehow 4-1, this loss will already be a distant memory.

Props to Houston though. They came ready to play.

The Texas lost last year lit a fire under this team. If that has the same effect this year starting in week 2, we will be okay.

I don't think Texas will be in the top 10 until after they beat OU but I like your confidence in us!

Two things we know for sure after yesterday.

Tom Herman can flat out coach!

Tom Herman's wife is flat out HOT!

I think having a hot wife is a requirement for a quality HC. If you can't recruit top notch talent in your life, why should we expect you to recruit top notch talent to your team? ;)
  • Like 1

The Coogs dline was impressive. The true freshman high school all American is a beast. I can see why he was ranked so high. He carries 290lbs very well. Mayfield took some big shots from the Cougar defense, he needs to learn to slide or won't make it the whole season.

Typical OU..start out hyped but can't back it up. IDK why that it is but seems like every time they start out ranked high they falter. Usually their good seasons come when they start with lower expectations. Which is why I picked Houston to win.

Typical OU..start out hyped but can't back it up. IDK why that it is but seems like every time they start out ranked high they falter. Usually their good seasons come when they start with lower expectations. Which is why I picked Houston to win.

Troll alert! Seriously dude? Did OU not make it too the playoffs last year? And how far was your team from making it? I try and root for all the Texas teams with my SFA degree but your out of line here bud.