WEEK 3 : Tatum @ Chapel Hill

Tatum_DirtyBird

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Have to admit it is a little surprising; but its hardly a scientific poll, of course. East Texas folks have a record of dealing more on their hunches and gut feelings. Sometimes theyre wrong, but most times theyre right.

I suspect that when the number-crunchers and the keyboard pounders many of whom live in a faraway land of no pines come out with their prognostics, then the game will be considered more or less a toss-up. Most of those folks will throw a point or two CHs way due to enrollment differential and a point or two due to home field advantage.

Personally, I seldom question East Texan fans on their knowledge or their hunches cause East Texans been more or less surviving on common sense, hunches, and gut feeling since before Sam Houston used home field advantage at San Jacinto. Like I said, these are generally serious, informed, and avid fans who are sometimes theyre wrong, but most times right.

Their weakness, if you consider it a weakness (personally I dont), is that they are inherently faithful and loyal to their community and their school; and if they cut themselves shaving, they tend to bleed in school colors. Because of this, I would suspect that if you strolled through the Smoaky poll and discarded all those votes by folks with a dog in the hunt, you'd probably find the predictions that were left to be much more in matching the toss-up theory.

Excellent post. I don't have a Dawg in the fight, but I believe Tatum gets back in the win column again this week - 40-31 final.

The CH QB telegraphed both the pick 6's. Tatum will do the same if he does not mix it up a little.

I agree. Our sophomore QB needs some time under his belt along with a young oline.

I just don't think WH is getting the respect they deserve.

Tatum pursues well. They played pretty disciplined football except for a breakdown or two. Namely when Trey Hall broke a long QB keeper. Speaking of Trey. He is a fine young man from a good family. Best of luck to him for the rest of the season. Back to Tatum. I liked the way they hustled and nosed out the football. Far cry better than they were last year. Tatum will win their share of games plus some this year. Mark it down.