WEEK 3 : Tatum @ Chapel Hill

Tatum_DirtyBird

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

CH has a great run game IMO. Our running backs are great. Tough and FAST. We move the ball well running but then we revert back to passing and that's where the turnovers killed us against WH. I believe if we would have stuck to a run heavy game plan the score would have been different. Our defense could have gotten a breather or two.

Defense is the best I've seen in 4 or 5 years.

Should make for a great game. oir offense is looking for their niche.

Point of Emphasis #1:

Five times in two games we had first and goal from inside the five and on those five possessions we came away with nothing.

Four of the five were primarily a result of our own unforced errors.

When you get down there you gotta make em count, especially when you're making a living running the football.

No excuses and take no prisoners. Take the mindset to MAKE IT HAPPEN.

• Like 3

Point of Emphasis #2:

Without a lot of details, let's just say it's been two scrimmages and a pair of games and it is time for everybody to do their part in seeing that this offense

is able to move toward being more two dimensional ... there's not many teams at the 4A level and up that can consistently beat good football teams with a

totally one dimensional attack ... there is absolutely no doubt that the potential is there ... we gotta set our mind to it and make it plays necessary.

Point of Emphasis #3:

After a scrimmage and two home games, we will have to get on the big yellow dog and travel. Not all teams travel well. The routine

is different. Timing is different. The opportunity to lose the concentration and intensity you built during the week is present.

Like I said, not all teams travel well - but the good teams do ...

and if you expect to get to the next level you must be able to win on the road.

Yes, this trip is basically a short one - but it is good experience because there will be longer trips ahead to way bigger games.

Point of Emphasis #4:

How well will the town travel? Someone wiser than me once said "it takes a whole village to raise a child" .... well the same can be said for

a whole team when they are coming off of an uncharacteristically bad season and a recently lost big game. If you've never stood on a sideline,

then let me assure you that even if you don't look up at the crowd, there's sort of a buzz and a hum that still lets you know that your bunch

has got your back. And that's makes a bigger difference than you might think.

(OK, I'm done)

CH has a great run game IMO. Our running backs are great. Tough and FAST. We move the ball well running but then we revert back to passing and that's where the turnovers killed us against WH. I believe if we would have stuck to a run heavy game plan the score would have been different. Our defense could have gotten a breather or two.

Defense is the best I've seen in 4 or 5 years.

I was surprised that CH had more yards passing (357) so far than rushing (324) ...

I was surprised that CH had more yards passing (357) so far than rushing (324) ...

I'm a bit surprised as well...all I can think is that the offensive coordinator is trying to find out the teams strength and identity. CH has always been run first...I see them going back to that after seeing the passing game struggle so much last week. Looking forward to this one!!

I'm a bit surprised as well...all I can think is that the offensive coordinator is trying to find out the teams strength and identity. CH has always been run first...I see them going back to that after seeing the passing game struggle so much last week. Looking forward to this one!!

Hard for me to tell ... sometimes stats can be deceiving ... it might be just that the passing game has produced more big gains than the running game ... but like DKR usta say "There three things that can happen when you pass and two of 'em ain't good" ... sometimes there can be a big difference between effectiveness and efficiency ... this one may be a down home nail biter ... I know the CH OC and he's a good 'un .... and I'm sure he's got a plan - short term and long term ...