Overton at Price-Carlisle

Mr. P

Overton at Carlisle  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Coaches were also made go do "house visits" to all athletes. Including the ones mentioned above.

Yes they did after practice started, to go over the football handbook with all parents...and each parent had to sign off on the handbook so that they knew what the expectations were for practice, behavior, etc... and were left a copy...so terrible. That is the true reason, not what you're implying.

Yeah whf1, I figured yall make an appearance on the ® words being thrown out there pretty regularly in this thread. It's going to get contentious up in here this week I'm afraid. This rivalry is so deeply seated that I've seen altercations at five year old pee wee basketball games, it is what it is... Hope this thread doesn't get locked down, an really hope I don't get throwed in to time out.

As long as there are no recruiting allegations, this thread is fine.....and fun to read......:)

• Like 1

How good or bad is this rivalry? What's the series numbers? Do they fans really hate each other.

Frankly, I don't think this rivalry means much to the kids. Really, the only people keeping it going are a buncha old has-beens. Aside from some tongue-in-cheek jawing on Smoaky, there isn't any real rancor. I've gone to games in multiple sports wearing green and never had any of the Injun faithful so much as look at me crossways. Shoot, the tamale lady tries to chat me up.

Series numbers are about even all-time, though Carlisle's on, like, a dozen-year winning streak. As I said, I don't think the ball game means much to the kids actually playing it.

I hope Overton wins this one. How good or bad is this rivalry? What's the series numbers? Do they fans really hate each other.

Dude it's just as bad in basketball and baseball..hahahaha.. They hate each other during ball season. Funniest thing you'll ever see, talk smack during season but get along fine afterwards.. It's just a vicious rivalry that been going on since they grandfather's played one another.

On second question, o-town usta spank Carlisle pretty regular,along with everyone else that played em.

• Like 1

Daaaaang... why is this vote still so close? C'mon chain, where are the Carlisle posters at? Y'all blowed out the Mounties and Coma-kneel in consecutive weeks, and are favored to win this one by at least 30 points, where's the bravado?

I know you're far too gracious and humble to do much chest thumping, but where's the rest of the Injun nation? No disrespect to you hoss, shoot I know you'd stand up for the Indians if they were playing against the Crimson Tide. Then be right back here the next morning wishing 'Bama good luck the rest of the way. But why's it so quiet in here? There's almost as many Tenaha people here as Carlisle, and even the O-town daddy-coaches are doing some classic razzing about the forbidden "r" word. :P

Other than your usual rational prognostication, IndiansIn07 is the only one who's really putting himself out there... so even though I think he's kind of a ####, I gotta tip my hat. Props to you '07, you're no fairweather fan. thumb-up-facebook-emoticon-like-symbol.p

But where's the rest? They waiting for the game to be played first, before they come in here jawing like they knew all along it was gonna be a blowout? They skeered? You think Strickland's got 'em spooked or something?

Daaaaang... why is this vote still so close? C'mon chain, where are the Carlisle posters at? Y'all blowed out the Mounties and Coma-kneel in consecutive weeks, and are favored to win this one by at least 30 points, where's the bravado?

I know you're far too gracious and humble to do much chest thumping, but where's the rest of the Injun nation? No disrespect to you hoss, shoot I know you'd stand up for the Indians if they were playing against the Crimson Tide. Then be right back here the next morning wishing 'Bama good luck the rest of the way. But why's it so quiet in here? There's almost as many Tenaha people here as Carlisle, and even the O-town daddy-coaches are doing some classic razzing about the forbidden "r" word. :P

Other than your usual rational prognostication, IndiansIn07 is the only one who's really putting himself out there... so even though I think he's kind of a ####, I gotta tip my hat. Props to you '07, you're no fairweather fan. thumb-up-facebook-emoticon-like-symbol.p

But where's the rest? They waiting for the game to be played first, before they come in here jawing like they knew all along it was gonna be a blowout? They skeered? You think Strickland's got 'em spooked or something?

I'm kind of a what Matthias?! Lol

• Like 1

Matt, I don't think there's but a couple left over here, every year thays less and less of us. I know of dozens that have smoaky accounts but never post. Ima come up in here and give an honest and Homer opinion ever time and I don't care if it hairlips Tha pope, or not. After losing 16 seniors to grad most people are at watch and see this year, but me, well sometimes I see things in our boys that strike notes, and indicate to me that teams have gelled or certain progressions are being met and sometimes exceeded. This team is well on its way to being super solid a year from now, but what they do this year could be interesting, and somewhat surprising.

• Like 1

I'm kind of a what Matthias?! Lol

I said I think you're kind of a ####.

Hey! Why is #### censored? Since when is #### a cuss word? There's nothing wrong with calling somebody a ####! Heck, some of my best friends are ####s. I'd be right proud if someone from Carlisle considered me a ####. It's a mighty fine thing to be.

Ima come up in here and give an honest and Homer opinion ever time and I don't care if it hairlips Tha pope, or not.

My mission today is to find an appropriate situation to use the idiom "harlips the pope." I haven't heard someone use that in a coon's age, but my great-uncle used it all the time. Classic. :lol:

You will be seeing something that Overton lacked as well Discipline. Overton will be prepared.

I'm sure they will, had they dropped 30 on Bowie I would be a little more concerned, best they could do was 12. Not dissing just an observation on my part. Holding jb scoreless hasn't been a major concern for team's the last few years, unless Sims Bowie has had a dramatic turn around this year, it would seem as if the Mustang offense is still trying to develop an identity thus far. As for us, yeah we've played JV teams to date, but havnt had our entire offense on the field together at the same time, till this week. Gonna be a different animal so to speak.... Speed, power running and an air game, will be interesting to see if we gell or struggle.. Yep interesting...

• Like 1

After losing 16 seniors to grad most people are at watch and see this year... , but me, well sometimes I see things in our boys that strike notes, and indicate to me that teams have gelled or certain progressions are being met and sometimes exceeded. This team is well on its way to being super solid a year from now, but what they do this year could be interesting, and somewhat surprising.

That's a balanced and rational analysis, but if I may play devil's advocate...

While y'all certainly lost 16 seniors, don't you have, like, 14 returning seniors — including most (if not all) of your linemen? Obviously there were several guys who graduated who were cornerstones of last year's 10-2 Area team, but the cupboard's hardly bare. Plus, from what I've seen, it looks like y'all upgraded in the backfield.

If I recall, last season you guys were a bit slow out the gate. I mean, you won your first six games, but they were fairly competitive matchups (early on) with scores that were something like 35-7 each week. But in your first two weeks this season, you're averaging 50 points a game. Granted, the opposition's been mediocre, but I would argue that on film y'all seem far more explosive than at this point last season.

Shoot, if Carlisle followers are playing "watch and see," then what are they waiting for, a 77-0 blowout? :P

That's a balanced and rational analysis, but if I may play devil's advocate...

While y'all certainly lost 16 seniors, don't you have, like, 14 returning seniors including most (if not all) of your linemen? Obviously there were several guys who graduated who were cornerstones of last year's 10-2 Area team, but the cupboard's hardly bare. Plus, from what I've seen, it looks like y'all upgraded in the backfield.

If I recall, last season you guys were a bit slow out the gate. I mean, you won your first six games, but they were fairly competitive matchups (early on) with scores that were something like 35-7 each week. But in your first two weeks this season, you're averaging 50 points a game. Granted, the opposition's been mediocre, but I would argue that on film y'all seem far more explosive than at this point last season.

Shoot, if Carlisle followers are playing "watch and see," then what are they waiting for, a 77-0 blowout? :P

Stop boring me with the facts!

Overton by 20

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE