Overton at Price-Carlisle

Mr. P

Overton at Carlisle  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Might come out to this one friday night, havent been to an Overton & Carlisle game the last few years. Any info on both teams? Was wondering how they are doing, offenses they run, etc.

The Carlisle Indians come in 2-0 having won 45-6 over Mount Enterprise in week 1 and 65-0 over Colmesneil last week. They're ranked #16 in Class 2A. They have 14 returning seniors. They've been to the playoffs for the last three years. They've beaten Overton for ten straight seasons.
The Overton Mustangs come in 1-0 after their season opener (against Union Grove) was canceled due to weather and a narrow 12-0 road win over a winless James Bowie team. They have not finished over .500 since 2012. They have a new coach and are expected to finish next to last in District 11-2A (D-2) and are a heavy underdog in this game.
With the exception of a couple homers on the Smoaky forum, I can't find a single prediction in favor of Overton. The media is unanimous in expecting Carlisle to win. Conservative estimates put the Indians at about a 30-point favorite.

Yep we quick and have a decent run game, passing is good also.. But that defense is truly untested thus far in the season, and Matt, the media crowned a man president once only to have to recant the following morning when the votes were final.. Media goes by what someone else tells them and are habitually wrong brother.. That's a rivals game and ish happens and regularly.. Hahahaha

• Like 1

Man I'm stuck over here at Eastman rite now, may be late getting to Tha game tonight, somebody post scores please till I get there, this ### really bad....

It ain't Eastman, it's eastmans...you forgot the S

Man I'm stuck over here at Eastman rite now, may be late getting to Tha game tonight, somebody post scores please till I get there, this ### really bad....

It ain't Eastman, it's eastmans...you forgot the S

I left at half, work early tomorrow. Was 21 - 0 Carlisle with 3minets left in half, Overton threw two bombs, one down each sidelines for two touchdowns. Safeties standing there watch recievers run by, scratch my damb head.

That's what you get for leaving early. The football gods do not look kindly upon such heresy.