Overton at Price-Carlisle

Mr. P

Overton at Carlisle  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Only thing that ever worries me about opponents is a power running attack, if they get middle yardage it always opens up the edges. Prolly won't see a Tru power running team till Alto, then we know... Then we know... I have a sneaking suspicion that them linebackers and ends gonna do alright tho... But that's jus me.. And yeah Matt we got a bunch of returning upper classmen but as always they are for the most part untested in leadership roles, but somehow our boys seem to step up every year, and that's cause coach is building a decent program over here. I'm positive that if Mr Strickland stays at Overton for a few years they gonna be hard to take down, and will become a small power in d-2.

• Like 1

That's a balanced and rational analysis, but if I may play devil's advocate...

While y'all certainly lost 16 seniors, don't you have, like, 14 returning seniors — including most (if not all) of your linemen? Obviously there were several guys who graduated who were cornerstones of last year's 10-2 Area team, but the cupboard's hardly bare. Plus, from what I've seen, it looks like y'all upgraded in the backfield.

If I recall, last season you guys were a bit slow out the gate. I mean, you won your first six games, but they were fairly competitive matchups (early on) with scores that were something like 35-7 each week. But in your first two weeks this season, you're averaging 50 points a game. Granted, the opposition's been mediocre, but I would argue that on film y'all seem far more explosive than at this point last season.

Shoot, if Carlisle followers are playing "watch and see," then what are they waiting for, a 77-0 blowout? :P

According to preseason media stuff, Carlisle only returned 2 starters both ways. It did not say positions. So most of those returning seniors must not have played much last year, am I correct Chain?

Also, Overton's OC might not know what he has in the Clark kid. Fastest kid on the field no matter who they are playing and he isn't playing any running back....hmmmmm

If so, I doubt Rocky will let him beat him no matter where he lines up. He will probably get hit every play regardless of where the ball is on the field.

His name is Joe Clark and (with the exception of part of his sophomore year) he has attended Overton schools his entire life. What's more, I reckon Rocky knows a few things about defense, so he'd be a fool to overlook any player. I'm sure Carlisle is gameplanning for #3, irrespective of previous games or listed position.

You can bet ya bottom dollar Rocky game planning anyone that can hurt the defense, and has tuned the boys up for those individuals.. It's what good coaches do. And he just may not be the fastest kid on the field Friday night, but I'll leave that up to the fans to decide for themselves,just keep an open mind is all I ask.

• Like 1

According to preseason media stuff, Carlisle only returned 2 starters both ways. It did not say positions. So most of those returning seniors must not have played much last year, am I correct Chain?

Also, Overton's OC might not know what he has in the Clark kid. Fastest kid on the field no matter who they are playing and he isn't playing any running back....hmmmmm

They all played alot for the most part, but weren't in leadership spots for the most part, few were but most were not

• Like 1

Everybody downs Rocky for not playing up in a higher classification during pre district, but the fact that he always plays a JV squad and plays the likes of White Oak, Centers 9th, Timpson Jacksonville 9th etc... is huge. Most of the Juniors and Seniors are seasoned to play varsity every year because of it. My hat is off to what Rocky and company do year in and year out.

• Like 1

The Horn of Helm Hammerhand will sound one last time in the deep...we ride not for rath or for ruin but for Rohan and the red dawn!

This how you got to talk to get them Mustangs fired up. Is that an 8 sided die in your pocket?

Dude... are you high?

That right there is called deflection, pretty sure you know your way around an 8 sided die and got a stash of old Weezer cd's. Hey man, I know what makes you overton guys tick.

My level 8 mage is ready to release blizzaga+ on them Injuns too.

That right there is called deflection, pretty sure you know your way around an 8 sided die and got a stash of old Weezer cd's. Hey man, I know what makes you overton guys tick.

My level 8 mage is ready to release blizzaga+ on them Injuns too.

I roll 10-sides, and Weezer was never my scene... now if you want to put on some Soundgarden, I can mosh with the best of 'em.