Best team you've ever seen?

Lambo

Back in about 2002 there was a team from Preston Idaho. The Preston Indians were very good. They had a backup qb named Rico. I swear that boy could throw a ball clear over those mountains. I would venture to say he could throw a pigskin a quarter mile. They were defeated in the semifinals after some fluke injuries. If coach had put Rico in they would have won state. I think coach was a little put off by his unorthodox throwing motion. On a side note Rico could also grill a mean steak. And became on heck of a door to door salesman. There has always been a part of me that wondered what if???

• Like 1

Back in about 2002 there was a team from Preston Idaho. The Preston Indians were very good. They had a backup qb named Rico. I swear that boy could throw a ball clear over those mountains. I would venture to say he could throw a pigskin a quarter mile. They were defeated in the semifinals after some fluke injuries. If coach had put Rico in they would have won state. I think coach was a little put off by his unorthodox throwing motion. On a side note Rico could also grill a mean steak. And became on heck of a door to door salesman. There has always been a part of me that wondered what if???

wonder no more!

12814263_189202324790480_346904964421251

• Like 1

2013 Aledo Bearkats. When you score over a 1000 points in a season no one is beating you. 2nd best is 2014 Gilmer Buckeyes. When you score over 900 points their is only one team that can beat you. The one who scored over a 1000 points.

• Like 1

2004' Kilgore Bulldogs

That team was so loaded..... 20 players on that roster played college ball. 6 of them were D-1, one of them was a 1st team All-American DE at TCU... and another one got to suit out for the NYJ in a MNF game. One guy chose track over football and was an All-American sprinter at Baylor.

2013 Aledo Bearkats. When you score over a 1000 points in a season no one is beating you. 2nd best is 2014 Gilmer Buckeyes. When you score over 900 points their is only one team that can beat you. The one who scored over a 1000 points.

Aledo wouldn't have scored 3 on '83 Daingerfield.

Aaaannnndd, GO!!!!!!!....

• Like 2

The 2010 LK tigers was one of the most athletic team to choke in the 3rd round to Pewitt....not the best team but probably the best to go home as early as they did

I watched Atlanta beat Jefferson one year probably around 98 or so. Jefferson was good. Up 20+ points at the half. Derrick Blaylock of Atlanta would not be denied. He caught passes, threw passes and ran the ball too. Never seen a kid have to get carried off the field from exhaustion before at the end of the game. I wonder what they said to him at the half. Down 24-0 I think. Wish I had video. Atlanta was good, Jefferson was very good imo. The team with the kids that had the most heart and nothing else left in the tank won that night. Blaylock was amazing to watch.

The best team I have ever seen was 1983 Daingerfield Tigers, number two would be 2008 Carthage Dawgs, number three 2005 Tatum Eagles. Correct me if I am wrong, but Tatum had 9 D1 players on that team (sophomore, juniors, and seniors. 4 of those were drafted or invited in the NFL. Tatum was the smallest team in the state in the 3A classification that beat one of the largest in the state in Hutto.

That team was so loaded..... 20 players on that roster played college ball. 6 of them were D-1, one of them was a 1st team All-American DE at TCU... and another one got to suit out for the NYJ in a MNF game. One guy chose track over football and was an All-American sprinter at Baylor.

+1 yes they were loaded

I'd have to say the 2015 Henderson Lions. I mean they were brave enough to play and beat up on several small schools before getting embarrassed on their new home turf by the Carthage Bulldawgs. This team was so good that they managed to beat Kilgore a team that had beaten Carthage. But what made this team so great was the fact that they were only 1 or 2 plays away from running the table and winning the Lions their second state title. It doesn't matter that they were 7-3- and didn't make they playoffs..LOL

Seriously I'd have to say that the 2010 Carthage "team" was probably the best I've seen and their game against Brownwood that year is still one of the best hs football games i've ever witnessed.

• Like 1

No love for '89-'90 Groveton?

Saw them up close and personal (on the sidelines...well in the pressbox) with Rodney Thomas, Gerald Farley and that BIG HUMONGUS tackle.....they were good...lost to them at home late in the game....and lost to them in Quarterfinals at SFA....for awhile was the largest crowd to witness a game in Homer Bryce Stadium....over 10,000 for a 2A high school football game....they were sitting on the grass in the south endzone True!!!!!

• Like 1