Week Three: South Oak Cliff at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-1) vs South Oak Cliff Golden Bears (0-2)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • South Oak Cliff in a close one
    • South Oak Cliff in a blow out

84 is going have to get you to come down to Abe for that one, since you've never been to it.

oh goody...eff the 14 pts down off the bus.It just became 24 1/2 pts! A playoffs game in Lufkin...and the opponent is Longview...we don't stand a (tobinfrost) chance in hell!!

No they are not .... Offense loses qb, 3 rbs and whole oline..... Defense has more guys playing and rotating yes..... Wil lose 5-6 seniors who play on d...... It's the usual with starting over at Qb.... Next year will be a typical team again.... This year will have a lot of younger guys getting time yes....

oh goody...eff the 14 pts down off the bus.It just became 24 1/2 pts! A playoffs game in Lufkin...and the opponent is Longview...we don't stand a (tobinfrost) chance in hell!!

Not with these Nac chapter refs, back in the day that was definitely true though lol

Since you will be coming to Lobo Stadium. .......😂😂😋

No, no, no and heck no!! Avoiding it like the plague. I suggest the Pack do the same if they want to get out of the first round

No they are not ....

You said 6 full timers are returning on defense next year, when it'll be 8.

Along the defensive line, we'll have all 4 starters back + another 4-5 that are in rotation. We will lose both LB's (Davis and Faggans). The secondary will return 4 (CB Harmon, SS/LB Starling, S Lister and S Andrews).

Offensively, we'll return both starting WR's Perry and Timberlake. Both TE's Brown and Mauldin + our 3rd TE Randall. Gavin Roberts will be the only returner along the offensive line. We'll lose White, Polk and Bush in the backfield but will return Jessie Anderson and others.

And we'll lose Wiley, but if you're unaware of what's coming after him, you've probably been hiding under a rock. We'll lose those pieces in the backfield and offensive line....but this is Longview. We have RB's and Linemen for decades.

We're young with a bunch of potential like it or not. And it helps knowing that majority if not all of the other teams in 11-6A are senior laden teams this year. Meaning we'll be a step ahead of those teams next season.

Ok so I got the subvarsity scores.

Lobo JV B:14 - JT JV B: 0

Lobo JV A: 34 - JT JV A: 0

Lobo Fresh B:18 - JT Fresh B:6

Lobo Fresh A:30 - JT Fresh A:0

Ugly night for JT subvarsity. B-squads are the only squads that played close...lol...smh.

Well, I wasn't kidding a few years ago when I said Longview had some good talent coming up.

It all started with the freshmen that came in 2014 (current juniors). The fish last year (current sophomores) were even better and now we have HK and co as freshmen in 2016.

I'm liking this team this year, but 2017-2019 Lobo teams are shaping up to be special ones.

Yea, Lobos are going to be good again next season. Our JV team played them close in Longview, so I guess that's a good thing for the future of the Pack. I think it was 26-19. Plus when you add in the alumni refs, that's like a tie up there lol. I liked what I saw from the fish and JV teams in the scrimmages and against roaches, so we should be fine. Surprised at those results though, The A teams for JT didn't even score lol. Welp

I am surprised that JT fish didn't even score once. Wasn't there supposed to be a pretty good QB in that class?

well the fish B-team scored...lol. They have a few good players down there. Boulter Middle, which is basically the main feeder to JT, had a very good 8th grade last yr. They won the city title. Their 7th grade last yr was good too. I think JT will be ok, I remember in the past that JT has had horrible Fresh teams, but they were much improved when they got to varsity, but I think its very clear that LV has alot of talent coming up.

The one thing about high school kids, is that sometimes the kids don't make it all the way through to varsity (for several reasons), and sometimes kids peak early and other kids catch up in the back half of high school.... so its sometimes tough to know if having a good fresh squad will translate to varsity. But I think the future is bright for LV.

I am surprised that JT fish didn't even score once. Wasn't there supposed to be a pretty good QB in that class?

JT freshman teams used 4 QBs tonight. Two were playing the position for the first time on the B team. The two used on the A team played the position in middle school. Both A team QBs were running for their lives all game. LV has some good looking defensive kids. Offense is the same without King son, good running game but can't throw.

I know it's subvarsity, but do these games still count for the district standings?

The games tonight were basically live game scrimmages. Teams were put together and players were being rotated every other possession. Once district starts the starters will get most of the playing time.