Week Three: South Oak Cliff at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-1) vs South Oak Cliff Golden Bears (0-2)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • South Oak Cliff in a close one
    • South Oak Cliff in a blow out

I don't doubt anything WP4L or anyone else says about this kid, but is he really that good? If so, if LV can keep the talent together, they will be pretty good over the next few yrs.

No one is saying he's Kyler Murray or anything...but the days of '2-8' completion rates are about to be over..

He'll at least be Bivins Caraway. Can actually see him being on par with Matt Flynn when all is said and done.

No one is saying he's Kyler Murray or anything...but the days of '2-8' completion rates are about to be over..

He'll at least be Bivins Caraway. Can actually see him being on par with Matt Flynn when all is said and done.

A lot of that will depend on the play calls too. If they actually throw in some actual passing calls and not just toss it up every six plays, then sure it'll change.

But if not, welp.

According to their rankonesport page, they only have a varsity

Theres no way SOC only has a varsity. Out of all the years of us playing Dallas teams, I can only remember Allen and Coppell playing our sub varsity in non district. And Allen was the only team that came all the way here as both Coppell games were in the Dallas area.

Theres no way SOC only has a varsity. Out of all the years of us playing Dallas teams, I can only remember Allen and Coppell playing our sub varsity in non district. And Allen was the only team that came all the way here as both Coppell games were in the Dallas area.

https://www.rankonesport.com/Schedules/View_Schedule_All_Web.aspx?P=0&D=A67BF66B-374F-4C40-991B-45DF8305460D&S=113

It's unlikely, but remotely possible.

other DISD schools have subvarsity teams listed, like Seagoville: https://www.rankonesport.com/Schedules/View_Schedule_All_Web.aspx?P=0&D=A67BF66B-374F-4C40-991B-45DF8305460D&S=110 and Lincoln: https://www.rankonesport.com/Schedules/View_Schedule_All_Web.aspx?P=0&D=A67BF66B-374F-4C40-991B-45DF8305460D&S=102&Sp=3

I don't doubt anything WP4L or anyone else says about this kid, but is he really that good?

It's so hard to forecast what 14, 15, 16, and 17-year-old kids are gonna do. You never know how they're going to grow or develop... but if young King just continues on a steady trajectory, he's going to be special. Of course, he's still a skinny freshman, but he's rangy with above-average height. Big hands and feet, almost as tall as his old man. Just needs to keep eating Mrs. Coach King's home cooking and watching film with his daddy. Kid's gonna be special.

I don't doubt anything WP4L or anyone else says about this kid, but is he really that good? If so, if LV can keep the talent together, they will be pretty good over the next few yrs.

1) He's a coach's kid. 2) He's already about 6'1 and growing. 3) He has great rotation and arm strength. 4) His ball accuracy throwing the deep ball is pretty good for his age. 5) His placement is also good for a kid his age. He is not a runner but I'm sure LV can find someone to tote the ball. His teams will be different than any LV team in the past.