Week Three Pleasant Grove Vs Arkansas High For 1st Time in both Schools History

dhoop02

Pleasant Grove vs. Arkansas High  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it....

How you act as if like PG is a top 10 team Paris woudlve beat Pg the last 3 years no offense to PG because they are improving..

Yes, last 3 years Paris would beat PG. Paris lost all of their playmakers, QB, LB, DE, RB. PG should have beat them but didn't. Not at all impressed with AHS. Should be a fun game to see.

Arkansas... And the only reason I pick them is the same reason I'm skeptical about us playing Texas High... They will have much more depth than PG. Both teams will really need the win here, as I think both really struggle to win very many games this year.

• Like 1

PG does not want to play Texas high... I know that someone on here said pg would win state this year but they wouldn't beat Texas high....pg would beat them probably 1 out of 50 times

Wrong. Tried to schedule them this year and Barry wouldn't do it.

Wrong. Tried to schedule them this year and Barry wouldn't do it.

Wrong. Trying and actually doing it are two different things. It would be a discredit to the THS program to play them. Norton has nothing to win or lose from it. Back in my day L-E used to say they would not pla;y them. They finally did and THS beat them 57-0. Could have been 200-0. Athletic dept. caught a lot of flak for that. Times change and L-E is a much improved program. Maybe someday but PG is not ready now.

• Like 1

PG did beat LE in 08 & 09. However, every year after the two prior, LE has straight dominated PG. Hopefully this year will be a great game! As for T-High, they are an average football team for their distirct and classification, but the "big-dog" in Texarkana. Last years LE team probably could have beaten any Texarkana team...by a whole lot! As for T-high and Pleasant Grove, I would say give PG another year to mature.

Now for Arkansas vs. PG this game is a "toss-up". But of course I'm going to have to side with the Grove on this one. I cant quite put my finger on it, but there is just something different about Texas football and Arkansas football. Go Hawks!!!! I'm going to say PG wins by an extra point! Penalties, lack of discipline, and special teams errors will hurt Arkansas in this one.

Or as I meant to say, Norton has nothing to win and plenty to lose by playing PG.

You know, this may be hard to believe, but not all pre-district games are scheduled with a "We have nothing to win and everything to lose" sort of mentality. There are plenty of teams that schedule smaller schools for pre-district. If you need examples, I have plenty. Just saying, there are reasons he didn't schedule it, be it conflicting schedules, venues, any number of reasons, not just the fact that they would have nothing to gain from the game.

That being said, I don't think any of the 4A D2 teams in the general vicinity of Texarkana would beat T-High after seeing them in a scrimmage. They have a pretty seasoned passing game, and a ton of depth. I picked them to beat L-E, even though I am pulling for L-E. Just think they will be too much.