17-5A Season Thread

Nacwagons

2 weeks into the season has the view of the district changed??

WH 2-0 win against Hallsville(0-2) and a win vs CH(1-1).

Nac 1-1 Beat Kilgore(0-2)and lost to 6A LP(2-0).

Ennis 1-1 Beat SOC and lost to 6A JT(2-0).

Cana 1-1 beat Red Oak and lost to 6a REL(2-0).

Lindale 1-1 beat Kaufman and lost to Forney.

Jax 1-1 Beat PT(0-2) lost to 4a Palestine(2-0).

My rankings as of now....

Ennis

Nac

Cana

Lindale

WH

Jax

Week 3

Nac @ Lee

WH @ Carthage

Lindale @ Van

Ennis vs Waxahachie

Cana vs Lancaster

That's probably what I would rank them too. Whitehouse is my wild card. I expected them to be BAD this year and so far they look much better than the last 2 years. Their game against Carthage this week will tell us a lot about them I think.

i have seen whitehouse play and I don't think they are as good as last year. And they went 2-8, plus I just read that whitehouse lost their top 2 running backs for 6 weeks.

i have seen whitehouse play and I don't think they are as good as last year. And they went 2-8, plus I just read that whitehouse lost their top 2 running backs for 6 weeks.

If they aren't as good as last year then they are REALLY bad. (That also means Hallsville is flat awful, they wore them out) And if they lost 2 key players that's a big hit for sure.

Hallsville looked really bad against whitehouse. Maybe it was youth, maybe it was first game stuff idk.

I think hallsville plays a few more teams in 17-5a we will see if week one was just a bad game by them. Definitely not as good as they were last year. I was impressed with hallsville last year.

Hallsville looked really bad against whitehouse. Maybe it was youth, maybe it was first game stuff idk.

I think hallsville plays a few more teams in 17-5a we will see if week one was just a bad game by them. Definitely not as good as they were last year. I was impressed with hallsville last year.

You are right, they play Jacksonville this will. That should give a good look at how Jacksonville and Whitehouse will match up this year.

Week 3 is in the books....Nac and jax are the only two 17-5a schools to win this week.

Standings are

Nac 2-1....beat REL 24-17

Jax 2-1...beat Hallsville 28-13

WH 2-1....lost to Carthage

Cana 1-2....Lost to Lancaster 45-17

Ennis 1-2....Lost to Waxahachie 50-20

Lindale 1-2....Lost to Van 56-14

How is everyone feeling after week 3?? Cana and Ennis both lost big to very good teams. Jax beat a "down" hallsville team. Nac beat an unproven 6a school in Lee on the road. WH and Lindale both lost to good 4a schools. Do we see the district the same as we did 3 weeks ago.

While I still see Ennis as the favorite because they have been here before and it is still early. I think Nac has closed the gap on them. I still think Cana has a say in things. The bottom 3 are a toss up right now.

My rankings after week 3

1. Ennis

2. Nac

3. Cana

4. Jax

5. Whitehouse

6. Lindale

I still think Lindale could take the 4th spot but they are gonna have to pick it up. Last night was horrendous

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. But right now the top 3 look pretty set. Beating Whitehouse and Jacksonville seems realistic. But haven't been impressed in any of their games. Even Kaufman win. We'll see how the finish these last 2 non district games.

I am not sure about that yet. Cana hasn't exactly impressed yet. They struggled in opener .vs a team that has like a 36 game losing streak. I think Cana is still top 3 maybe even top 2, but they could also be in the group of 4 at the bottom as well.

Week 4 Games

Ennis @ Dallas Kimball

Nacogdoches @ Hallsville

Jacksonville @ Mt Pleasant

Whitehouse @ Sulphur Springs

Lindale @ Terrell

Corsicana @ Marshall

My Picks are

Ennis

Nac

Jax

WH

Terrell

Marshall

You obviously havnt seen Marshall this year. We have no trench play. Can't even snap the ball to Qb. We should be on par with the best of East Tx this year. Makes this season hard to watch. Nobody expected us to be evenly matched with Mt P Greenville and Pine Tree.

I knew you have struggled this year, but really in with MP,PT and Greenville??? I have not seen you play but, you haven't exactly played 2A cream puffs.

No but we weren't even competitive with them, when just last year we would have beaten them. Doesn't make sense to fall off that far in one year with same coach and 12 returning starters. It literally looks like we thought we were going to be good so we didn't practice or prepare all off-season. We did lose our oline and dline coaches to major gigs, so that somewhat explains our struggles in the trenches. If our district wasn't the worst 5a district in the state, we would not be a playoff team. I could see us squeaking out wins against a couple district bottom feeders just purely off of talent. If we ever start blocking we could be good.