17-5A Season Thread

Nacwagons

Wagons, do y'all still have that running back and Maxie playing??? What's going on with the Roaches offense?? Doesn't make sense. I don't know what to say about that Ennis lost. I figured they weren't that good though, or at least as good as their fans were saying...

Wagons, do y'all still have that running back and Maxie playing??? What's going on with the Roaches offense?? Doesn't make sense. I don't know what to say about that Ennis lost. I figured they weren't that good though, or at least as good as their fans were saying...

Maxie is out for the year with a torn meniscus. P jones is playing, but We aren't doing anything to back the safeties and linebackers off the line. 8-9 box 1st and 2nd down and then blitzing on 3rd down. The last 3 games there has been no emotion at all, it looks like we are going through the motions. Now we are in a position to depend on others, we better start airing up the basketballs. What a waste of a promising season.
  • Like 1

Maxie is out for the year with a torn meniscus. P jones is playing, but We aren't doing anything to back the safeties and linebackers off the line. 8-9 box 1st and 2nd down and then blitzing on 3rd down. The last 3 games there has been no emotion at all, it looks like we are going through the motions. Now we are in a position to depend on others, we better start airing up the basketballs. What a waste of a promising season.

I figured someone was hurt. The offense was pretty good earlier this season.

I just don't get Nac at ALL. I was expecting a lot more from them this season.

Jacksonville winning at the Tomato Bowl is no shocker.....esp now that it looks like the tribe is getting back on track.

And look at Corsi!!!! Glad to see them turning the jets on....makes our win over them look a lot better. Congrats to them.

It's a shame our districts aren't meeting in the first round again this year. I'd much rather play in our own backyards instead of going to the metromess to get our lunch handed to us in the first round.

Maybe we can pull off an upset Vs. Wylie East...... ugh.

Good luck guys. I enjoy keeping up with the neighbors down south.

I just don't get Nac at ALL. I was expecting a lot more from them this season.

Jacksonville winning at the Tomato Bowl is no shocker.....esp now that it looks like the tribe is getting back on track.

And look at Corsi!!!! Glad to see them turning the jets on....makes our win over them look a lot better. Congrats to them.

It's a shame our districts aren't meeting in the first round again this year. I'd much rather play in our own backyards instead of going to the metromess to get our lunch handed to us in the first round.

Maybe we can pull off an upset Vs. Wylie East...... ugh.

Good luck guys. I enjoy keeping up with the neighbors down south.

i don't get it either!! I am not sure where we have gone!!!

These two districts playing each other would be the best chance for us to have east Texas last longer than one round. I now fear no east Texas teams left after round one.

Texas High is the real deal IMHO. They will be (10-0) and I can see them going to at least the third round.

If Marshall goes D-1 they will get stomped by Highland Park..... but if they go D2, I think there is at least a chance they can hang with Wylie East. I could be wrong....but I think we SHOULD.

Whoever gets those other 2 slots from our district will get run out of the stadium like we did in the first round in 2013 when we were (3-7).

Ya'll's first round matchups are killer too. Still too early to predict match-ups for ya'll though. But it's fun to see it all come together.

College Station is the beast in the district 17-5A will play. 8-0, ranked 8th. Temple, Bryan . . . I went to A&M and would go watch Temple come to Bryan and play in the 1970s. Wow. 6A teams. I can't believe that's the first round now for 17-5A.

BTW, the UIL voted last week to allow 5A supes to vote (referendum) on whether to split 5A like 4A on down. The cutoff, I understand would be like 1700 for Div 1 5A. So needed. Of course, none of the Metroplex or Houston schools will vote for it since all of their 5A schools seem to have 1700-1900 (like TX High) students where East Texas, West Texas, and South Texas have smaller 5As. Dallas and Houston area will fight it . . . as they have the last two straw votes that kept it off the referendum for real vote. Now it's on there.

if they divide 5a D1 and D2.....Tx High for sure goes up, Ennis and Nac are on the edge. They would either be the top of D2 or the bottom of D1. Nac may have the enrollment of 5A but they have the athletics of a smaller 4a school.

Having Lindale, Jacksonville Pine Tree, Sulphur Springs and Greenville play some of the bigger programs is tough!!

If Jacksonville and Ennis both win out, won't Jacksonville win the district championship because they'll have the head to head with Ennis?

I think they will share it, if both teams only have one lost in district. I think head to head would only be used for playoff seeding. Maybe I'm wrong though

I think they will share it, if both teams only have one lost in district. I think head to head would only be used for playoff seeding. Maybe I'm wrong though

Any ties will share district title. Jacksonville winning out wins district if Corsicana loses. Corsicana has head to head over Jax.

Cana wins district by winning out, needs no help.

Nac has one of its best teams in school history and probably misses the playoffs. I would have never guess that. Just a couple weeks ago we were talking District Championship.

I don't think we can say this is one of the best teams in Nac history anymore. This group had the potential to be special. The inability to make the plays when needed, too many penalties and let's be honest a bad year of coaching. Having 3 straight games with zero offensive production and making no adjustments is on the coaches. Our defense hasn't made the adjustment to stop the double move on our defensive right side. We allow other teams to scheme our best players out of the game instead of us dictating what happens.

We have way too much talent to be 4-4 and on the verge of missing the playoffs!!! Very disappointing end to the season!! I would say it's time for a coaching change, but Nac isn't known for great decisions in coaching searches. Hard to get a good coach/ath director to come to Nac.

Same issue in Lindale as far as the coach/ ath director. Don't get me wrong I like coach meaders. He's a good guy but a mediocre coach. I don't see Lindale making a change any time soon though

Reyes was talked out of retirement to coach this team. He has done a great job building this program. He will eventually be ready to re-retire. What hurts our coaching search is that the athletic director job is not part of it. Rumor here, and it is just rumor is that Reyes considered leaving before this season started.

I want us to take a step forward when Reyes does leave. Our track record doesn't suggest it will happen.

Reyes was talked out of retirement to coach this team. He has done a great job building this program. He will eventually be ready to re-retire. What hurts our coaching search is that the athletic director job is not part of it. Rumor here, and it is just rumor is that Reyes considered leaving before this season started.

I want us to take a step forward when Reyes does leave. Our track record doesn't suggest it will happen.

That makes sense he was talking about leaving, helps explain why his son left. Turned out well for him. He went to Justin Northwest as the OC and they are 8-0.

Same issue in Lindale as far as the coach/ ath director. Don't get me wrong I like coach meaders. He's a good guy but a mediocre coach. I don't see Lindale making a change any time soon though

Lindale won't make a change, even if it's needed. And from what I've heard the last few years is his replacement will be hired from within when he does decide to retire. Lindale hasn't hired someone outside the program to fill the head coach opening in a long time.

Yea that's true. Coach Owens was a pretty good coach but still not elite by any means. I fear it will stay that way for a while. The only way Lindale will stand out is if we get some star players to do it. Not by the coaching

You've got to have good players, but coaching is a BIG part! You'd be surprised what it could achieve for your program. I've seen average coaches just "get by" and misuse some decent talent. And some top tier coaches turn average talent into winners.

I fully agree. I believe it was 2010 Lindale had a dang good team that I honestly believe had the talent to win state. They got knocked in the second round by Henderson but they led by 3 touchdowns at the half and ended up losing by a touchdown in the end. I fully believe Lindale was just out coached in the second half. Henderson won state that year

I fully agree. I believe it was 2010 Lindale had a dang good team that I honestly believe had the talent to win state. They got knocked in the second round by Henderson but they led by 3 touchdowns at the half and ended up losing by a touchdown in the end. I fully believe Lindale was just out coached in the second half. Henderson won state that year

Those are the toughest games to swall, when the team you should have beat goes on a long run/wins state. Talk about a bad taste in your mouth.

Let's take a look at some 17-5A numbers...

District Records:

ENN 2-1

COR 3-0

JAX 2-1

WH 1-2

LIN 0-3

NAC 1-2

Cumulative points (Points for, Points Allowed):

ENN: 91, 83

JAX: 90, 81

WH 62, 59

LIN 58, 86

NAC 61, 60

COR 85, 78

And what does Mr. Pythagoras say?

ENN 1.663

JAX 1.686

WH 1.588

LIN 0.847

NAC 1.529

COR 1.652

So Corsicana is "overperforming", Nac is underperforming, Lindale is underperforming, Whitehouse is underperforming, Jacksonville is slightly overperforming, and Ennis is also slightly overperforming.

Let's take a look at some 17-5A numbers...

District Records:

ENN 2-1

COR 3-0

JAX 2-1

WH 1-2

LIN 0-3

NAC 1-2

Cumulative points (Points for, Points Allowed):

ENN: 91, 83

JAX: 90, 81

WH 62, 59

LIN 58, 86

NAC 61, 60

COR 85, 78

And what does Mr. Pythagoras say?

ENN 1.663

JAX 1.686

WH 1.588

LIN 0.847

NAC 1.529

COR 1.652

So Corsicana is "overperforming", Nac is underperforming, Lindale is underperforming, Whitehouse is underperforming, Jacksonville is slightly overperforming, and Ennis is also slightly overperforming.

And you say all of that to remind us that there is NO definites in this district except Corsicana is going to make the playoffs. This is a toss up district with everything riding on the last two games of the season. I believe the picture will clear up a little bit Friday, but the possibilities in this district are endless. There will be a tie somewhere, its just a matter of if it is a two-way, three-way or four-way tie and for how many playoff spots.