17-5A Season Thread

Nacwagons

Lindale needs 3 way ties to happen, but it all starts by winning 2.

They have Jacksonville and Whitehouse left. I think this is what they would need to happen. Someone can fact check me if they like....

Nac beats Jacksonville putting Jax at 2-3 if Nac loses to Ennis... would put them in a 3 way tie with Nac and Jax...point differential from the mini round robin would decide the last PO spot. Whitehouse beating Cana and losing to Lindale puts us in a 4 way tie at 2-3 point differential from Nac/Jax and WH/Lin would decide 2 PO spots.

Nac beats Jax and Ennis, Corsicana beats Ennis puts Lindale in 3 way tie with Ennis and Jax. Point Differential would decide it....Ennis is +5, Jacksonville is +8, Lindale would have to win by more than 5. Whitehouse beating Cana gives us 4 way tie. Whitehouse beating Cana and Cana beating Ennis gives us a 5 way tie at 2-3.....

Nac Beats Jax and Ennis & Whitehouse beats Corsicana...3 tie would be Lindale, WH and Nac. WH is +10, Nac is +4. Lindale would have to beat Whitehouse by at least 5.

Cana beating Ennis adds Ennis as 4 way tie.

My head is spinning....someone is obviously going to have to check me here.....I am sure I missed something....needless to say a lot can still happen in this district!!!

Lindale needs 3 way ties to happen, but it all starts by winning 2.

They have Jacksonville and Whitehouse left. I think this is what they would need to happen. Someone can fact check me if they like....

Nac beats Jacksonville putting Jax at 2-3 if Nac loses to Ennis... would put them in a 3 way tie with Nac and Jax...point differential from the mini round robin would decide the last PO spot. Whitehouse beating Cana and losing to Lindale puts us in a 4 way tie at 2-3 point differential from Nac/Jax and WH/Lin would decide 2 PO spots.

Nac beats Jax and Ennis, Corsicana beats Ennis puts Lindale in 3 way tie with Ennis and Jax. Point Differential would decide it....Ennis is +5, Jacksonville is +8, Lindale would have to win by more than 5. Whitehouse beating Cana gives us 4 way tie. Whitehouse beating Cana and Cana beating Ennis gives us a 5 way tie at 2-3.....

Nac Beats Jax and Ennis & Whitehouse beats Corsicana...3 tie would be Lindale, WH and Nac. WH is +10, Nac is +4. Lindale would have to beat Whitehouse by at least 5.

Cana beating Ennis adds Ennis as 4 way tie!

I was wrong....if Nac beats both Jax and Ennis, they would be in at 3-2. Still assuming Lindale wins out..... the most you can have is a 4 way tie if my math is correct. Corsicana is the only team out of the tie breakers sitting at 3-0, they can still finish as the second seed on either side. Would go D1 if either Nac or Ennis miss. They go D2 if both Nac and Ennis make it.

And to answer jakeelee's question, I had this post on my computer screen half the day, as I thought about the scenarios and looked up scores.

Lindale won't make a change, even if it's needed. And from what I've heard the last few years is his replacement will be hired from within when he does decide to retire. Lindale hasn't hired someone outside the program to fill the head coach opening in a long time.

Which assistant would be the replacement?

Lindale won't make a change, even if it's needed. And from what I've heard the last few years is his replacement will be hired from within when he does decide to retire. Lindale hasn't hired someone outside the program to fill the head coach opening in a long time.

Playaction, here's my original post. Notice nowhere it says fire. It says WHEN HE DOES DECIDE TO RETIRE. And 2nd his son is a senior. He can't do much for them next year.

Might want to read some of the posts on a thread before you start throwing out false information.

I don't think they will fire him. They will keep him as the head coach until he decides to move on or retires. His son doesn't have anything to do with it it's his senior year anyway

Exactly. I don't think they will fire him either. I expect his son to play college ball. He has one D3 offer, but I imagine he'll get more. And I'm sure Meador would like to have his Saturdays free to go watch him. Makes me wonder how much longer he'll stay in coaching.

Week 4 of district just wrapped up. Ennis and Cana have claimed two of the spots and the other 4 teams are all still alive for the last 2 spots.

Lindale destroyed Jacksonville 45-7

Ennis beat Nac 27-14

Corsicana beat Whitehouse 17-9

Standings are

Corsicana 4-0

Ennis 3-1

Jacksonville 2-2

Whitehouse 1-3

Lindale 1-3

Nacogdoches 1-3

Next week we have Corsicana and Ennis squaring off for the district title. Cana has clinched at least a share, Ennis can claim half with a win over Corsicana.

Jacksonville at Nac

Whitehouse at Lindale

Basically the winners are in....

Jacksonville and whitehouse win they are in.

A Nac and Lindale win puts Lindale and Nac in due to points over jacksonville.

A Nac win and a Whitehosue win, Nac would have to win by 7 to over come point differential. Whitehouse beat Nac by 10, Jax beat whitehouse by 4.

We won't know D1 and D2 seeds until we know who makes the playoffs. Right now Cana and Ennis would go D1 unless Nac gets in then Nac and Ennis go D1.

Etsn projecting district playoff teams to be....

Ennis D1 1 seed playing Bryan

Nac D1 2 seed playing temple

Corsicana D2 1 seed playing A&M Cons

Whitehouse D2 2 seed playing college st

Not my predictions, just passing on what I read.

Dave Campbell's are:

D1 Corsicana playing Bryan, Ennis playing Temple

D2 Jacksonville playing A&M Cons, Whitehouse playing College Station

D.C. Looks to have just out the standing as they sit, etsn is projecting the winners for this week.....guess they think whitehouse beats Lindale and Nac beats jax by more than 7

SO what will everyone's record likely be headed into the playoffs from this district?

From 16-5A:

Texas High (10-0)

Marshall (6-4)

Mount Pleasant (3-7)

Hallsville (3-7) or Sulphur Springs (4-6)- depends who wins this game.