17-5A Season Thread

Nacwagons

WH is good against the run, or at least has been .vs the teams they have played. I don't think anyone has the running game that Ennis has for them.

Nac. has run on every team they have played this year. I think I am correct in saying Phillip Jones has gone over 200yds on everyone so far this year.

Cana heading to the Tomato Bowl this week, we get to see what each team really is.

After the first week in district, teams start the jockeying for position for the four playoff spots.

Ennis 4-2(1-0) pulled out a last second win .vs Whitehouse. 24-21 got a little lucky at the end!!!

Nacogdoches 4-2(1-0) defense led them to a 24-10 win vs Lindale. Defense was great, offense was horrible!!!

Cana 3-3(1-0) edged Jacksonville in OT 41-38

Whitehouse 4-2(0-1) did they answer questions about themselves in close loss to Ennis or bring up new ones about Ennis??

Jacksonville 3-3(0-1) held tough in a tough loss.

Lindale 1-5(0-1) led 3-0 at halftime, very little offensive production. Could be winless in this district.

Week 2 schedule

Jacksonville @ Whitehouse......my pick WH

Nac @ Cana ........my pick Nac

Lindale @ Ennis ....my pick Ennis

I think the rankings are

Ennis-D1

Nac-D1

WH-D2

Cana-D2

Jax

Lindale

I think that's pretty correct. I do think Lindale is better than their record shows. It was a really close game last night up until about 2 minutes left in the fourth when they threw a pick six. That's what made the big difference in the score. It will be tough but I could see Lindale at least getting the fourth spot

Maybe Lindale brought up some questions about Nac one on the other side would say...

Nah those questions have already been there!! Not one person expected a close game between WH/Ennis...

So is whitehouse that up or Ennis that down? I saw whitehouse play once this season and they were not impressive. Granted it was the first week of the season, but I wouldn't have thought they would be that close to Ennis.

Whitehouse now looks to be able to compete for 2nd in the district. Definitely a playoff spot.

Well, one of Whitehouse's TDs was a "scoop and score" fumble that they returned 70 yards or so.

Another came after a roughing the kicker penalty on Ennis, where the WH kicker missed the field goal.

We hurt ourselves with penalties in that game, again. Too many False Starts and too many Holding penalties. I can count at least three drives that were killed just on penalties.

You just listed the top 4 and if that is the case Ennis and Nac go D1 and Cana and WH go D2.

I think these are definitely the 4 playoff teams. Who gets the #1 D1 seed is important though. Temple will be the #1 D1 seed in 18-5A and a tough team for Ennis or Nac to beat. Whoever plays the #2 D1 seed, which will probably be Bryan, has a much easier road in the playoffs.

I think these are definitely the 4 playoff teams. Who gets the #1 D1 seed is important though. Temple will be the #1 D1 seed in 18-5A and a tough team for Ennis or Nac to beat. Whoever plays the #2 D1 seed, which will probably be Bryan, has a much easier road in the playoffs.

I agree. Whoever goes D1 will have a harder road.

But honestly right now I'm not sure any 17 5A teams can win a playoff game.

Speaking of playoffs...

Here's the "top four" in 18-5A right now:

College Station (7-0, 3-0)

Temple (5-2, 3-0)

Waco High (4-2, 1-1)

Bryan (3-3, 1-1)

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/statsplus/football/district---a-standings/article_428d28aa-78e3-11e6-87b6-233dc87ae9dd.html

Temple will be #1 - D1

Bryan will be #2 - D1

Whoever catches Bryan should win, Temple, not as good as a chance.