17-5A Season Thread

Nacwagons

Is Whithouse that good on offense or is Ennis weak on defense?

One of Whitehouse's scores was a "scoop and score" fumble recovery.

Another of the TDs came after a roughing the kicker penalty on a missed FG attempt.

All 21 of Whitehouse's points were scored in the first half.

One of Whitehouse's scores was a "scoop and score" fumble recovery.

Another of the TDs came after a roughing the kicker penalty on a missed FG attempt.

All 21 of Whitehouse's points were scored in the first half.

So Whitehouse is NOT that good on offense, and Ennis is very good on defense, but average on offense?

Looks like what I would pick to be our top 4 right now. Matchups remain to be seen.

The district becomes more clear this Friday. We will actually be able to start talking scenarios already after this week. Depending on these matchups play out.

Nac/Cana winner set themselves up to claim a playoff spot, the loser falls back to the pack.

Whitehouse/Jacksonville is almost a must win for both, don't want to start 0-2 in district. Probably more so for Jax since they still have Ennis and Nac to go.

Ennis/Lindale game should go Ennis, but Lindale isn't dead with a loss. They would have started district off with what some have said to be the top two teams in this district.

1 district win, might get you into the playoffs in this district.

Safe travels 17-5a!!!

Nac/Cana winner set themselves up to claim a playoff spot, the loser falls back to the pack.

Whitehouse/Jacksonville is almost a must win for both, don't want to start 0-2 in district. Probably more so for Jax since they still have Ennis and Nac to go.

Ennis/Lindale game should go Ennis, but Lindale isn't dead with a loss. They would have started district off with what some have said to be the top two teams in this district.

1 district win, might get you into the playoffs in this district.

Safe travels 17-5a!!!

One win might get someone in, but 2 definitely should (with no unforseen upsets). The bottom 3, Corsicana, Jacksonville and Lindale can get in with 2 wins over the other 2.

One win might get someone in, but 2 definitely should (with no unforseen upsets). The bottom 3, Corsicana, Jacksonville and Lindale can get in with 2 wins over the other 2.

Not ready to say Cana is bottom anything. A win tonight and they could be top 2.

• Like 1

What a MESS!!!!!!

Looking like we are going to have lots of tie breakers to deal with.

Ennis 2-0- Beat Lindale 41-28...This game was close into the 3rd qtr. D1-Jax,Nac and Cana Left.

Corsicana 2-0 Beat Nac 24-20 In OT...Back to back OT victories...now has H2H against Nac and Jax. Point differential of 4 over Nac and 3 over Jax incase of a tie. D2..Ennis, Lindale and Whitehouse left.

Nac 1-1-back to back horrible offensive games!! 2 of next 3 at home....Nac is 2-6 at home since installing turf, 2 wins .vs Kilgore and Jacksonville....Whitehouse, Ennis and Jacksonville left....D1

Jacksonville 1-1....Beat WH 18-14 coming back from being down 14-3 at half. Nac, Ennis and Lindale left. D2.

Whitehouse-0-2....Blew another 2nd half lead. Has Nac, Cana and Lindale left.

Lindale 0-2....They have looked better in District than they did in Non-District...WH,Cana and Jax left

Corsicana @ Lindale ......Cana Win coupled with WH loss clinches playoff spot.

Whitehouse @ Nac....A Nac win coupled with a Cana and Ennis win...puts Nac in position to clinch.

Ennis @ Jacksonville....an Ennis win coupled with a Whitehouse loss clinches a play off spot.

Lindale, WH and Jacks win this week and the district is in chaos.

Honestly, right now I see this district coming down to the Ennis/Nac game for the #1 spot.

Because I think Nac is the toughest game left on our regular-season schedule.

I think our biggest issues right now are getting our penalties under control, controlling and/or stopping run games, and getting opposing offenses off the field on third downs.

Honestly, right now I see this district coming down to the Ennis/Nac game for the #1 spot.

Because I think Nac is the toughest game left on our regular-season schedule.

I think our biggest issues right now are getting our penalties under control, controlling and/or stopping run games, and getting opposing offenses off the field on third downs.

corsicana will now have something to say about who wins the district.

What a district mess we have!!!! Everyone is still alive for a playoff spot!!

Corsicana with there 3rd OT win in district 21-20 over Lindale.

Jacksonville upsets mighty Ennis 34-26

Whitehouse beats Nac 27-17.....Nac is now 2-7 on their home field the last 2 years.

Standings are

Cana 3-0....clinched a playoff spot with the win tonight. Can clinch district title with win and Ennis loss. Whitehouse and Ennis left.

Jax 2-1 yes that's right Jacksonville!!! Clinches playoff spot next week with win at Lindale. Has Lindale and Nac left.

2-1 Ennis clinches playoff spot with win over Nac next week. Can at least share district title by winnng out. Nac and Cana left.

Whitehouse 1-2 can clinch playoff spot next week with a Nac loss and Jacksonville win due to h2h win over nac.

Nac 1-2 Needs to win out and needs Jax and whitehouse to lose. All but eliminated with a loss and Wh and Jax win. Has ennis and Jax left.

Lindale 0-3 must win out and win big to over come point differential losses. Jax and wh left.

Looking like Ennis and Cana going D1, WH and Jax going D2.

Wow, what a crazy week in 17 5A!

Next week could jumble it even more!!!

Nac beating Ennis

Lindale beating Jax

Wh beating Cana

Would give us

Cana 3-1

Ennis 3-1

Jax 2-2

Wh 2-2

Nac 2-2

Lindale 1-3

The last week is.....

Cana and Ennis

Jax and Nac

Lindale and Wh

We could be in for a crazy finish!!! Or it could all be over next week, with the last week meaning nothing....if Ennis, Jax and WH win playoffs are set.

This season has just put a bad taste in my mouth. Worst season Lindale has had in probably 2 decades. And really not a great overall season for any of 17 5A

Lindale has lost more close games the last two years than any school I can remember!!!