17-5A Season Thread

Nacwagons

I think it shows that both teams have improved drastically since non district. It also shows how good Marshall can be if they come ready to play for 4 quarters. After losing 3 straight we were on a mission to prove that we were alot better than what we showed.After losing to Marshall, Cana really stepped up their game, instead of folding on the rest of season.

I think it shows that both teams have improved drastically since non district. It also shows how good Marshall can be if they come ready to play for 4 quarters. After losing 3 straight we were on a mission to prove that we were alot better than what we showed.After losing to Marshall, Cana really stepped up their game, instead of folding on the rest of season.

I think it also shows how poor both districts are this season.

• Like 1

Corsicana has found their identity. They were in a bad place when they played Marshall. The coaches son taking over at QB and figuring out who they are of offense has made them a much tougher team to beat.

Both Districts are average, with the exception of maybe Texas High. But, with this being said anything can happen if you get in the playoffs. If Cedar Park goes small school and Temple takes the #2 seed lightly, anything can happen in Region 3 Division 1, District 17 could make a splash. I think District 16 has a much tougher road to hoe and Division 2 will difficult as well for District 17.

I don't think you can say this until you see how the playoffs turn out.

True. But neither had a very impressive showing in non district.

Pre district for 16 5A was 7-21 (4 of those wins belonging to Texas High) and 17 5A was 16-14. Not great either.

In my opinion, right now out of 8 playoff games I think these 2 districts might combine to win 2 games. 3 at the most. Hope I'm wrong.

Corsicana has found their identity. They were in a bad place when they played Marshall. The coaches son taking over at QB and figuring out who they are of offense has made them a much tougher team to beat.

Both Districts are average, with the exception of maybe Texas High. But, with this being said anything can happen if you get in the playoffs. If Cedar Park goes small school and Temple takes the #2 seed lightly, anything can happen in Region 3 Division 1, District 17 could make a splash. I think District 16 has a much tougher road to hoe and Division 2 will difficult as well for District 17.

I think if these districts played each other in the first round Texas high would probably be the only unanimous winner.

Going by the standings right now, you would have Texas high vs Ennis and Marshall vs Corsicana...then I think 17-5a has the upper hand playing the bottom group from 16-5a based on non district results.

I realize the matchups change if Nac were to make the playoffs...but right now Cana and Ennis are D1.

I'll glady eat my crow if it happens, but I can't see district 17 making a "splash". Maybe pulling out an upset or 2 in the 1st round, but that's it.

I think if these districts played each other in the first round Texas high would probably be the only unanimous winner.

Going by the standings right now, you would have Texas high vs Ennis and Marshall vs Corsicana...then I think 17-5a has the upper hand playing the bottom group from 16-5a based on non district results.

I realize the matchups change if Nac were to make the playoffs...but right now Cana and Ennis are D1.

I think if that was happening, both Texas High and Marshall would win. Yes, Corsicana may have improved, but I think Marshall has too. But I think any combination of Nac, Lindale, Whitehouse, Jacksonville would probably beat SS, MP and Hallsville. Could be close games.

I think if that was happening, both Texas High and Marshall would win. Yes, Corsicana may have improved, but I think Marshall has too. But I think any combination of Nac, Lindale, Whitehouse, Jacksonville would probably beat SS, MP and Hallsville. Could be close games.

Nac getting in would push Cana to D2 and Nac would face Marshall.

Let's not act like Corsicana are world beaters now, they won 3OT games. That's a little a lucky, they could just as easy be 1-3 in district. Their largest margin of victory in district is 8 points.

Let's not act like Corsicana are world beaters now, they won 3OT games. That's a little a lucky, they could just as easy be 1-3 in district. Their largest margin of victory in district is 8 points.

Agree. I think it also shows how even all the 17 5A teams are. Interested to see how the Ennis/Corsicana game goes.

We already beat Corsicana 40-0.... you don't think we would be favored in a rematch?

A Corsicana team that's 4-0 in your district. I think Marshall would size up pretty well against anyone in 17-5A

We're a significantly better team now than we were 2 months ago.

2 months ago we had a one man offensive show..... now we have 3 guys toting the rock with some pretty good efficiency and a WR corps that's finally started making some plays.

Our biggest concern? Defense. But even that has improved greatly since August.

IMHO.... if our districts met in the first round again it would end up (2-2). I'd likely take Texas High and Marshall as the favorites in their games....... but whoever from 17 ended up getting MP and/or Hallsville/SS would probably win....BIG.

JMHO

We already beat Corsicana 40-0.... you don't think we would be favored in a rematch?

A Corsicana team that's 4-0 in your district. I think Marshall would size up pretty well against anyone in 17-5A

2 months ago we had a one man offensive show..... now we have 3 guys toting the rock with some pretty good efficiency and a WR corps that's finally started making some plays.

IMHO.... if our districts met in the first round again it would end up (2-2). I'd likely take Texas High and Marshall as the favorites in their games....... but whoever from 17 ended up getting MP and/or Hallsville/SS would probably win....BIG.

JMHO

Marshall would 100% still beat down Corsicana. Corsicana may be playing for a district championship, which is great, but they have barely beaten all those teams in district. And yes, a win is a win, and good for them. But they haven't improved enough to beat Marshall.

Marshall would 100% still beat down Corsicana. Corsicana may be playing for a district championship, which is great, but they have barely beaten all those teams in district. And yes, a win is a win, and good for them. But they haven't improved enough to beat Marshall.

I don't agree. I think if we played Marshall right now, it'll be different. Marshall may still win, but it wouldn't be 40-0.

I don't agree. I think if we played Marshall right now, it'll be different. Marshall may still win, but it wouldn't be 40-0.

I agree with that completely. I have no doubt the Tigers have improved.... just as Marshall has. We're exponentially better on offense than we were 2 months ago. Willing to bet Corsicana would say the same.

Tigers had some horrible turnovers in that game that made it uglier than it should have been. No doubt a rematch would be closer. But I'd still take the Mavs.

I agree with that completely. I have no doubt the Tigers have improved.... just as Marshall has. We're exponentially better on offense than we were 2 months ago. Willing to bet Corsicana would say the same.

Tigers had some horrible turnovers in that game that made it uglier than it should have been. No doubt a rematch would be closer. But I'd still take the Mavs.

My point exactly. I listened to that game on the radio. Sounded like we stunk up the place. We changed quarterbacks since then and we gotten better.

no where did I say Marshall wouldnt win, I said the only unanimous pick would be Texas high...as it sits right now, if Nac sneaks in then Marshall would probably be a unanimous pick against them.

JMHO

It is also harder to beat a team twice.

I'm not saying Corsicana hasn't improved. But I think Marshall has a LOT since the beginning of the season. It would probably be closer than 40-0, but still don't think it would be a close game.

It is also harder to beat a team twice.

It is hard to beat a team twice..but usually not one you beat 40-0.