Notre Dame vs Texas

Baron

Notre Dame vs Texas  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Golden Domers
    • Horns

What a game, I stayed up way too late watching it and am paying for it this morning, but totally worth it.

Observations:

Buechele has way more arm strength than I knew he had, and makes pretty good decisions ( I know the offense was vanilla last night, but still, the kid is 18 years old.)

Foreman is a beast.

Why didn't Johnson and Heard get more thrown their way? (Not sure if Johnson even touched the field.

This offensive line is so improved from last year its hard to believe anyone is back from the 2015 squad.

Defensively my main question is why isn't Boyd on the field somewhere? Can he play safety? On special teams he was head hunting, I would love to see him back there at safety taking people out.

What a game, I stayed up way too late watching it and am paying for it this morning, but totally worth it.

Observations:

Buechele has way more arm strength than I knew he had, and makes pretty good decisions ( I know the offense was vanilla last night, but still, the kid is 18 years old.)

Foreman is a beast.

Why didn't Johnson and Heard get more thrown their way? (Not sure if Johnson even touched the field.

This offensive line is so improved from last year its hard to believe anyone is back from the 2015 squad.

Defensively my main question is why isn't Boyd on the field somewhere? Can he play safety? On special teams he was head hunting, I would love to see him back there at safety taking people out.

You guys are a piece of work... No Aggie brought this up. A longhorn fan called out Aggies for a call, me and lhornfan had a discussion about the call after he called out Aggies for it.

Get off your high horse and let the men have a discussion here without assuming it's a fanbase vs fanbase thing. I'd have this same discussion regardless of team.

There was also a procedure call where Buechele got taken down 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage...no call.

Then there is the phantom chop block called on Vahe.

I saw several plays that ND could have easily been called for holding on the Texas outside rushers ...

No one is mentioning that WR who constantly smoked the ND CBs on fly routes... Reminded me a lot of Kirk at A&M his freshman year, except Kirk rarely dropped passes that I can remember. Just always knew if there was a big play downfield, it was to him...

I'm sure the review team was reviewing the play while the kid was being tended to. I feel like if they thought it warranted a penalty it would've been issued.

I don't think they can review it unless it's called to begin with. The officials on the field would've had to have called it, THEN it would've gone to the replay booth. Not the other way around.

I don't think they can review it unless it's called to begin with. The officials on the field would've had to have called it, THEN it would've gone to the replay booth. Not the other way around.

This year is different. The booth can review even if the refs did not throw a flag. At least that's what the broadcast was saying last night

This year is different. The booth can review even if the refs did not throw a flag. At least that's what the broadcast was saying last night

Really?!

Yeah, you're right:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/la-sp-pac-12-media-days-targeting-20160715-snap-story.html

That was changed. Great. Now we have to worry about eyes in the sky picking players out to eject from games smh. I thought it was a missed call, but Notre Dame still had plenty of chances to win. Big win by Texas.

Notre Dame-Texas drew 7.0 overnight rating for ABC. Second -highest opening weekend game for ESPN/ABC in last 11 years.

It was an instant classic game. Two blue bloods going into double overtime. The big ND comeback in the second half and the crazy blocked XP to send it to OT. Maybe the most entertaining game I've watched in some time. I'm glad it was on a night of its own so the entire country was able to see it without it interfering with watching their own team.

I saw several plays that ND could have easily been called for holding on the Texas outside rushers ...

ND always gets the close call to go their way. Add to that the fact that it was an ACC crew and they're a de facto member of the ACC, it's not a stretch to say the officials are going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Strong almost blew it putting in the 18 wheeler package deep in their own territory. That package should be reserved for red zone and short yardage situations on the opponents end of the field ...

No they used the package perfectly.

4th series of the game they started inside their own 20 and bring Swoopes on and go 16 plays for a TD.

4th series of the game they started inside their own 20 and bring Swoopes on and go 16 plays for a TD.

I thought so too. That's the best I've ever seen at having two qbs. They both know their role and there's no ego. It was clear Zaire had issues with his role and he wasn't effective. Gilbert handled the qbs perfectly and I expect the same thing every week. Like I mentioned early, I'd be surprised to see Buechele once they get to about the 12 yard line.

I thought so too. That's the best I've ever seen at having two qbs. They both know their role and there's no ego. It was clear Zaire had issues with his role and he wasn't effective. Gilbert handled the qbs perfectly and I expect the same thing every week. Like I mentioned early, I'd be surprised to see Buechele once they get to about the 12 yard line.

It's nice to have both. Buchele is a freshman and he's going to have a freshman game or 2, we can rely on Swoopes in those games. He needs to continue working on his passing game.

I don't think so, Sputtering deep in their own territory with the 18 wheeler package is what led to ND's come back.